Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I am mesmerized by it lol, That is just world class!!

How on earth were were 2 up when he did that.

Probably because Leicester were only just subbing Kante on!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

He knew what he meant......just no one else did.

The art of communication.

The art of looking like you have a clue as to what instructions you want to pass on to your players.

Seriously though, you're right and well said.

It looks like he's saying, "No! This is how we rehearsed these dance moves".

Or like he has us confused with an orchestra and he thinks he is conductor. Which wouldn't be too far from the truth.

Edited by A'Villan

14 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Good post.

Out of interest, what do you think the score will be on Friday night? 

And what would you consider a good result for Leeds? 

I'm guessing you think WBA are more of a threat than we are (which is fair given the league positions and your recent result against them).

Ta :clap:

Depends on Darren Moore imo, know how you will play depends what WBA do. 4 games under Smith you have had 60% possession plus, you have won 2 drawn 1 lost 1 which isnt to bad. But vs Birmingham you were fortunate not go go 2 down before you scored, against Forest you scored 2 after they were down to 10 men and 1 of the goals that day was a pen. 

Think any team that concedes 5 at home has problems, in those 4 games you averaged 2 goals a game conceded (2.9 something) scored tbf but again there was some good fortune. 

If Darren Moore sets up like he did us (something he hasnt done before or since in this league apparently), stay tight and narrow, allow you to have the ball and hit on the break i think you will lose. Furthermore, your away form is patchy even under Smith.

However, if Moore is stupid (i think he might be) then he will allow an open game then i think you can win.

Ill go for 3-2 WBA just because i have a feeling he will play like they did vs us.

Best result for us would be a draw, give us a chance to gain 2 points on 2 rivals, or you win, dont want WBA winning, they are right up our butt. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably because Leicester were only just subbing Kante on!

Yep I think we're overdoing Sherwoods flappy hands and underestimating the effect Kante had on that game. 

As for interpreting the cockernee flappy hands, it looks like he's asking them to swap positions and move more. Trouble is, if you don't work on that stuff on the training ground so that what *looks* like players swapping at random and popping up in space between the lines happens. Then it doesn't happen, unfortunately I think Tactics Tim thought you just say "now do the fluid movement, position swapping shit, I showed you from that Guardiola's Barcelona video". Without the hard work that goes in to achieving it ;)

Our away form is patchy? We just wiped the floor with Derby and Boro, 2 of the best teams in the division.

Yeah we've started dopey in a couple of games and our defence is dodgy. But going 2 down against Forest didn't deter us and if we did the same against Blues we'd still have won. No McGinn and missed a few chances too.

As the season wears on you'll see Villa as a bigger concern than WBA I fancy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Ta :clap:

Depends on Darren Moore imo, know how you will play depends what WBA do. 4 games under Smith you have had 60% possession plus, you have won 2 drawn 1 lost 1 which isnt to bad. But vs Birmingham you were fortunate not go go 2 down before you scored, against Forest you scored 2 after they were down to 10 men and 1 of the goals that day was a pen. 

Think any team that concedes 5 at home has problems, in those 4 games you averaged 2 goals a game conceded (2.9 something) scored tbf but again there was some good fortune. 

If Darren Moore sets up like he did us (something he hasnt done before or since in this league apparently), stay tight and narrow, allow you to have the ball and hit on the break i think you will lose. Furthermore, your away form is patchy even under Smith.

However, if Moore is stupid (i think he might be) then he will allow an open game then i think you can win.

Ill go for 3-2 WBA just because i have a feeling he will play like they did vs us.

Best result for us would be a draw, give us a chance to gain 2 points on 2 rivals, or you win, dont want WBA winning, they are right up our butt. 

Thanks for the reply, appreciate that and it is always nice to hear another fans opinion on the promotion chase.

I agree with elements of your post, but feel you are doing us a bit of a disservice saying our away form is patchy under Smith.

Our away form under Smith (to try get back on topic, apologies Mods) is two close defeats in which we could easily have had 4 points from, followed by two tremendous 3-0 victories at Derby & Boro. 

I think tomorrow night could go either way and like pretty much everyone is predicting, the match will not be short of goals / chances - but Smith has got pretty much everything spot on since his arrival and I feel a lot more confident going into these games under his leadership.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Our away form is patchy? We just wiped the floor with Derby and Boro, 2 of the best teams in the division.

Yeah we've started dopey in a couple of games and our defence is dodgy. But going 2 down against Forest didn't deter us and if we did the same against Blues we'd still have won. No McGinn and missed a few chances too.

As the season wears on you'll see Villa as a bigger concern than WBA I fancy.

Fair point mate, you watch the games i dont i can only see the results and see that Forest were down to 10 before you scored 2 and managed to score 5 to your 3 when it was 11 a side. 

You may be right, we havent played you yet, can only base what i say on our experiences and reading scores. 

33 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate that and it is always nice to hear another fans opinion on the promotion chase.

I agree with elements of your post, but feel you are doing us a bit of a disservice saying our away form is patchy under Smith.

Our away form under Smith (to try get back on topic, apologies Mods) is two close defeats in which we could easily have had 4 points from, followed by two tremendous 3-0 victories at Derby & Boro. 

