England v Slovenia Lithuania v England

andykeenan

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 23:38, VillaChris said:

Winks is only at the start of his career but think back to the mid to late 90s and there were some really good midfielders and strikers who played 50-100 prem games before they got a call up/cap.

Dion Dublin was a regular 20 goal a season striker but he only got a call up in his late 90s when he moved to us.

Has Winks even played 5 full games for Spurs in the league yet. Central midfield is a really wasteland for the national team.

If you go back even further and go back to our title and European cup winning team. outstanding footballers like Mortimer, Cowans, Shaw never got a look in. It is so much harder for young English players to get game time now so you are going to get players called up with very little experience. 

Watching Henderson play is a cure for insomnia.

I used to rate him as a youngster, he had a bit of everything, and could go from one box to the other...but surely I am not the only one that can see the guy's main asset ( energy) has gone?

The bloke cannot **** run anymore and he isn't exactly Pirlo with his passing ability. 9 times out of 10 a forward pass is the oppositions ball( but luckily it takes him 2 years to accumulate 10 forward passes)

Utter dogshit just like every game under Southgate. Slow, boring, obvious, no energy, no urgency, no edge.

Players just racking up pass completion and trotting backwards to again get another easy pass under their belt.

I would rather play hoofball, high tempo , dinosaur football than this shite.

Â