Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

This should be interesting 

Former Fox News host, Tucker Carlson, says he will "soon" interview Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow.

In a video posted on X, formerly Twitter, Carlson said he wanted to do the interview because "Americans have a right to know all they can about a war they are implicated in".

It would be Mr Putin's first one-on-one interview with a Western journalist since he launched his full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.

The Kremlin has not yet commented.

The 54-year-old's visit to Moscow has been reported on voraciously in Russian state media, with near-constant coverage of his every move.

link

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Do you think Kremlin let Tucker know the questions before hand or does he find out the questions on the day? 

I used the word interesting very loosely, it’s going to be a bit mental. 

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I used the word interesting very loosely, it’s going to be a bit mental. 

I'm mixed. See, I love to hear all sides. Even the wrong ones. I think an interview with Stalin or Hitler would be a great historical piece. 

But this is just going to be a propaganda BS hour of nothing. 

It is literally James Franco in "The Interview". 

What a funny world we live in. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

But this is just going to be a propaganda BS hour of nothing.

Thats exactly where I am at too, it’ll be a true piece of fiction, and anything remotely looking like weakness from Putin or Russia will be edited out.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thats exactly where I am at too, it’ll be a true piece of fiction, and anything remotely looking like weakness from Putin or Russia will be edited out.

I wonder if they go all in and present some sort of a peace treaty that was declined by Ukraine/West early in the conflict. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder if they go all in and present some sort of a peace treaty that was declined by Ukraine/West early in the conflict. 

Oh for sure. It will be framed that Biden is a warmonger and The US should pull out to save their buddies in Russia from the evils of Ukraine. Trump will be the man to save the day. 

• Like 1

“The war is only still going because Ukraine refuse to concede defeat and let us keep the stolen land. If Ukraine give up then the war ends immediately. Ukraine, and their backers are the bad guys here”.

Carlson has migrated from right wing mental word removed into flirting with Alex Jones style truly evil elites and demonic aliens (as in literally aliens who are psychic demons from Satan) talking points since being binned by Fox, so don't be shocked if he starts praising Putin as the second coming of Jesus and sucking his toes during the interview.

Edited by Chindie

If it wasn’t so serious it would be funny

Russia's election commission has rejected anti-war challenger Boris Nadezhdin as a candidate in next month's presidential vote.

Mr Nadezhdin has been relatively critical of Vladimir Putin's full-scale war in Ukraine and few dissenting voices have been tolerated in Russia.

He had tried to challenge claims by the election commission that more than 15% of the signatures he submitted with his application were flawed.

But the commission rejected his bid.

Refusing to give up, Mr Nadezhdin said on social media that he would challenge the decision in Russia's Supreme Court.

"I collected more than 200,000 signatures across Russia. We conducted the collection openly and honestly."

The Central Election Commission said that more than 9,000 signatures submitted by Mr Nadezhdin were invalid.

That left 95,587 names, meaning he was just short of the 100,000 required signatures to register as a candidate, commission member Andrei Shutov said.

Russia's presidential election is due to take place from 15-17 March, although the result is not in doubt as only candidates approved by the Kremlin are running.

link

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Tucker is probably more useful to Putin as a stupid, partisan, Trump loving Democrat hater than he would be if he was a genuine fully paid up double agent. If he was on the pay, he would be far more subtle.

George Galloway disagrees

Anyone listen to the interview yet? I am 30 mins in (it's available on Spotify so easy to listen to on the move).

So far it's a history essay from Putin. I would give the essay a C- at the 6th form level. Lot's of info, much irrelevant, much missed out, it's a speech to pro-Putin Russians more than anything. 

But then, what did we expect. 

Let's see what the other 90 mins are like! 

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Anyone listen to the interview yet? I am 30 mins in (it's available on Spotify so easy to listen to on the move).

So far it's a history essay from Putin. I would give the essay a C- at the 6th form level. Lot's of info, much irrelevant, much missed out, it's a speech to pro-Putin Russians more than anything. 

But then, what did we expect. 

Let's see what the other 90 mins are like! 

Fair play for giving it a go. I read a summary of it and it seemed like a waste of time.

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

I see Putin blames Boris Johnson for scuppering a negotiated agreement over Ukraine.

This has been a talking point a while back already. 

I just love Putin's arguments. Ukraine is a false state.

What about Kaliningrad and Karelia Putin? Or anything East of the Volga and south of the Don.

It's like he chooses which time his arguments work and totally neglects the times after the times where newly acquired territory suddenly is 100% Russian. No one can use Putin's arguments against him, because he says so! Nursery-argumentation.

Tucker might as well have just given Putin the mic and left the room, he didn't even ask one question that wasn't licking Putin's boots. Jesus.

Edited by magnkarl

Â