Home Nations Tournament

villab0y

Yes  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• YES
    • Not Bothered
    • No

Would you lke to see the home nations fight it out next year as we won't be watching the Euros...

I think it'd be a good idea to be honest, it'll give the new manager some proper practice at a competitive tournament before the world cup.

Yes please.

As long as the fans can behave themselves, it would be nice to get the old England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Irish tournament going again.

Highly competitive and even though we'd finish bottom, it would be a guarantee sell out for every home game for each team.

Its just if the behaviour of the fans can be trusted.

Crikey No.

It'll do the players good to have the time off, both in terms of resting up, and in terms of reflecting on their ineptitude.

Summer is for Cricket.

It would be the equivalent of an international inter-toto cup.

We used to have home international tournaments. I think they should be brought back but not as suggested. Instead I believe there should be a league and instead of the pointless friendly games international teams play they should instead play those fixtures against home nations teams with each team playing home and away aginst another over a two year period. Would be great.

No one old enough to remember when thousands and thousands of Jocks used to start arriving roaring drunk in London around Thursday tea-time and laying the centre waste? No one remember when Rangers played a friendly at Villa Park. For football reasons yes, great. In the public interest a resounding NO.

The Big 3 (Seeings as the Arse don't do the English thing) will almost certainly ensure that their players are not fit enough for any tournament so that they're fresh for the money spinning pre season jaunt to the Far East.

Any HN tournament would just emphasise that we weren't good enough to qualify for the real tournament. Would rather take the summer off and start again in September.

Summer is for Cricket!

Exactly the **** reason we need to have a footy tournament so we don't have to watch that shit!

I'd love to see it. I think it will be billed as a friendly tournament and I'd hope it was played that way to preserve injuries. It won't given the rivalries, but hey, I can dream.

If this does go ahead, I'd be interested to see if the ROI are included. Anyone know of any plans for this? Being half Irish I'd like to see it, but knowing what happened the last tim Ireland played England in a friendly (I think it was the last time) it might not be that good of an idea

Conservative estimates projects England failure to qualify costing the economy £2billion.

If we can just provide some form of competitive football we might be able to recover some of that.

This, combined with Northern Rock and the HMRC thing could damage our economy massively.

I think this home nations thing has to go ahead, more for politics than for football.

Â