Sneakers

StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

I'm amused at the idea of collecting them.  Is this a British/European thing?   I don't know anyone over here in the states who collects them like that, but then I don't really hang around with anyone under 40 so it could be a generational thing that's also going on here without my knowledge.  Most people i know wear some form of athletic shoes (including low-rise hikers like Bicks' Merells) most of the time except when they're at work, usually with jeans or similarly casual pants, and only have one or two pair.  I've been wearing these pretty much exclusively for nearly 10 years.  I'm obviously a fashion icon.

adidas Men's Samba Classic Shoes - view number 2

I've still got my Sambas from the 80's. They have no padding, no arch support, and no room for insoles. Other than that, I love them! (But never wear them)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I'm amused at the idea of collecting them.  Is this a British/European thing?   I don't know anyone over here in the states who collects them like that, but then I don't really hang around with anyone under 40 so it could be a generational thing that's also going on here without my knowledge.  Most people i know wear some form of athletic shoes (including low-rise hikers like Bicks' Merells) most of the time except when they're at work, usually with jeans or similarly casual pants, and only have one or two pair.  I've been wearing these pretty much exclusively for nearly 10 years.  I'm obviously a fashion icon.

adidas Men's Samba Classic Shoes - view number 2

This is a football boot

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Adidas' designers are the ones on the forefront ATM. The knit style with the sock fit uppers is the big trend. Some of them are really nice, some not so much. The simpler the better works best for me. That's why I prefer New Balance lately.

Yep, I have a pair of them. But not a knit style. Just got them.

adidas-los-angeles-laces.jpg

I also love NB's. I just got these too.

mrl420ot_3_1.png

I have my eye on a few pairs but waiting for a bit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, it's not,  it's a training shoe, football boots have studs

Not if it's for indoor football or five aside.

Football shoe might be a better term.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not if it's for indoor football or five aside.

Football shoe might be a better term.

Indoor football, exactly why the training shoe was developed. Football boots with no studs for indoor training

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Indoor football, exactly why the training shoe was developed. Football boots with no studs for indoor training

Ok. I don't think that's true, but not sure of the relevance to the discussion so can't be bothered to debate it.

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok. I don't think that's true, but not sure of the relevance to the discussion so can't be bothered to debate it.

Gola Harrier 1968 I believe. Had a pair myself by about 1975, black with fluorescent flashes

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Gola Harrier 1968 I believe. Had a pair myself by about 1975, black with fluorescent flashes

Again I’m not sure why this is relevant, but trainers/sneakers weren’t invented in 1968. Neither were they invented to play football indoors. 

And even if they were, it doesn’t really make any difference to this thread. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Again I’m not sure why this is relevant, but trainers/sneakers weren’t invented in 1968. Neither were they invented to play football indoors. 

And even if they were, it doesn’t really make any difference to this thread. 

You still appear to think that trainers are sneakers, they aren't. no more than my Merrells are

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You still appear to think that trainers are sneakers, they aren't. no more than my Merrells are

I honestly don’t give a **** :) 

I've got an old pair of those black Samba Adidas trainers.  I thought the whole idea was that they were based on Franz Beckenbauer's boots but to wear casually, so I guess everyone's right.  You can't go wrong with Adidas really.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I do own a pair of these as well

c9f2e0bc288de0b6581b803e37ca5a78.jpg

I got a pair of those too....and a claret and blue pair of puma suede. Mint !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I spent the best part of 2 1/2 years trying to get hold of various pairs of Yeezy's and now I've managed to get 3 pairs in a month. 

Now I'm broke, but happy, inappropriately dressed for my age and an embarrassment to my wife and kids. I love it. 

Â