Top Gear

Jez

just finished it on the very iplayer

Good show , loved the steam train but cant work out how come it only rained wherever Hammond was ... it 's like they raced on different days :shock:

Good show , loved the steam train but cant work out how come it only rained wherever Hammond was ... it 's like they raced on different days :shock:

I think the joke was that Hammond was so far behind that the weather was different where his slow ass was.

Mind you, as somebody who travels around a hell of a lot, I can assure you that the weather can be very different in places as close as ten miles apart.

I think the joke was that Hammond was so far behind that the weather was different where his slow ass was.

Mind you, as somebody who travels around a hell of a lot, I can assure you that the weather can be very different in places as close as ten miles apart.

I’ve seen it sunny out the front, but raining in my back garden.

Yeh, and to be fair, Hammond was about 120 miles behind by the end of the race!

I think the rain was moving north and Hammond had the unfortunate coincidence of travelling about as fast as the weather, so he was in the rain most of the way.

It did prove that motorbikes are shit though.

The steam train should have pissed all over the car...

I dunno, when you get on that A1 up in the North East, there is bugger all traffic, no police, no cameras and just a straight run more or less, with the Toon the only thing in the way. May could have put his toe down and gone quite a bit faster than the train.

The steam train should have pissed all over the car...

I dunno, when you get on that A1 up in the North East, there is bugger all traffic, no police, no cameras and just a straight run more or less, with the Toon the only thing in the way. May could have put his toe down and gone quite a bit faster than the train.

The A1 north of Newcastle is full of cameras, and isn’t that fast if you get stuck between the border lorries

But the idea was that they were supposed to be ala 1948; they used to run non-stop trains from Kings Cross-Edinburgh which did the trip in 6hours 30 minutes. I doubt a car could do that if it behaved legally at the time, let alone now. A train now can do it in under 4 hours. No car could legally do that, or possibly illegally...

I know they sneak good looking women closer to the camera during Top Gear these days, but that one in the blue shirt behind Hammond today? Well, lets just say that if my daughter looks like that when she is 19 I will still bath her. :mrgreen:

I know they sneak good looking women closer to the camera during Top Gear these days, but that one in the blue shirt behind Hammond today? Well, lets just say that if my daughter looks like that when she is 19 I will still bath her. :mrgreen:

That deserves MEGALOLZ. Had to read it twice just to be sure that you actually typed that :crylaugh:

they sneak good looking women closer to the camera during Top Gear these days

I've been noticing that, not complaining though