The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

5 minute checks for armpit offsides but not this 

His hand is away from his body in an unnatural position or outside of the silhouette of his body or whatever way they want to rule it now

That's handball

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

5 minute checks for armpit offsides but not this 

Is it a push in the back, right at the beginning of the clip?

Edited by fruitvilla

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No VAR check, of course. Jota could have really injured Konsa.

Slow-mo-of-foul-on-Konsa-Imgur

They did check it, the question is "how did they not see the foul?" and the answer is "because the didn't want to".

25 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ok, he got a touch on the ball, but surely flying through the air studs first at two players falls under the umbrella of "reckless"

He's got an outstretched boot to flick the ball - which he does - then immediately pulls away and just falls into Konsa.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's got an outstretched boot to flick the ball - which he does - then immediately pulls away and just falls into Konsa.

Well, you're seeing it differently to me then.

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't Mings do similar to Saka?

Got a yellow.

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s a good yard or two offside and is active the entire time. Good point. Another disgraceful decision. 

they will say that he wasnt

he's 2 yards out in the centre of the goal but he's not active...

Not sure if you can call Mane offside there, but the more times I see it the clearer Jota’s foul on Konsa becomes for me. I wasn’t too sure initially, but it’s definitely a foul. Now, I don’t think it’s intentional in any way, just unlucky/clumsy, but it’s still a foul, and a foul that prevents the defender from defending his goal. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, May-Z said:

Didn't Mings do similar to Saka?

Got a yellow.

The Mings incident was nowhere near as bad as this, and it wasn't even a foul. He got the ball in open space and then Saka got in his way afterwards. Here, Jota flew directly towards two players with his studs up and no way to avoid them both.

But however you look at it, it just goes to show how totally inconsistent it all is.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

But however you look at it, it just goes to show how totally inconsistent it all is.

Which again shows how pointless VAR is. Some inconsistency you can live with, it’s part of the game. But if we’re going to use technology to examine situations frame by frame, and accept how that affects the flow and intensity of the game, you’d at least expect there to be a lot less inconsistency. But there isn’t. It’s arguably worse than ever. 

And I’m not even 100 per cent against VAR. It works okay elsewhere. It does seem to make crap referees even worse, though, and English refs are currently very crap indeed. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

they will say that he wasnt

he's 2 yards out in the centre of the goal but he's not active...

When the ball is played to him  Martinez is ahead of Mane and its only Mings back

Â