Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well quite obviously I think that because you said it in your post

Maybe if you actually said things that were your opinion rather than things that are not your opinion we'd know what you know

🥱 Where's that lgnore button?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

‘The Kremlin is lying’: Hackers build tool to let anyone text Russian citizens about the war in Ukraine

'Dear Russians, your media is being censored. The Kremlin is lying.'

Hackers have created an online tool that lets users auto-text message random Russian phone numbers with information about the war in Ukraine.

Created by the hacking group known as Squad303, the tool, hosted at the domain 1920.in, loads a pre-written statement into a user’s native SMS app that attempts to inform Russians about the ongoing conflict.

“Dear Russians, your media is being censored. The Kremlin is lying,” the statement reads. “Find out the truth about Ukraine on the free internet and in the Telegram app. Time to overthrow dictator Putin!”

dailydot.com

• Like 1

Just wondering after todays game and with Yarmolenko scoring against us, I know that Usyk and Loma have gone over to fight in the war but have any footballers? 

Also would there be any reasons that would make it more difficult for him to go, given the nature of boxing and training camps etc I'm guessing that it is easier for them to up sticks and get back over there, where would footballers stand contractually if they said that they were going to take up arms?

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I saw an interview with a senior Lithuanian politician earlier.  I got the distinct impression that they're ready and confident if Russia invades. 

They're probably teeming with modern weapons now and probably getting continual training from Nato armies. Probably developing all sorts of defences and traps. 

If Russia tries another invasion of a nearby state I think their already beleaguered armed forces are going to be stretched thinner and encounter modern well trained, dug in armies everywhere they turn. 

You'd think the last few weeks might have taught them some humility, but - with the obvious caveat of it not ending in a nuclear holocaust -  I'd **** love to see them push their luck elsewhere and get **** bitch slapped.

I'd be interested to know where "the line" is with NATO states. Given we've tried so hard not to get involved with the unprovoked invasion of another state, and we've looked the other way when they murder people and unleash chemical weapons on our soil, and done **** all while commercial jets are shot out of the air, I assume Russia are confident they can get away with anything they want short of invading a NATO country. I'm not even confident about that. 

24 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Just wondering after todays game and with Yarmolenko scoring against us, I know that Usyk and Loma have gone over to fight in the war but have any footballers? 

Also would there be any reasons that would make it more difficult for him to go, given the nature of boxing and training camps etc I'm guessing that it is easier for them to up sticks and get back over there, where would footballers stand contractually if they said that they were going to take up arms?

Prem footballers are different breed, I will be shocked if he gives it up to go and fight.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

You'd think the last few weeks might have taught them some humility, but - with the obvious caveat of it not ending in a nuclear holocaust -  I'd **** love to see them push their luck elsewhere and get **** bitch slapped.

I'd be interested to know where "the line" is with NATO states. Given we've tried so hard not to get involved with the unprovoked invasion of another state, and we've looked the other way when they murder people and unleash chemical weapons on our soil, and done **** all while commercial jets are shot out of the air, I assume Russia are confident they can get away with anything they want short of invading a NATO country. I'm not even confident about that. 

The line is the border of a Nato country. It's that simple. 

Tiny hints of “something” positive

Hints of progress at talks?

Hugo Bachega

BBC News, Lviv

Are Russians and Ukrainians making progress in their talks about the war? We’ve been given some indications that maybe they are.

“I think that we’ll achieve some results literally in a matter of days,” Mykhailo Podolyak, a Ukrainian negotiator and adviser to President Volodymir Zelensky, said.

He cautioned, however, that Ukraine would not “concede in principle on any positions”. 

“Russia now understands this. Russia is already beginning to talk constructively,” he added.

From Russia, Leonid Slutsky was quoted as saying: “According to my personal expectations, this progress may grow in the coming days into a joint position of both delegations, into documents for signing.”

The comments are a bit encrypted, and this can be seen as a sign of how difficult these negotiations are. And there was no detail on what exactly they’re talking about. Ceasefire? End of the war? And what exactly are their demands at the negotiation table?

Both sides have already held three rounds of talks in Belarus, which focused mainly on humanitarian issues. 

It’s day 18 of the war. Thousands of civilians are in desperate need of aid. Dozens are still dying every day. A deal to end all of this couldn’t come soon enough.

BBC

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

A former professional hockey player Dimitri Kristich has joined the fight against Russia. Not seen any football players joining.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sky were reporting positive vibes from both sides too. 

Russia getting worried I think. 

I wonder if Russia will settle for Ukraine not joining NATO, not making any nukes and getting rid of its Nazi’s?

Obviously 2 out of those 3 are easy to agree to.

Could Putin then sell it as a victory to Russians?

35 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm sure that with the amount of money involved, PL football contracts are pretty watertight both ways, any t's crossed and every i dotted. I guess he'd have to negotiate a termination of his contract, and the club would have to agree to it. Force Majeure doesn't seem to apply in this case. He wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Figuratively speaking at this time, of course.

I'm pretty sure that if you return home to participate in an armed conflict, actively fighting in defence of your homeland, your contractual situation at work is not going to affect your thinking one bit. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if Russia will settle for Ukraine not joining NATO, not making any nukes and getting rid of its Nazi’s?

Obviously 2 out of those 3 are easy to agree to.

Could Putin then sell it as a victory to Russians?

Need to tell them Russians in the negotiations all the Nazis are dead.

Interesting new request for Software companies to withdraw support in Russia.

Difficult to only target industry and the Russian machine (Not the general population).  If they can, do it.

Don't turn it off,  upgrade it and open all the ports.  (Force reboots in the middle of the night also).

Â