Strong City

villab0y

All quotes are from OutByEaster

Terry,

These questions are impertinent and personal. If you don't want to answer them, please feel free not to. Do you believe your wife still loves you?

She would say she does. The actions which come from sentimentalism and and the actions which flow out of the heart of love are worlds apart.

Do you think she might one day be welcomed back into the fold?

She is welcomed back now.

When she left and you were forced into a choice between the path you have chosen and all that was left behind, was there doubt?

None.

If you were to leave strong city would your wife welcome your return?

In an instant, unless something has changed. All I would have to do is give up the desire to follow my God and my conscience.

I wrote a song which tells my story a little. It can be heard at this link

Welcome, Hanifa. I wondered how long it would be before some others from the fold started joining.

Of course. When I hear the Voice of God, whatever vessel it comes out of, I listen. When I hear the voice of an adversary, whatever vessel it comes out of, I don't.

I believe in my heavenly Father and am not interested in bantering for the sake of bantering

I'm not sure that's the spirit of debate and I think that the spirit of VillaTalk is about bantering.

Is there any greater miracle than for a 66 year old man being asked for intimacy by young women when the 66 year old man never intimated that or thought of it?

Quality! :lol:

I'm not sure that needs any more of a response.

and I simply asked you if you were open to the possibility that you had been lied to

The lie concept was also what I was addressing.

you were addressing whether you believed you had been lied to not whether you were open to the possibility

He that will not reason is a bigot, he that cannot reason is a fool , he that dares not reason is a slave

“He that reasons with a true and honest heart could not help but acknowledge that there is a God. He that cannot do this, cannot reason."

He that will not reason is a bigot, he that cannot reason is a fool , he that dares not reason is a slave.

I gave you my reason. I wanted to be God-possessed. That is reason enough.

Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one.

The human self-life is narcissist. The Life of God is selfless and always at peace. I had the one and now I have the other. There is no comparing the two, except to say that they are as far from each other as the east is from the west.

From snowychap: you were addressing whether you believed you had been lied to not whether you were open to the possibility

I was addressing the suggestion that Micahel is a liar and that I am being lied to.

Again. Sorry to labour this but I was comparing a situation where some poor unfortunates were conned into believing that a seemingly decent man would not lie to them and they had been deceived by him to a situation where these same people were accepting with absolute faith and certainty what another seemingly decent man was telling them.

It might seem that this group of people might admit that they don't have a great track record in the spotting deceit category and that they should be at least open to the possibility that it might happen again?

Welcome, Hanifa. I wondered how long it would be before some others from the fold started joining.......

Appreciate your welcome, snowychap. We'll see how long it lasts under the scrutiny of such lively debaters as yourself. :-)

I think that the spirit of VillaTalk is about bantering.

Debate and banter are only avenues of communicating what spirit a soul is of. Useless debate is to continue to communicate long after those involved have made evident which spirit they hold to.

Debate and banter are only avenues of communicating what spirit a soul is of. Useless debate is to continue to communicate long after those involved have made evident which spirit they hold to.

I would like some clarification of your above point, please.

What is your meaning when you speak of 'what spirit a soul is of' ?

Every human being is only a vessel, a container, yielded to one of two spirits. There is God (THE God) and there is His adversary. A person('s spirit) is known by the fruits they manifest.

Every human being is only a vessel, a container, yielded to one of two spirits. There is God (THE God) and there is His adversary.

So it is either or?

Before you yielded to Christ, were you not the container for the adversary, then?

You would hold that you (and Terry) are yielded to god.

I would say that this is certainly not evident and that is why I continue the debate.

A person('s spirit) is known by the fruits they manifest.

Manifest in deed or in word?

Welcome, Hanifa. I wondered how long it would be before some others from the fold started joining.

I just saw this thread this evening, and was drawn to drop by too. I moved to Strongcity from the Philadelphia area in 2003. Interesting movie. Too bad they scrapped my interview.

what is the soul?

The soul is the seat of self-consciousness. It's functions are the will, intellect, and emtions.

So it is either or?

Before you yielded to Christ, were you not the container for the adversary, then?

I was, no matter that I perceived myself as a "good" person.

