UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've just watched the worst ref ever, and it isn't even Cecil Peoples. It was at a Titan event the other week. The gif doesn't do it justice as its not even the ref waiving it of, it was the bell to end the round.

What an absolute word removed!

Alex+White+++vs.+++Roy+Babcock.gif

Thats appalling - and also my biggest issue with MMA. The refs are often too late to intervene resulting in fighters totally unable to defend themselves getting lamped. The bloke cleary didn't even want to hit him again........ 

That gif really pisses me off. Not sure if the female judge for the Mayweather fight or the ref above pisses me off more.

Any update on anderson silva? When he is fighting next etc?? I only watch ufc when he is fighting. Although I love seeing bisping getting ko'd.

That gif really pisses me off. Not sure if the female judge for the Mayweather fight or the ref above pisses me off more.

Any update on anderson silva? When he is fighting next etc?? I only watch ufc when he is fighting. Although I love seeing bisping getting ko'd.

The rematch is in Dec

I'm currently watching Bellator - for those who didn't already know, it's airing on Viva (a free to view channel in the UK). I spotted it last Friday, although it was too late to record it, so set last night's to record, and I've got it on now.

What's the deal? Do they do weekly shows? I've only ever seen single fights and highlights online before. This just over 2 hour show is the opening round of a featherweight tournament - not many fighters I knew, but a real entertaining card. Unsurprisingly, the 2 fighters I was most familiar with, Matyushenko and Houston Alexander, put on the worst fight on the card.

I'll definitely keep up to date with it, although I'm still not sure of the format. Seems as though they put on tournaments at various weights every week, until eventually the winner gets a title shot? They are having their first PPV in November, headlined by Rampage v Tito, dunno if that'll be on Viva, though.

Bellator is the second biggest promotion right now and they put on some pretty good shows. They do weekly shows in sprints and they do almost everything in tournament format. They do away with the elbows on the ground in the tournament until the title-fight.

A few gems in there, particulary Pat Curran at featherweight, Michael Chandler and Eddie Alvares at lightweight. Askren is boring as **** but probably the best wrestler in MMA.

• 2 weeks later...
Â