England v Slovenia Lithuania v England

andykeenan

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

The game didnt win wasnt that harry kane late equaliser? Keep that out and they have 2nd wrapped up :o

Yeah few people have mentioned that but you have to remember they were losing with 87 minutes played. It was just a weird ending to the game.

Scotland also won a lot of points in last minute so it balances out.

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Munch like in the CL there is next to no jeopardy in WC qualifying any more.

Just a string of meaningless games against forgettable opposition played out in front of sparse crowds at Wembley made up of people with more money than sense.

International football is utterly shit. We are shit but sadly not shit enough to throw in a little jeopardy.

Remember Beckham spanking in that free kick against Greece? These games used to have an edge, they used to be almost events in themselves.

These days they are almost meaningless.

That's only if you watch England.

Ask a Welsh or Northern Ireland fan if international football is boring.

These groups are hardly formalities (the euros were which is maybe what you mean Trent), Italy are in the play offs and likely to go to the last game for France and Portugal to qualify.

Have a look at the South American standings aswell.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree re Wembley, but they're never going to change it . . . they're desperately trying to make it economically viable. 

I thought they were close to paying off the cost by now.

They should certainly be taking the friendlies around the country.

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's too easy to qualify these days and rarely do England get drawn against another bid country. What made the 2002 WCQ campaign so exciting is that you had top quality country in Germany in the same group and in those days second place would only get you into the playoffs. It's a shit waste of time these days.

England always seem to get drawn in boring groups with half of the eastern block. Pretty sure they got Poland four groups running although ironically they've stopped drawing them now Poland are a very decent team. Slovakia and Lithuania are other teams they always seem to endlessly draw

When you look at the other groups France as top seeds got Holland and Sweden and Spain got Italy in their group. Croatia got Ukraine, Iceland and Turkey in their pool.

Based on what I've seen in this qualification England would struggle to win any of those three groups.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That's only if you watch England.

Ask a Welsh or Northern Ireland fan if international football is boring.

These groups are hardly formalities (the euros were which is maybe what you mean Trent), Italy are in the play offs and likely to go to the last game for France and Portugal to qualify.

Have a look at the South American standings aswell.

I’ve no interest in England let alone other countries,l.

Watched the first half last night. Simultaneously wanted to scoop my eyeballs out and kick the TV to pieces. What a shower of shit. 

Southgate - nice bloke, great defender for us but an abortion as a manager. Only got the job as he is an arse licker yes man. 

The sooner England players learn some skills rather than just trying to beef up so they look good in a tight top is the day we start to improve. 

Bunch of overrated overpaid cockgoblins.

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Are they? I really didn't think they were, but a quick Google doesn't turn anything up. 

I read it somewhere a while ago the FA apparently were close to breaking even on Wembley so there wasn't the need to play every single England game at Wembley anymore.

Knowing the FA though they've probably lost a shed load on the Mark Sampson/Aluko stuff paying them off.

It would be better if some friendlies and low key qualifiers could be moved around the country. Thought it worked well when they did it while Wembley was being rebuilt.

The current England squad is abysmal, I mean really really lacking quality. It’s by far the worst I’ve seen since the early 90’s. 

The lack of English players in the top flight is starting to really bite into the quality of the national team.

We really are a second rate international side now.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The current England squad is abysmal, I mean really really lacking quality. It’s by far the worst I’ve seen since the early 90’s. 

The lack of English players in the top flight is starting to really bite into the quality of the national team.

We really are a second rate international side now.

The youth teams did well but I read a stat that they don't even play half as much first team football as the Spanish under 21s.  I think that's a big problem.  

Got to respect Clive Tyldsley, I'm not his biggest fan but to keep commentating as if England are worth giving a shit about is admirable.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Got to respect Clive Tyldsley, I'm not his biggest fan but to keep commentating as if England are worth giving a shit about is admirable.

Or deluded. 

Â