NBA

maqroll

Commiserations to our Cleveland fans on here - you still have 2016 which was a great series.

I think LeBron goes to Philly next and will continue to dominate the East. Part of me would like to see a Kawhi, Paul George and LeBron super team but that would likely see them end up in LA which would also make me a bit sick.

Edited by RunRickyRun

Is Philly really the right move? LeBron is going to take the ball out of Simmons hands and hinder his development. I can see Boston, Houston or the Lakers happening.

On 14/06/2018 at 00:18, Hornso said:

Is Philly really the right move? LeBron is going to take the ball out of Simmons hands and hinder his development. I can see Boston, Houston or the Lakers happening.

No way would he play with Kyrie again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LBJ to LA then, not that I'm even remotely interested.

I am a Chicago fan from the Jordan era, basketball has been a huge part of my life.

My interest in watching the NBA is minimal right now, I watch one or two games per season.

I spend more time researching player routines.

I would be interested to watch Detail with Kobe. A breakdown analysis from one of the greats would be invaluable.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sky Sports announce huge deal to broadcast the NBA starting on Wednesday

Sky Sports announce huge deal to broadcast the NBA starting on Wednesday

Huge news for basketball fans.

Previously, viewers could only tune in to the NBA with an eirSport/BT Sport package. Now, the world's biggest basketball league has announced its first ever partnership with Sky Sports.

The four-year deal boasts the most extensive coverage of the NBA ever seen in Ireland/UK, and will feature more than 170 live games and a record number of live weekend primetime games starting from 8.30pm Irish time.

According to Sky Sports: "The new season is just hours away, tipping off on Wednesday morning with a star-stubbed double-header headlined by the defending champions Golden State Warriors and their superstar Steph Curry beginning their defence of the title at home to Oklahoma City Thunder.

"Prior to that game, the season and Sky Sportscoverage begins at 1am with the Philadelphia 76ers visiting the Boston Celtics - the culmination of a blockbuster start to the season that will feature 48 hours of continuous NBA action on a special Sky Sports Arena takeover."

There are plenty of talking points ahead of the new NBA season, including LeBron James' first ever season with the LA Lakers.

The partnership will also see live games and highlights of the WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association) starting with the 2019 season that tips off in May.

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Noice.

Puts an end to late night streams.

I doubt it.  At my age late night streams are becoming more and more common.

Boston v Philly is a great opener but I'm still off kilter from watching the Pats v Chiefs game , so I'll just watch the 10 minute youtube highlights tomorrow . I'll definitely be watching more whole games this season though , especially weekend games . 

Westbrook is out for Thunder against GSW  tonight so that should be a blowout. 

On 17/10/2018 at 15:30, villa89 said:

The NBA regular season is a snoozefest. Wake me up when the playoffs start.

Far too many games really so each individual game doesn't seem that important . 

I think that's why I prefer the 9 minute highlight videos on youtube the next day. I just want to see the best plays by the best players.

Watching your own team's  games in full 82 times seems like a tedious slog. I'd rather watch 5 minutes of LeBron than 48 minutes of the Bulls.

Â