Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Most were turning their noses up at signing Ings in the summer, I was a lone wolf in pointing out that he has a very good goals to minutes ratio, that's something always were looking out for.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ings is lethal. Sort of striker we need. Give them 40m if we stay up

He is a Bona Fide striker.!! I believe Southampton paid 22 mil for him.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

What does OTBC mean? It’s on the Norwich flags behind the goal. I’m guessing On The Ball City or something cringe like that. 

Oh Those Bloody Canaries

(said in Alan Partridge’s voice) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

He is a Bona Fide striker.!! I believe Southampton paid 22 mil for him.

Yep. Was brilliant at Burnley, liked him then. Not much has changed over the years in the Prem in terms of getting a proven goalscorer and you’ll always have a chance of staying up. Without his goals Southampton would be where we are. Wesley was a big gamble that hasnt paid off

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yep. Was brilliant at Burnley, liked him then. Not much has changed over the years in the Prem in terms of getting a proven goalscorer and you’ll always have a chance of staying up. Without his goals Southampton would be where we are. Wesley was a big gamble that hasnt paid off

22 Million well spent. 

Norwich losing would be help us but only slightly, it's catching the teams above us that we have to worry about, if we finish in the bottom three doesn't really matter if we finish 20th, 19th, or 18th. We've reached the stage now where we have to look after our business, if we don't win enough games we will go down regardless of what anyone else does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Norwich losing would be help us but only slightly, it's catching the teams above us that we have to worry about, if we finish in the bottom three doesn't really matter if we finish 20th, 19th, or 18th. We've reached the stage now where we have to look after our business, if we don't win enough games we will go down regardless of what anyone else does.

Cant remember who said it years ago on a panel, but it was true. Aston Villa always look more concerned with what the opposition are going to do

Right up until the last day of the summer transfer window there were strong rumours and newspapers reports of us spending big on another striker, mades sense as we only had Wesley, and an injury prone Kodjia and Davis, couldn't quite believe when we didn't sign one, should have at least signed Samatta back then.