The Phunnay Video Thread (formerly Funny YouTube Videos)

ED

Its not hilarious, but it is YouTube. The comments completely spoil it, but this appears to be some shitting boring Spanish melodrama, only after about a minute and a half there is a hell of an unscripted cameo appearance.

Cincinnati.com"]

The University of Cincinnati Police are used to people throwing things at football games, but there was an unusual suspect on Saturday – the UC Bearcat mascot.

A snowball fight broke out between the crowd and the mascot around 1 p.m. during Saturday’s 28-10 loss to Pittsburgh at Nippert Stadium, causing police to kick out the Bearcat.

M. Robert “Bobby” Garfield III, 22, of Montgomery was cited with disorderly conduct and was last seen heading to the office of the Athletics Department, which has declined to comment on what disciplinary action would be taken.

Garfield is a senior at UC’s College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning and, according to UC’s Website, was a 2009-10 senior class officer.

“He was throwing them at the crowd and so of course, people threw back and missed him and hit other people,” said UC Police Capt. Jeff Corcoran.

“The officer asked him to stop and he took exception to that.”

At one point, Garfield shoved the officer and both ended up on the ground, he said.

As the two took the tumble, at least one witness captured the moment on what appears to be a camera phone. Before long, the image of two officers pinning down the Bearcat began circulating quickly on Twitter.

Ryan Koslen, UC’s Associate Sports Communications Director, said a back-up mascot was sent into the game.

“I can’t comment on the disciplinary procedure, that’s up to the coach,” he said. “I didn’t see the incident and I can’t comment on that.”

He did add that in the three seasons he has been there, this is the first time there’s been a mascot arrest.

“It’s fairly common for people to throw things at games – not just for us but anywhere. Fortunately, we usually don’t see snow until after the football season,” Corcoran said. “My personal suspicion is that it started as a joke and things got out of hand, which happen occasionally. But it’s usually the attendees, so this is a bit unusual for us.”

It remains to be seen whether Saturday’s incident will affect the Bearcat’s standing in the Capital One 2010 Mascot Challenge. As of Saturday evening, the reigning champ Bearcat was trailing The University of Texas at El Paso’s mascot, Paydirt.

Bearcat was knocked out by Paydirt, for the record.

Â