England v Slovenia Lithuania v England

andykeenan

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't get me wrong from what I have seen of Sweden they have very impressive but France have so many highly rated players they should be a lot better and I cant see them getting past the quarters in the world cup. 

It's France so there is always a big chance they find as way to implode during the tournament thanks to personal and attitude problems within the squad.

But on paper their starting 11 (and squad) when everyone is fit should be right up there with the best.

They probably won't be thou :)

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 07:05, VillaChris said:

If France were in England's group they would've won minimum 9 games (probably would've drawn 0-0 at home to Malta).

England would struggle to finish above this Sweden. Probably would struggle to win in Holland aswell.

England won 8 games out of 10 and lost none. The football might have been shite, but not many teams go through qualifying unbeaten. When it comes down to it, they did all that they needed to.

3 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

England won 8 games out of 10 and lost none. The football might have been shite, but not many teams go through qualifying unbeaten. When it comes down to it, they did all that they needed to.

I've said before, but England are in that horrible limbo.

Really good at qualifying, meaning there is no excitement int he qualifying campaign.
But absolutely rubbish at tournaments meaning there is no excitement there either.

I'd rather England were worse to be honest. I have much more fun following Ireland through the qualifiers than I do England.

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Lets see how France perform in the world cup. They were outclassed by Spain recently. I don't think they are as good as you make out. 

i dont think they're as good as they could be, on paper their squad is very good

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd rather England were worse to be honest. I have much more fun following Ireland through the qualifiers than I do England.

Yeah, I'll be following Ireland & NZ if they make it through to the WC. Pretty much washed my hands of England after 2010!

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

France are crippled by poor management

I always enjoy a good French implosion. If not management then half the squad hating the other half!

Â