Europa League Final 2019

coda

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

One fan was on the radio this morning and went through his journey, it included two flights, a train journey and a 27 hour drive!

Any fan there has my respect, I doubt I could even  if I wanted to make such an awful journey. At least a couple of grand and a week off work? For a single game? We have amazing support, but it's an insane trip to make. 

Just now, Daweii said:

Yep and after all that they have to watch a match that kicked off at 11pm local time. If they weren't tired already from the journey, the match finishing at almost 1am in Baku won't help. 

I'm surprised "**** the fans" hasn't been cut in to the pitch. 

Great advertisement for English football as well, with exactly 0 Englishmen on the pitch.

Nothing really new here but it's still pathetic

The main issue I have about this is the clubs should also be ashamed of themselves. You cant make a song and dance about a venue location when you know the location a year in advance. Its not like UEFA told them 2 weeks ago it was in Baku. Apparently Chelsea and Arsenal refused also to subsidise for fans to travel, Chelsea certainly did

Arsenal should have boycotted the tournament last summer if they felt unsafe for a player not to travel knowing they were probably favourites for the tournament

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

Great advertisement for English football as well, with exactly 0 Englishmen on the pitch.

Is 1 ;)

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The main issue I have about this is the clubs should also be ashamed of themselves. You cant make a song and dance about a venue location when you know the location a year in advance. Its not like UEFA told them 2 weeks ago it was in Baku. Apparently Chelsea and Arsenal refused also to subsidise for fans to travel, Chelsea certainly did

Arsenal should have boycotted the tournament last summer if they felt unsafe for a player not to travel knowing they were probably favourites for the tournament

I kind of know what you mean, both clubs have taken the kings shilling for a long long time but I doubt either of them last summer even bothered to check how much a much a flight to Baku cost let alone how many flights a day there were from London 

But then you add in that clubs usually make £0 from away fans so as we've seen with villa they're not really that fussed about rewarding away fans anymore 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maitland Niles. Only saw as I saw the flag on Flashscore :P

Well look at that. Never heard of him :D I need to brush up a bit on our future opponents

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently Chelsea and Arsenal refused also to subsidise for fans to travel, Chelsea certainly did

In fairness, the cost isn't really the problem - the problem is that the airport can't cope, that there aren't enough hotel rooms and that if you want to go, you're looking at a truly atrocious journey. To go to this away game, you're looking at being away from home for a week or more so that you can be in one place for two hours. No sleep, no shower, the potential for robberies or worse - it's an appalling decision to hold it there and even more so when absolutely everyone knows why it's been picked. The game is run by crooks and charlatans.

As a preview of the World Cup in Qatar in 2022, this is awful.

16 minutes ago, Tegis said:

That's just sad, can we go back to the 90's? Oh no wait, that when Man Utd ruled the world, let's go back to the year 1981

5 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Well look at that. Never heard of him :D I need to brush up a bit on our future opponents

Its fine I have never seen him play either, Chelsea have a left back I never heard of either. Turns out he is Italian international who cost 25 million 😮

It must be very difficult for the teams- they've built themselves up for a massive final, they'll be buzzing, filled with adrenaline - then they come out into a flat atmosphere with no noise and no energy and it's confusing - you don't get the blood and thunder, the buzz, the excitement, it kills the game stone dead.

The half time TV people are pretending it's a normal final - the watching world won't agree.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It must be very difficult for the teams- they've built themselves up for a massive final, they'll be buzzing, filled with adrenaline - then they come out into a flat atmosphere with no noise and no energy and it's confusing - you don't get the blood and thunder, the buzz, the excitement, it kills the game stone dead.

The half time TV people are pretending it's a normal final - the watching world won't agree.

I feel bad for the fans. Ok, it's Arsenal and Chelsea, their fans have had a lot more to cheer about lately than most fans, but this is a European final ffs, ok, it's not the big one, but it should be an incredibly occasion. It's a night people should be looking back on and talking about for years. And they will be, but not for the right reasons.

And UEFA have shit the bed and ruined it for everyone.

• Like 2

Â