World Cup 2026: Mexico, USA & Canada

Junxs

4Zeah.jpeg

They've finally decided that the final will be held in New Jersey at the MetLife Stadium. Semis will be in Dallas and Atlanta.

That the US is playing in LA for 2 of their group matches is hilarious considering the likelihood of getting matched against any of the other Central or South American teams. Essentially an away game for them on home soil.

If they had any sense, they would have had one of the group matches in Kansas City but I suppose it would be home advantage to play in one time zone.

1 hour ago, sne said:

4Zeah.jpeg

They've finally decided that the final will be held in New Jersey at the MetLife Stadium. Semis will be in Dallas and Atlanta.

MetLife stadium ground has a bad rep for ACL injuries, I didn’t think they’d host the final there due to this. Unless they are working to replace the turf for the World Cup, it’s got the potential to go wrong.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

That the US is playing in LA for 2 of their group matches is hilarious considering the likelihood of getting matched against any of the other Central or South American teams. Essentially an away game for them on home soil.

If they had any sense, they would have had one of the group matches in Kansas City but I suppose it would be home advantage to play in one time zone.

Usually the US cant play a team from same confederation in the group stage so narrows it down a bit

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Usually the US cant play a team from same confederation in the group stage so narrows it down a bit

Probably their only saving grace that they can't be drawn against Mexico in LA

14 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

MetLife stadium ground has a bad rep for ACL injuries, I didn’t think they’d host the final there due to this. Unless they are working to replace the turf for the World Cup, it’s got the potential to go wrong.

Shocked that they went with MetLife for the final. Had the pick of state of the art stadiums and they went with Rutherford, NJ.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Shocked that they went with MetLife for the final. Had the pick of state of the art stadiums and they went with Rutherford, NJ.

Not really, its the spiritual home of the greatest World Cup performance ever. God vs Italy in USA 94

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sne said:

So the final will be held....in a frigging swamp!?! What a god awful choice. Dallas, Atlanta and LA are miles ahead and I'd put both Miami and San fran above it as well apart from size. Worst one is Foxboro, why that even made the shortlist indicates Bob Kraft isn't only into female hookers.

And as noted above, its ACL snap heaven

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DJBOB said:

There's 4 state of the art stadiums in USA but only LA is a global city. Miss opportunity.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not really, its the spiritual home of the greatest World Cup performance ever. God vs Italy in USA 94

That was at the Giants stadium wasn't it?

Also, no semi final at the Azteca? 

This is just a US world cup with a few token games thrown like scraps to Canada and Mexico isn't it. 

F***** hate FIFA.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

There's 4 state of the art stadiums in USA but only LA is a global city. Miss opportunity.

It's pretty much New York. 20 min drive?

Just been on the Wiki page for the tournament and not only does Mexico not have the final or either semi, it also has no quarter final! All four are in the States.

It's a totally US tournament after the round of 16. Absolute load of bollocks. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why its related to the location, population or demographics of each city

lets be honest LA has the best corporate facilities as the newer stadium and I would guess there's every danger they would set up the media hub there in the NFL's building, whilst NYC has the opportunity to charge the most money

that's why mexico doesn't have a QF, it will be based around maximising revenue

UEFA wanted the final played at Wembley

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Just been on the Wiki page for the tournament and not only does Mexico not have the final or either semi, it also has no quarter final! All four are in the States.

It's a totally US tournament after the round of 16. Absolute load of bollocks. 

It's probably got more to do with logistics unfortunately.

Though they should probably have all of their ducks lined up in a row, imagine the nightmare if someone gets stuck in Mexico because of an expired passport or some other nonsense. Or if Trump is in office and decides to close the border.

Â