Should McClaren Resign?

desensitized43

Should he Stay or Should he Go?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should he Stay or Should he Go?

• Go After Remaining Qualifiers
    • Go Now

Hmm hindsight tis a wonderful thing.

Coming off the back of 5 successive 3-0 wins I never saw many questioning the team selection BEFORE the game yesterday.

:shock: :?

i think pretty much everyone on here wanted anyone but Robbo between the sticks last night pre match.

he certainly wasn't in mine pre match.

i was very much in the ABR club pre match, and sadly was proven right. In fact, look at the Russia thread and you'll see on page 1 or 2 that i mention (pre match) that one of the factors that would count against us was our dodgy keeper.

pity McClown didn't read the thread i guess.

Al, it was clear no-one wanted Robinson except the clique ...

The only way England can qualify is if Russia fail to defeat Israel and I don't see that, Hiddink is the master of one off wins

As to the new manager, the FA will as they have always have done appoint a safe choice

hence Stuart Pearce is my guess

The only way England can qualify is if Russia fail to defeat Israel and I don't see that, Hiddink is the master of one off wins

As to the new manager, the FA will as they have always have done appoint a safe choice

I would say that the safe choice is Mourinho and certainly not Pearce.

I wouldn't be surprised however to see the FA stick with McClaren to be honest.

possibly Ian.

but was Monty Burns a "safe choice"?

I think that one brave decision came from having a decnt guy as FA chief Exec: Adam Crozier.

was a bad day for the england team when he left IMO.

I would say that the safe choice is Mourinho and certainly not Pearce.

i think you're misunderstanding the "safe choice" element here Tom, I think?

Pearce is undoubtedly the safe choice at this moment, as would be a Curbishley type.

Unsafe choices would be Jose, Allardyce or MON - all prone to speak their minds and ruffle feathers.

Pearce will no do that. He's already an FA man due to his U21 involvement and the FA will like that. He knows that rocking the boat doesn't go down well.

I'd say Jose is a very unsafe appt for the FA to make, even though it would be the best for the team/results IMO.

For noe yes, certainly until we can no longer qualify.

But do you really think they'll stick with a failure and a guy that nobody in the country wants after the end of this qualifying campaign.

stranger things have happened, but i'd be very shocked. his position would be untenable IMO.

exactly Jon and Sven was safe, good track record, not controversial for the first foreign manager

he still isn't he says very little and thats what they want and always have wanted

hence Greenwood over Clough and many more examples since

For me, a safe choice for the FA would be one where they can't lose. If they appoint Mourinho, it will be what everyone in the country wants so if it works out, they look good, if it doesn't they have an excuse.

Appointing Pearce may be good from the perspective that he is an FA yes man but it would just increase the pressure on the FA from the media and general public.

As for McClaren, in recent times, things have massively improved for England, I could see them giving him 2/3 games into the next world cup qualifying campaign and then deciding whether he should stay or go!

and Lescott could have been a bit more alert.

I think we got an indicaton of how alert Lescott is when we played them a few weeks ago , if i am not mistaken when the ball rebounded out in his own box , Carew was allowed to take about 4 touches before banging it in the goal and where was Lescott oh thats right sitting on his arse

Why would Mourinho want the England job by the way? That job is a poisoned chalice.

indeed.

something of a career ender really. Maybe monty burns will buck the trend at Citeh? :lol:

To be quite honest i couldnt care less about the England job , i am more interested if it affects Villa , will Barry still have a future in the England set up ?

I didnt watch last nights match but it sounded like it was typical England , hoof hoof oh and abit more hoof , no wonder Barry is seeing less of the ball , i can just picture it

Barry : lads lads i am free pass it to me

Rest of England squad: no its ok Baz i can see one of the other lads free , 100 yards away , **** HOOOOOOFF

Chris Waddle summed it up perfect on 5 live last night , England only know how to play one way

Why would Mourinho want the England job by the way? That job is a poisoned chalice.

Think it would defeinitely interest Jose...Im sure Ive read quotes from him saying as much too...

He lives in England, enjoys it but cant work for another premiership team for a while...Seems to make perfect sense...

Think it would defeinitely interest Jose...Im sure Ive read quotes from him saying as much too...

He lives in England, enjoys it but cant work for another premiership team for a while...Seems to make perfect sense...

Indeed, there was interesting comments in the media shortly after he left Chelsea that seemed to suggest he would love the job.

Either him or Capello who said earlier in his career that he would like to manage England one day.

Â