You would hold that you (and Terry) are yielded to god.

I would say that this is certainly not evident and that is why I continue the debate.

I told you. I gave up my life in exchange for God's Life many years ago. What "evidence" would ever convince you? God gets to do what He wants with me whether I get to be the bathroom cleaner or Messiah.

Manifest \Man"i*fest\

L. manifestus, lit., struck by the hand, hence, palpable; manus hand + fendere (in comp.) to strike

Evident to the senses, esp. to the sight; apparent; distinctly perceived; hence, obvious to the understanding; apparent to the mind; easily apprehensible; plain; not obscure or hidden

Open; clear; apparent; evident; visible; conspicuous; plain; obvious

what is manifest is very distinctly evident

To show plainly; to make to appear distinctly, -- usually to the mind; to put beyond question or doubt; to display; to exhibit

clearly apparent or obvious to the mind or senses

provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes

reveal its presence or make an appearance

what is the soul?

The soul is the seat of self-consciousness. It's functions are the will, intellect, and emtions.

Aha, 'tis Fortitude is it not? Hello.

Would intellect not suggest a reasonably high level of reasoned thought on a subject and perhaps a dialectical approach to discovering truth rather than a Kirkegaardian leap of faith?

God gets to do what He wants with me

You are god's plaything, then?

Are we all in some giant game of chess in your opinion (perhaps played by god and an adversary over a port and a cuban?)

Manifest \Man"i*fest\

L. manifestus, lit., .........etc.

Aha, 'tis Fortitude is it not?

Yes. 'Tis me. Have we met?

Would intellect not suggest a reasonably high level of reasoned thought on a subject and perhaps a dialectical approach to discovering truth rather than a Kirkegaardian leap of faith?

In relationship to what? And who says that truth can be discovered dialectically? Show me someone who has done this.

You are god's plaything, then?[ Are we all in some giant game of chess in your opinion (perhaps played by god and an adversary over a port and a cuban?)

Everyone is yielded to a spirit. EVERYONE. You are a "plaything" of One or the other, although that is a pretty shallow way of putting it. You can see it as a game but it is actually more like a courtroom trial.

Your life is a testimony for or against the character of God. You are, with your choices and your life, proclaiming that God is Love or He is not.

Yes. 'Tis me. Have we met?

No we've not met but I have happened upon your postings amongst others whilst googling your group.

In relationship to what? And who says that truth can be discovered dialectically? Show me someone who has done this.

I was advocating that this would be the sort of approach suggested by use of the word intellect.

I infer from your opposition to a dialectic approach that you opine that truth can only either be known or told by god?

I am of the opinion that there are no absolutes or truths and so I cannot show you someone who has arrived at the truth by this method. There are, though, many who have arrived at the most likely, plausible and supportable opinion by use of this method.

You are a "plaything" of One or the other, although that is a pretty shallow way of putting it. You can see it as a game but it is actually more like a courtroom trial.

Your life is a testimony for or against the character of God. You are, with your choices and your life, proclaiming that God is Love or He is not.

I tell you what - god must be getting a bit desperate if he's calling me as a character witness. :lol:

Are you saying that human existence (i.e. the conglomeration of my life and the life of everyone else) is about judging god's character?? That's a novel and quite entertaining idea. Is it possible that he might lose?

I tell you what - god must be getting a bit desperate if he's calling me as a character witness.

You are in it, boy. You were "called" by virtue of the fact that you were born.

Are you saying that human existence (i.e. the conglomeration of my life and the life of everyone else) is about judging god's character??

It is.

Your judgment of Him is made in every moment, in every detail of your life.

That's a novel and quite entertaining idea. Is it possible that he might lose?

I actually found it pretty sobering when I first realized this truth.

No, God will not lose for He has already won but what a pity for the souls who do not enjoy His victory because they refused to testify in His behalf. Another sobering thought is that the testimony you give in this great controversy is the very same that will either justify or condemn you with your own words.

snowychap, I don't get from you that you are truly interested in the things of God. I have no objection to answering honest questions from those who genuinely want to know but I get the feeling that you moreso just want to argue.

Am I correct in my assumption?