Strong City

villab0y

From the above post, I take it that conversations like the one happening on this very board where you & Terry get to tell your un-manipulated side of the story is part of the grand scheme that you refer to ?

Yes. God always works with humanity. We are His counterpart and companion and He solicits our cooperation. Paul quoted a Greek fellow when he said, "In Him we live and move and have our being." and I would add to that, "In us He lives and moves and finds His being." This is what the Marriage of the Lamb constitutes. We are One with God. In the movie Michael said, "I am divinity and humanity combined." That is what our destiny has always been. As with Adam, we were taken from His side, born of the water and the blood. When he was pierced with a spear blood and water came out. Paul says we are His body, His flesh and His bones. We are inseparable form God.

you said it is not wise to have sexual realtions with a reletive TODAY, but was it ok back then?

As I stated today it is made to be a crime and for good reason. The likelihood of birth defects is greatly increased. When the gene pool was fresh that was not a concern.

As I said before, God opens two doors and people make a decision as to which one they will walk through

This is more of a general theological question, than one about Strong City, but I don't often get the chance to talk to people who are religious, so I'd appreciate your opinionon this matter.

How, if God is all-knowing, can you claim that God "opens two doors", surely, by God's very nature, he already knows which door you will choose? To choose freely, they must have a genuine choice, at the time, but God knew beforehand which they would choose, so they could not have picked the other door?

Back to Strong City. Am I to understand that all residents have given up their roles in 'society' and that there is no monetary income ? And if so, I assume you are all totally self-sufficient in terms of resources food/water/clothing/housing? Or is there still an external income and a need for some modern comforts ? Would you describe your daily existence as one comparable to the Amish in terms of technology etc, although obviously not from a religious outlook. Sorry but I haven't yet seen the documentary.

BOF,

That's an interesting take on the 7 day theory. So some DO believe in dinosaurs AND believe in creationism ? Do those who believe in the dinosaurs believe God put them there or that man was the first creation of God ?

Dinosaurs are nothing more than reptiles, and were created with the other reptiles on the 6th day (IIRC). One thing to consider, without going into too much detail here (perhaps in another thread or email), the atmospheric conditions of the earth at it formation are not the same as today. Serious changes on a planetary and intersolar level occurred at the flood, that coinside with the 40 days of rain.

Because of the conditions before the flood, reptiles, which grow all their lives, had an environment where they could live for centuries, continuously growing. They became dinosaurs. Today, there is not enough atmospheric pressure and oxygen to allow reptile to grow such enormous sizes.

Actually I think you are incorrect but I will leave it up to you to deal with that.

Should you be interested in an answer to this you can go to this URL

http://www.cosmicfingerprints.com/audio/newevidence.htm

It is a physicist talking about the balance in the universe. I find him quite interesting until he starts talking about evolution at the end. However, there are a few links at the bottom that cover the information theory. I believe the first of them, "If You Can Read This, I Can Prove God Exists" is the most recent presentation.

I'm sorry for the sake of this discussion that I don't currently have 74 minutes free to devote to listening to this.] but I will scour, digest and disect the downloaded transcript when I have the time/inclination.

But after a quick perusal of his executive summary where it says -

Proof that DNA was designed by a mind: (1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism. (2) All codes we know the origin of are created by a conscious mind. (3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind, and language and information are proof of the existence of a Superintelligence.

To the extent that scientific reasoning can prove anything, DNA is proof of a designer.

I would say that point two would lead me to ask the question, "Do we know the origin of DNA?" If not, then you cannot use (1) and (2) to come up with (3).

'to the extent that scientific reasoning can prove anything' is actually a rather humble rider of the possible lack of veracity in the conclusion that follows : 'DNA is proof of a designer'.

I now see the origin of the F1 parable, though.

My beliefs are not quite as you pretty and powerful as some,

Jesus, a man at one with the world and new spiritual enlightenment, spread life and happiness wherever he went.

He was tortured to death publicly for over 3 days,

His friends and followers vowed spread and preach "His Word" in order that this "life" would be become more civilised.

These road to happiness and enlightenment teachings have worked and had an eternal effect on this Earth,

But the trait of "power corrupts the human mind" can not be ignored.

These religious teachings have been turned into sets of prophecies, chants and spells used by Alpha males too justify just about every set of carnal desire over the last 2000 years,

An Alpha male can take control of your ability to think freely and to love what you naturally love,

He dictates a mental picture onto you, and predetermines your thought process for you.

Your chosen Alpha leader has used his skills and abilities to create a mental and physical heaven for you. Where you feel 2000 years of life run thorugh you.

This is amazing and rare, you say you are living it, and I believe you.

But do you believe your chosen Alpha can justify, as the yanks say "owning" your

children until they are old enough to receive him.

Unfortunately this is associated with "Religious Teachers" quite often in the UK

To give a child a set of beliefs to live by is the parent’s duty, but to bring them up in your own self image is IMO wrong.

My question is does your Alpha preach God wants humans to be owned by Him or by him or not owned at all, if it’s the later then stop please stop letting him "eyeball" your children.

Some think I also recently read that disturb me this week,

Italians used to chop there children’s balls off at birth to stop there voices from breaking, terrible world.

How, if God is all-knowing, can you claim that God "opens two doors", surely, by God's very nature, he already knows which door you will choose? To choose freely, they must have a genuine choice, at the time, but God knew beforehand which they would choose, so they could not have picked the other door?

That kind of takes things into a tail-chasing debate. I think it may be be better expressed like this. Father is in love with every soul as if it were the only one in His creation. He carefully takes each person very seriously. He places choices in front of you, day after day, and lets you choose. This is what forms the character and this determines your destiny. This final crisis brings things to a completion quickly.

