Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

17th was the target before the start of the season and we are level with that position. Especially when had the shortest summer transfer window of any promoted team ever 

Exactly. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I just think its a shame that some can't accept what we are and get behind it for the season. 

Most newly promoted clubs don't turn on their manager before the season ends. Its just classic us. 

They normally just sack them and try and get the new manager bounce. Sacking him for the right person to take us forward long term i.e Southampton when they did the dirty and bought poch in, is beneficial. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're closer to safety than we were before kick off. 

We came from behind to get a point. 

How is that getting worse?

He has blown two opportunities for three points. 

He should have done the aubs as soon qs water break but yet again leaves it late and we are punished 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha in which way can't I handle it? 

What a strange response. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. 

I think its a shame and I'm fed up of the negativity towards smith on here, that's about it. 

You told everyone that doesn't agree with you to get a grip, that is a strange comment in itself. 

We've both been on here for years, I got no beef with you. Let's just leave it there my friend.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

So smiths lying? Why would he lie for?

because he would be an asshole to tell a new signing he has no idea who they are or what the skills are. Its called man management

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

They normally just sack them and try and get the new manager bounce. Sacking him for the right person to take us forward long term i.e Southampton when they did the dirty and bought poch in, is beneficial. 

Fans didn't turn on him. That's a bit different. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He should have done the aubs as soon qs water break but yet again leaves it late and we are punished 

Haha OK mystic meg.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So smiths lying? Why would he lie for?

because what else would he say "cant believe we've signed him, dont even know who he is"  it's not lying it's that he probably seen him but relied heavily on the recruitment team's opinion and analysis

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

You told everyone that doesn't agree with you to get a grip, that is a strange comment in itself. 

We've both been on here for years, I got no beef with you. Let's just leave it there my friend.

get a grip was probably the wrong phrase. 

I just mean we really shouldn't be calling for his head while we are only goal difference away from our target. 

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This thread. 

We are currently on the same points as the team in 17th. And cries of sack him continue. 

**** me, I thought a few years in the championship might have changed us. 

Such a shame. Get a grip

People are allowed to have different opinions to yourself.  Do you eventually see Dean Smith winning the league title? 

I will say this once more do people really think the recruitment is solely down to Suso and poor old Smith has been lumbered with some potentially very good players he had no say over ? Purslow has explained the set up, Smith will tell the board what he needs and what type of player he wants and has power to veto any suggestions. He even bloody went to scout Trez at AFCON ffs . they are being poorly used by an inept coach simples ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

but we also scored from his subs....maybe if they came on a different time it may not have been successful.

• Like 1

People are allowed to have different opinions to yourself.  Do you eventually see Dean Smith winning the league title? 

In the Premier League now I can only see 2 managers winning the league title in the near future. I think we need to lower the bar a little ;)  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We're closer to safety than we were before kick off. 

We came from behind to get a point. 

How is that getting worse?

Very short sighted view. Straight up, you think we'll get anything from United, Liverpool and arsenal ? Be honest please. I think we'll lose all 3 games. So being as equally crap and underperforming as Bournemouth and West Ham are right now and celebrating a point against a team who mentally are on a beach in marbella, isn't good enough. We needed to win this. Staying close to them is no good. We'll lose more of what we've left than we'll win. So ultimately....

They are. As I said above, get a grip was wrong. 

But we've gained a point on west ham and showed some fight getting something from the game in the end. To then hear the same cries for him to be sacked is just daft to me. 

No. I don't think any manager we hire will ever win the league with us. Why?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Fans didn't turn on him. That's a bit different. 

I'm referencing the fact that the manager was doing ok but the board bought someone better in. If someone better than Smith is available then he should be bought in at anytime if that makes sense. 

So the pro-Smith argument can basically be boiled down to: Ignore everything you’ve seen including the glaring and repeated deficiencies and just look at our points total?   

Edited by penguin

Just now, DCJonah said:

get a grip was probably the wrong phrase. 

I just mean we really shouldn't be calling for his head while we are only goal difference away from our target. 

Ah that is a statement that I can agree with, I'm not saying that it's not hasty to call for his head. Surely though you have to understand people's emotions. I myself would rather stick with Smith than make a rushed change just for the sake of it.

I do feel he is letting himself and us down though.

Â