Viewing / Buying a house

Don_Simon

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Had confirmation that contracts have been exchanged today, woo hoo. I phoned the Mrs and she said 'i thought it was ours anyway' no idea of the importance of contracts 🤣

Being a first time buyer I'm still stressed something could go wrong. 

Congrats pal. 

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Any of you guys who finish moving and want someone to take a few boxes off your hands, let me know 😇

Fingers crossed I'll have a quote a few after I move next weekend that you'd be welcome to. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Fingers crossed I'll have a quote a few after I move next weekend that you'd be welcome to. 

Cheers, hope you don't live in Scotland :)

Just ‘Sold’ ours again for the 2nd time in 12 months, but can’t find an upgrade that works for us and it’s proper slim pickings. I  absolutely hate the whole thing. Dealing with agents, having to speak to other people, going round looking at houses - it’s all proper shite. 

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Cheers, hope you don't live in Scotland :)

I'm going a bit further north, but not quite Scotland. I'm moving to Norton Canes in Cannock. 

Reading the last few pages and nodding at all the comments about the hassle of moving and the whole ponzi nature of ever increasing house prices, it makes me feel like just getting out of the whole game. In 2020, in a lockdown, house prices went up more than normal. Madness. 

I must admit the thought of selling up, paying the mortgage off and then buying a narrowboat to live on does appeal to me more and more. Must have watched a hundred hours of narrowboating blogs over the last year or so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Where you moving to @rjw63? I thought you were a few years off rural Wales yet?

Yeah, as the mother in law refuses to shuffle off the mortal coil at 88, we will be reasonably local.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reading the last few pages and nodding at all the comments about the hassle of moving and the whole ponzi nature of ever increasing house prices, it makes me feel like just getting out of the whole game. In 2020, in a lockdown, house prices went up more than normal. Madness. 

I must admit the thought of selling up, paying the mortgage off and then buying a narrowboat to live on does appeal to me more and more. Must have watched a hundred hours of narrowboating blogs over the last year or so. 

I don’t even really want to move tbh. I know we have to really, but I am 40 and looking at taking a new mortgage that’s going to end up being roughly 3x what I pay now, over the next 25 years. 

We’ve only been ‘ok’ for money in the past 3/4 years and now my disposable income is about to get wiped out again. 

Edited by wazzap24

17 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I don’t even really want to move tbh. I know we have to really, but I am 40 and looking at taking a new mortgage that’s going to end up being roughly 3x what I pay now, over the next 25 years. 

We’ve only been ‘ok’ for money in the past 3/4 years and now my disposable income is about to get wiped out again. 

I'm 41 and the thought of taking on additional debt at this age doesn't appeal to me at all. I've got more of an eye to winding down and retirement now! 

• Like 1

Â