Yes He probably knows what you are going to choose in the end. But He works it out with you and when the lost soul finally stands before Him, He says, "Did I leave anything undone to save you?" Those who are lost at last will have nothing to accuse him of. All will be seen without any excuses or smokescreen. javascript:emoticon(':oops:')They will be naked with Him. He will be naked and so will they.

This is how fair He is. He doesn't just torch people without resolution on both sides. It really removes the idea of this angry and cruel God, don't you think?

Snowychap,

I assume that you are here and on some other fora in order to try and mollify any potential fall out from the C4 programme and that is why you all have tried to appear as laid-back, liberal and tolerant as possible.

I’m not concerned about fall out. It really doesn’t matter if the whole world thinks Michael is crazy, and that I’m a brainwashed loon for believing him. I just enjoy engaging in conversation with people who are willing to discuss the issues at hand. When it becomes clear that I am no longer welcome, I am driven to depart.

Davkaus,

How, if God is all-knowing, can you claim that God "opens two doors", surely, by God's very nature, he already knows which door you will choose?

God doesn’t know what choices we are going to make in advance, but he does have provision for each of them. This is why the issues of the great controversy between between truth and error have taken 6000 years to be worked out. When it is all said and done, the righteous will not rebel against the kingdom of God because God knows they won't, but because they are resolved not to.

BOF

Back to Strong City. Am I to understand that all residents have given up their roles in 'society' and that there is no monetary income ? And if so, I assume you are all totally self-sufficient in terms of resources food/water/clothing/housing? Or is there still an external income and a need for some modern comforts ? Would you describe your daily existence as one comparable to the Amish in terms of technology etc, although obviously not from a religious outlook. Sorry but I haven't yet seen the documentary.

Our income is based on social security payments that our older members receive. That money suffices to pay all of our bills. Our daily existence is based on whatever Father may put on a person’s heart that day. Some people do certain tasks on a regular basis. And you can download the doc from seveal bittorrent sites edited to remove specific sites

World_Domination,

To give a child a set of beliefs to live by is the parent’s duty, but to bring them up in your own self image is IMO wrong.

My question is does your Alpha preach God wants humans to be owned by Him or by him or not owned at all, if it’s the later then stop please stop letting him "eyeball" your children.

Our children have been educated to receive the image of God as their true self. This has been God’s objective since humanity lost the image of God in the garden of Eden. Those who have not wanted to do this have been free to leave. And, this “alpha” male you are describing is nothing more than the natural human ego. It is not who Jesus was, nor is it who Michael is. The ego is what man got when he lost God.

Some think I also recently read that disturb me this week,

Italians used to chop there children’s balls off at birth to stop there voices from breaking, terrible world.

You will find that question very well answered at strongcity.info

This thread is something else. As a determined atheist from the age of four, let's just say that I find it impossible to comprehend how anyone could end up living their lives dedicating themselves to something like Strong City.

Interesting to hear you views none the less, though, so I guess thank you for taking the time to try and explain.

I have a worry about the trend of some of the posts from the group members(/leader?) which seem to be very defensive. There is a lot of talk about lying, craziness, being loony, &c.

I acknowledge that, on other threads on other fora, this group has taken a lot of abuse. Though there has been a lot of skepticism on this thread and also one or two of the accusations that are also floating about elsewhere, there has also been a fair amount of tolerance, curiosity and inquiry.

I'm not sure that the best way to someone's heart and/or mind is to alway reply as though your questioner is also your accuser.

Terry,

I'm interested that on a number of occasions you have referred to evidence of the existence of God, but I'm not sure as to how you make the jump from that proof of existence of a creator or higher power to the clearly defined God figure in whom you have faith.

I've always thought of religion as mans attempt to throw humanity and the values of human morality onto those things which it cannot explain through science.

You're arguments for proving the existence of God are well presented here, but I'm not sure as to your arguments on how his definition or role are structured.

I'm not saying that any man should attempt to define God, just wondering how you go from the potential existence of a creator to drawing a fuller picture of that creator as a nurturer, teacher and moral guide.

Aren't these human values imprinted from and by man onto the unknown and unknowable?

OutByEaster,

I have to apologize here as I’m a bit of a simpleton. I’ve read your post a few times and cannot particularly define what your question is. I could attempt to answer the following, if you thought it best summed up your question, or if you would like to rephrase your last post, that would be fine also.

“I'm not saying that any man should attempt to define God, just wondering how you go from the potential existence of a creator to drawing a fuller picture of that creator as a nurturer, teacher and moral guide.”

Our income is based on social security payments that our older members receive. That money suffices to pay all of our bills.

So without these socail security payments your bills would be unpaid. Youe are willing and keen to condemn the cult outside of your group to the damnation of their choice whilst being willing to accept their money to fund you in your belief.

I would put it to you that this shows a great deal of decency and tolerance in those whom you would otherwise malign.

I'm not great at this I'm afraid Terry, I don't often get the opportunity to ask questions of people in your situation.

I guess it's this, you can argue that the existence of language proves the existence of God, that dna is too good to be accidental and these arguments are logical and thought out, they make some sort of sense to me.

But I don't get how we go from proving the existence of an intelligence that designs things to deciding that this presence is fundamentally focused on a morality, that it is against sin, or even that it has a concept of sin.

It seems we have found something more powerful than us, and related it to the other thing that once made us feel this way, our own fathers, and as such we have given God our version of the morality of a perfect father figure.

I'm sure you won't see it that way, so I'm wondering how you are sure of your definition of what God is and wants.