January transfer window 2018

Jareth

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Most loan deals are only likely at the end of the window as Bruce and Wyness have repeatedly said - most teams will wait to see what other bids they get for players or injuries before letting players go on loan .

Yes I appriecate it goes down to the last day. I still think we could sign Swansea lad. 

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry Dem, not for me.

We just got rid of Kozak who imo is of equal standard.

I think theres a reason Newcastle are trying to offload him.

I don't rate Mitrovic either, but the comparison with Kozak, for me, is askew. Kozak was a level above in terms of potential at least. A smarter player, had more heart, a stronger work ethic and was better at bringing others into a game.

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

A couple of new links. Can’t say I know much of either!

First story is nonsense as we have no money to spend and Aberdeen adamant that he will not be leaving in this window.

Second story, Unless we sign McGoldrick on loan then can't see this happening either tbh.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

First story is nonsense as we have no money to spend and Aberdeen adamant that he will not be leaving in this window.

Second story, Unless we sign McGoldrick on loan then can't see this happening either tbh.

The might Aston Villa can't even whip up 500k? What a sad state of affairs. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The might Aston Villa can't even whip up 500k? What a sad state of affairs. 

We could but I wouldn't waste the funds on a striker who might be deemed surplus come 6 months. 

Plus we have been told it is only loans so cannot see it happening.

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

How come? Does he have ties here? 

He strikes me a Bruce player. Hardworking team player, not exactly prolific but gives 100%. He'd lead the line well here. Plus I think Bruce has managed him before 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Is there something I’m missing? We have money but can’t spend it because of FFP right?

How come we seem to be the only team in the UK playing by the FPP regulations? 

• Like 1