Top Gear

Jez

Report in the Daily Mirror/Sun today that a lorry driver is blaming Top Gear after losing control of his lorry. Apparently Top Gear gave a 'tip' that if you find your lorry snaking to accellerate to 65mph. He did this and crashed.

Report in the Daily Mirror/Sun today that a lorry driver is blaming Top Gear after losing control of his lorry. Apparently Top Gear gave a 'tip' that if you find your lorry snaking to accellerate to 65mph. He did this and crashed.

Surely if he drives lorrys he should know what to do if it starts snaking. What a f*ckin pleb.

How awesome was that car at the end though? An electric car you don't have to charge up? Incredible technological advance if they can pull that off.

and 30 years from now , no doubt we will be sitting here saying how they are destroying the planet and killing polar bears

And the latest example of passing personal responsibility on to someone else hits the press :lol: Top Gear is an easy target exactly because they try to be controversial at the best of times.

How awesome was that car at the end though? An electric car you don't have to charge up? Incredible technological advance if they can pull that off.

and 30 years from now , no doubt we will be sitting here saying how they are destroying the planet and killing polar bears

Im sure eco nutters can blame water for global warming! :lol:

How amazing was Jay Leno's garage??

Probably true Tony.

They apparently give out nothing but water but it'll be discovered somewhere that the process to separate the Hydrogen for it to be used involves hitting 2 kittens with a hammer, or something.

At least hydrogen will never run out though. Oil will.

Probably true Tony.

They apparently give out nothing but water but it'll be discovered somewhere that the process to separate the Hydrogen for it to be used involves hitting 2 kittens with a hammer, or something.

At least hydrogen will never run out though. Oil will.

Dont quote me on it but i believe the production of hydrgoen causes more pollution than just running a petrol car. May be wrong. Also not convinced you'd want to be driving around with a tank of hydrogen anywhere near you.

some of my friends do hydrogen storage research dont you know :winkold:

Dont quote me on it but i believe the production of hydrgoen causes more pollution than just running a petrol car.

Yes but running a petrol car AND drilling for oil AND turning that oil into petrol?

At the moment there's very little use for refining hydrogen.. I'm sure when it's financially viable someone will find a way of doing it cheaper, faster, better and then, hopefully, with less polution.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the idea of making hydrogen on site where you fill up. Using wind and solar power and a big bucket of water ;-)

But yes, the big obstacle is electrolysis (separating hydrogen from water) and the amount of energy it takes to achieve it.

• 3 weeks later...

surprised the Vietnam Special didn't get a ++ bump++

OK as a road trip it followed the usual format and wasn't as side splitting as the US road trip ,which i doubt anything on TV could be , but still enjoyable enough .... I noticed they were getting some stick from some Watchdog advisory yogurt knitter brigade for not taking road safety seriously by wearing a bucket on the head etc ...oh well ,

Vietnam looks worth a look , that's for sure

The Vietnam episode was brilliant. Really enjoyed it. I didn't realise that it was sucha spectacular country, that mountain road was something else.

Anyone know what a 'faddy Brummie' is though? ;)