I think tomorrow night could go either way and like pretty much everyone is predicting, the match will not be short of goals / chances - but Smith has got pretty much everything spot on since his arrival and I feel a lot more confident going into these games under his leadership.

I think you will beat us since we are talking about promotion chase, think you will win at Villa park ( although that may change depending on how the next 2 games goes and how we cope with our latest injuries). 

WBA are the best side we have played by a distance, the only side who have worried me this season, but maybe that will change by the time we play you. 

Thanks for the response 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Fair point mate, you watch the games i dont i can only see the results and see that Forest were down to 10 before you scored 2 and managed to score 5 to your 3 when it was 11 a side. 

You may be right, we havent played you yet, can only base what i say on our experiences and reading scores. 

Forest also scored with every shot on target (thanks in large part to our awful goalkeeper)

You're right, conceding 5 goals at home is bad. But if you watched the game it was one of those bizarre ones where everything Forest hit went in. We had nearly 30 shots IIRC and scored the same amount.

We are a bit patchy in defence, but that game isn't really a fair indication. It was one of those crazy games that come along every now and then that doesn't really reflect either team's true form.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

That's just not accurate mate. 

It was 4-4 when they had a man sent off. 

Appreciate the involvement but best to have accurate facts at hand. 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

I thought Forest were the best opponent I have seen so far, this season.

but you have to bear in mind, we was left a car crash in defence from Steve Bruce and Tony Xia.....Dean Smith has only been with us a wet day and already the signs are improving.

We are still work in progress and I guess players will come in, in Jan to strengthen.....I guess teams that are strong at the start are not necessarily strong all the way through, and fade

Opinions will vary during the season and its teams that capture consistency will prosper.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Let's get real here if we had Forest effectivity we would of won the game 12-5. Freak game coupled with awful keeper

stats.jpg

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The art of looking like you have a clue as to what instructions you want to pass on to your players.

Seriously though, you're right and well said.

It looks like he's saying, "No! This is how we rehearsed these dance moves".

Or like he has us confused with an orchestra and he thinks he is conductor. Which wouldn't be too far from the truth.

However, I have seen some clips of other ( revered ) managers with illustrations like this......apart from the fun, its not worth taking it too seriously.

I would not imagine Dean Smith would use such nebulous methods of instruction.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We are both wrong actually, it was 4-3 to Forest.

Sending off in the 68th minute you scored 71st and 75th and they scored again 82nd.

I do try to be right before i say facts lol my bad.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I thought Forest were the best opponent I have seen so far, this season.

but you have to bear in mind, we was left a car crash in defence from Steve Bruce and Tony Xia.....Dean Smith has only been with us a wet day and already the signs are improving.

We are still work in progress and I guess players will come in, in Jan to strengthen.....I guess teams that are strong at the start are not necessarily strong all the way through, and fade

Opinions will vary during the season and its teams that capture consistency will prosper.

Interestingly i though tForest were shite and on Pulis levels of boredom and it bugs me to this day that we had to score a sodding handball to draw. 

They had 3 shots 1 on target and it went in against us, horrible negative team. 

We should have beat them, its another to add to Birmingham, Wednesday and Millwall, such is life.

Fair point he has improved you and i do like Smith a lot.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Forest also scored with every shot on target (thanks in large part to our awful goalkeeper)

You're right, conceding 5 goals at home is bad. But if you watched the game it was one of those bizarre ones where everything Forest hit went in. We had nearly 30 shots IIRC and scored the same amount.

We are a bit patchy in defence, but that game isn't really a fair indication. It was one of those crazy games that come along every now and then that doesn't really reflect either team's true form.

We have played both Forest and WBA, Forest didnt impress me at all that day, fouling, negative gits, 3 shots 1 on target 1 goal, how lucky can you be.

But like you maybe we didnt take our chances i dont know.

You had 30 shots but played 10 men for 25minutes. 

Points dropped i suppose, we have been there to many times this season to. 

Getting nervous because you talk of strengthening, we talk of not and we desperately need it.

Vs us you will probably be playing our 3rd choice right back and 4th choice cb, it isnt good reading from our point of view.

Particularly given your upturn in goals.

8 minutes ago, Cjay said:

We have played both Forest and WBA, Forest didnt impress me at all that day, fouling, negative gits, 3 shots 1 on target 1 goal, how lucky can you be.

But like you maybe we didnt take our chances i dont know.

You had 30 shots but played 10 men for 25minutes. 

Points dropped i suppose, we have been there to many times this season to. 

Getting nervous because you talk of strengthening, we talk of not and we desperately need it.

Vs us you will probably be playing our 3rd choice right back and 4th choice cb, it isnt good reading from our point of view.

Particularly given your upturn in goals.

Oh it was definitely points dropped. We should have won the game.

But like I said I don't think it's a game you can point at and say "well they conceded 5 goals so their defence must be poor", and looking at it the other way you can't say well we scored 5 so we must be amazing going forward.

It was a crazy game. Like when Man Utd drew 5-5 with West Brom or that Portsmouth game when they won like 7-5 against Reading.

It was a freak result. You have to look at more than one game to draw those sorts of conclusions. And since Smith has come in our goals scored and goals conceded have both moved in the right direction.

• Like 1

Â