Should McClaren Resign?

desensitized43

Should he Stay or Should he Go?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should he Stay or Should he Go?

• Go After Remaining Qualifiers
    • Go Now

Well to be fair he should wait to see if we've qualified or not (to see if Russia all turn up to Israel with blue tongue for instance) as only when we've failed to qualify will he be sacked or by the magic "by mutual consent". Agree with Rob, he'll hold on as he isn't likely to walk away from a pay deal. Papers will have a field-day and I wouldn't be surprised to see this little number pop up again:

wtps090207.jpg

I went for Go now .. Wright Phillips was a weak link today and should have been removed from the pitch 30 mins before he was ..players get games like that , so not blaming Wright Phillips , but if on the hour mark he had gone 4-5-1 or something we may have been looking at a different result ..I thought Robinson was to blame on the second goal , it looked a simple enough save to make ..Robinson is a keeper in crises and his mistakes have helped cost qualification

McClaren is inept at this level and "discovering Barry " hardly means he deserves the stay of execution ..qualifying was lost by the draw in israel and at home to Macedonia ..not to mention the farce in Croatia ..and the countless other poor displays his teams have produced

go now , then aim on getting a team like this ready for the next world cup qualifyers

Carson

Richards Terry Ferdinand Cole

Lennon Barry Gerrard Young

Rooney Lita

all down to the f.a. giving him a 4 year **** contract, he should have been given a 12 month deal, or a rolling deal, instead it now means if the f.a. decide to act and sack him (which they cant really afford to do after the erikson debarcal) they have to pay up the remaining 3 years of his deal. (roughly £2million)

all down to the f.a. giving him a 4 year **** contract, he should have been given a 12 month deal, or a rolling deal, instead it now means if the f.a. decide to act and sack him (which they cant really afford to do after the erikson debarcal) they have to pay up the remaining 3 years of his deal. (roughly £2million)

On top of their new expensive over budget stadium.

Without the money spinning Euro championships campaign.

simple thing is, its only been the last 4 game england have played with any sort of style, he has come accross his best team by luck not judgement, the man was never qualified to do the job, but if he was to go, who could we get to replace him?

Scolari is tied to portugal and prob wouldnt want the job now anyway.

Allardayce is tied to newcastle.

i doubt MON would walk out on us.

theres no one. well mayby Les Reid or Sammy Lee

We are not going to win anything with the current setup. Its been YEARS!!! since we've taken a squad to a major toury looking in tip top shape!

Take the last world cup! There for the taking but we never got out of 2nd gear. Euro 2006 (I think greece won it that year), so of the big guns got knocked out and that could have been OUR year!

The last time i've watched a good England performance in a major toury was when Euro was held here in England!

Its time to get rid of the "i'm bigger than England" players. That includes players like Lampard - excellent for chelsea, shite for England. He aint the only one!

Young lads dream of putting on that England shirt and running out for their country! but thats all gone.... today, we seen a number of players who just couldnt give two fecks about playing for their country. I hate to say it... but the rugby team has it spot on in terms of attitude. You watch the egg chaser during the national anthem.... all singing out loudly.... proud to be playing for their country!

IMO...

- sack MacClown!

- bring in new training staff

- F.A. re-shuffle

- drop the selfish big headed 'stars' and replace them with young hungry players!

We're virtually out of euro 2008.... so lets clear the rot and start a fresh! Players like Beckham, Lampard, Owen etc wont be around for WC2010 so lets start building a future world cup team. Lets get some of the England under 21's into the senior squad. We have some excellent young talent coming through... Ashley Young, Walcott, Gabby A, Carson and more! These are our future...

Yes, now.

He should never have got the job in the first place. The F.A. were just running scared from the arsehole press who were demanding an English manager. His record at Boro hardly merited him the job, despite wads of Gibson's dosh he did nothing, with the exception of reaching the UEFA cup final where his shortcomings were plain to see.

We might have got Scolari - but the arsehole press hoard pissed on that party.

Obviously it would nice to have a homegrown manager, but....

F*ck the press, best man for the job please.

actually Xann I wanted Big hil but his latest antics means we got a narrow escape

I suppose the issue is the lack of top quality managers willing to take the English job, it is not even the biggest jb in this country ( Man ure is)

We had a massive debate on here about the merits of a English maager and I hope those who called solely for one are happy as say Big Sam was never going to take the job

best bloke is Jose, he won't take it

Hiddink signed a new contract

Big Phil too volatile

MON I suspect would be the fans favourite

Its not his fault he's not the right man for the job though is it?

I dont think he should resign at all, England will still make it to Euro2008 and surely you're not all arrogant enough to think England should win every game hands down etc?

Russia and Croatia are two of the toughest places to go - the more times you've got to travel to Eastern Europe, the tougher the group is. Those places are hard to go and get anything from. Only the Macedonia game was a let down but hes not the first England manager to have a poor result in qualifying is he?

Â