Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Listen, I get that we are all on SG's back at the moment and rightly so after that s**t show on Saturday. 

But that statement is actually mental. You can see it's mental right? 

I didn't say I believed it. I said it wouldn't surprise me. With the way SG has handled the situation and all the needless things he's said in public, no it would not surprise me if such a mental thing was indeed true.

He didn’t volunteer the comment. He was asked the question so answered it honestly. Clearly Ty has had a reaction otherwise he wouldn’t have said it. 

Are you saying he should have lied to protect Tyrone’s feelings? Is Tyrone that sensitive a bloke that you think that’s required? If he is, do you think that’s the sign of an effective captain for an elite football team?

Also, is everyone deliberately ignoring Gerrard’s initial statement that the reason why Tyrone wasnt playing is because he was carrying a niggle?

I genuinely think some people are losing their minds due to an irrational hatred of Gerrard for the simple reason he replaced saint dean smith. 

On 06/08/2022 at 19:45, est1874 said:

I'm sorry, today was unacceptable all around, but exactly what game have you seen where Tyrone has singlehandedly driven us forward to try and force something?

He's done it loads of times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

😴😴😴😴😴😴

He has, and that's a fact. Try watching us 'fella'.

I do fella, that's how I know he's **** shit. Our defensive frailty on Saturday doesn't suddenly mean Mings is a good player.

Just now, est1874 said:

I do fella, that's how I know he's **** shit. Our defensive frailty on Saturday doesn't suddenly mean Mings is a good player.

We're not currently debating whether he's shit or not. We're debating whether he's driven forward with the ball to try and make something happen (which he's done several times, and you'd be blind not to have seen).

Why are you changing the narrative?

25 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He didn’t volunteer the comment. He was asked the question so answered it honestly. Clearly Ty has had a reaction otherwise he wouldn’t have said it. 

Are you saying he should have lied to protect Tyrone’s feelings? Is Tyrone that sensitive a bloke that you think that’s required? If he is, do you think that’s the sign of an effective captain for an elite football team?

Also, is everyone deliberately ignoring Gerrard’s initial statement that the reason why Tyrone wasnt playing is because he was carrying a niggle?

I genuinely think some people are losing their minds due to an irrational hatred of Gerrard for the simple reason he replaced saint dean smith.

Good points. I'm not one of the Smithista's that laments anyone else coming in,  he should have gone when he did so I'm perhaps not the person you're aiming these comments at... but you offer a glimmer of hope that most of us are reading too much in to this. 

Guess we'll see next week. Assuming he's over his niggle,  and on the basis that our centre back partnership at Bournemouth was a shambles, Mings should definitely be starting. If the mysterious niggle runs on then I think we can assume the injury isn't a legitimate one and Gerrard has his own reasons for not playing him. 

it’s a straight choice between chambers and Mings as long as Ty’s fit and his head is in the right place. One would hope that as long as he has the required chat with the manager he has a very good case to be straight back in albeit Chambers was in better form in pre season. We can’t start with Konsa again, that’s for sure. 

On 06/08/2022 at 20:45, est1874 said:

what game have you seen where Tyrone has singlehandedly driven us forward to try and force something?

Off the top of my head...

Fulham second half of 20/21 season, after the admittedly ballsed up for their goal. Played a 1-2 with Targett and crossed for Trezegeut to score.

Against Brighton, chased a lost cause and stopped the ball going out for a throw-in and ended up scoring himself.

Against United at home last season, where we were 2-0 down. He drives upfield played a pass and went running on to create space. We score and go on to draw 2-2. He actually played the ball out of defence to start the move for the second, but that would be pushing it a bit as there was a lot to do after his pass.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Off the top of my head...

Fulham second half of 20/21 season, after the admittedly ballsed up for their goal. Played a 1-2 with Targett and crossed for Trezegeut to score.

Against Brighton, chased a lost cause and stopped the ball going out for a throw-in and ended up scoring himself.

Against United at home last season, where we were 2-0 down. He drives upfield played a pass and went running on to create space. We score and go on to draw 2-2. He actually played the ball out of defence to start the move for the second, but that would be pushing it a bit as there was a lot to do after his pass.

Fair enough!

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

you keep it behind closed doors unless trying to force the player out. Shameful man management

It’s not shameful at all. It’s the sharp end of elite sport and you can read into it exactly what it is - a kick up the arse. Following what I’m sure is dozens of conversations behind closed doors since Gerrard took over. 

Re forcing the player out. Very interesting that a number of clubs below us are signing centre backs but there appears to be zero interest in Tyrone despite his obvious availability for the right price. You can read into that what you want as well. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Re forcing the player out. Very interesting that a number of clubs below us are signing centre backs but there appears to be zero interest in Tyrone despite his obvious availability for the right price. You can read into that what you want as well. 

The only team below us is Southampton

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Thats quite a definitive statement. I don't think we know if other clubs are interested or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Obvious availability? Is that meant to be sarcasm?

• Like 2

Tyrone won’t be at villa in 12 months regardless of whether Gerrard is manager or not. He’s an excellent defender for a team that wants to get promoted or wants to avoid relegation. We should have bigger aspirations than that, regardless of who the manager is and he should fetch a decent fee. 

Luca Digne became available and we moved rapidly to acquire him. If Tyrone was that good Everton, wolves, Bournemouth, forest etc would all have been forming an orderly queue to inquire about his availability since the captaincy issue and some of that would definitely have been leaked if we’re led to believe by some that Gerrard is desperate to get Tyrone out of the club. 

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

Tyrone won’t be at villa in 12 months regardless of whether Gerrard is manager or not. He’s an excellent defender for a team that wants to get promoted or wants to avoid relegation. We should have bigger aspirations than that, regardless of who the manager is and he should fetch a decent fee. 

Luca Digne became available and we moved rapidly to acquire him. If Tyrone was that good Everton, wolves, Bournemouth, forest etc would all have been forming an orderly queue to inquire about his availability since the captaincy issue and some of that would definitely have been leaked if we’re led to believe by some that Gerrard is desperate to get Tyrone out of the club. 

We have a 10 percent win record in the Premier League when Mings doesnt play

If its Mings or Gerrard its a no brainer and its **** off back to Scotland Stevie

• Like 1

Â