Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Just now, Genie said:

Does this mean Netanyahu gets arrested as soon as he leaves the country? 

He'll be ok in Russia and in the US.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does this mean Netanyahu gets arrested as soon as he leaves the country? 

Theoretically, if the ICC agrees to support the prosecution and arrest warrant, he would be at risk of arrest in any jurisdiction that has signed up to the ICC.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Norway's government is expected to announce that it recognizes Palestine as a state today. So is Spain is Slovenia and Malta 

Edit: Norwegian prime minister says the borders should be based on the pre-1967

Edited by sne

24 minutes ago, omariqy said:

terrorists gonna terrorise 

Big words from a guy who a large part of his own nation want's to go to jail.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Isn't the official US/Israel position they want a two state solution?

Or is that just rhetoric?

Israel is 1 state, the US and UK say 2 state - but only when Israel agree. So yep, 1 state in effect too. I think this is why Ireland, Norway and Spain have made this move - they can see the empty rhetoric for what it is. 

• Like 1

Surely this is a great thing? Why are the peace loving Zionist’s in uproar in the comments? This isn’t Hamas. They want peace no? Weird…

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Surely this is a great thing? Why are the peace loving Zionist’s in uproar in the comments? This isn’t Hamas. They want peace no? Weird…

You'd think! Netanyahu is a crafty bugger.

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

I'm a little bit torn about it. On the one hand, it's clearly right that Palestine be recognised as a nation. But the glitch is that currently the government of Gaza (rather than Palestine overall) is holding hostages, mounted a terrorist attack, is fighting a war with Israel's IDF, and is about an awful a government as you can get, both for the people of Gaza and for any nation. So I could see why there might be some reticence right now to hold off on recognition (though it should have been granted years ago).

34 minutes ago, blandy said:

I'm a little bit torn about it. On the one hand, it's clearly right that Palestine be recognised as a nation. But the glitch is that currently the government of Gaza (rather than Palestine overall) is holding hostages, mounted a terrorist attack, is fighting a war with Israel's IDF, and is about an awful a government as you can get, both for the people of Gaza and for any nation. So I could see why there might be some reticence right now to hold off on recognition (though it should have been granted years ago).

But this is addressed to Abbas and their ‘government’.

It’s like when people (cough Jonny Gould) got outraged at footballer holding Palestinian flags. These people don’t want Palestine to exist lets be honest.

56 minutes ago, omariqy said:

But this is addressed to Abbas and their ‘government’.

It’s like when people (cough Jonny Gould) got outraged at footballer holding Palestinian flags. These people don’t want Palestine to exist lets be honest.

You're right, it is. But politics - It's like (media question) "Prime Minister, why, when Hamas is holding women, children, elderly as hostages, raping, killing, murdering, do you feel now is the right time to recognise Palestine as a state?" and (some) politicians will answer "it isn't, I condemn those terrorists for that. Hamas is a designated terrorist organisation and as such, until they are gone from Governing half of Palestine I cannot contemplate recognising Palestine as a nation". You know and I know that for 25 years or so, it should have been done, but wasn't. But that's the situation and some politicians will be very reticent about doing it right now, until the "war" is over.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m looking forward to the next non-outrage when the still majority pro Israel-eradication Palestinian (that is pro Hamas in Gaza and WB) people get to say no to yet another peace deal because it isn’t really peace that their leaders want, just like the last 4 times.

Put Benny in jail and let’s see what sort of leverage Norway, Ireland and Spain has over the eventual peace process (read: zero). It’s symbolism at its best that just emboldens a people who want bloodshed by their very active support of the Islamic barbarians who contribute to this as much as Israel’s outer-right idiots. How did that Oslo accord work out with Norway’s best bud Arafat, who decided to turn down the peace deal as it would’ve cut his cash cow?

Instead of asking Palestinians to sort out their clear beaches of any peace plan, these three countries have paid for the product without seeing it. What’s the incentive for PA to do better if their support just grows in their worst ever year of government when you look at corruption, human rights and the state of life for their people?

Edited by magnkarl

Â