The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not sure, the way Huddersfield pressed Norwich was totally different to the way we played. We have a bigger squad than Huddersfield so why cant we play with that intensity.

I didn't see the game, so I can't comment on Huddersfield.

but we didn't press Norwich with any kind of acceptability.

its nothing to do with the size of the squad its about having enough individuals who are intent in competing

Edited by TRO

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not sure, the way Huddersfield pressed Norwich was totally different to the way we played. We have a bigger squad than Huddersfield so why cant we play with that intensity.

I think partly because even after Bruce has come in and improved our organization we still have a defense, a midfield (well not really) and an attack who are all isolated entities with little or no cohesion. 

There's been games when our attackers have done a good job pressing, but the distance between our attackers and our almost non existing midfield makes it almost pointless because it's too easy for our opponents to find an simple pass to a teammate.

Edited by sne

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have also at times "battered" teams which then went on to batter teams and vice versa.

Jv I do not want to get embroiled in a bout of negativity.

i have been very pleased with the points collected under SB and am still pleased he is with us.

but pray, when was the last time, we battered anybody.

ps I was actually responding to another posters( imo )hyperbole

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

i have been very pleased with the points collected under SB and am still pleased he is with us.

The last time we had fish and chips in the cafeteria?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

ps I was actually responding to another posters( imo )hyperbole

Probably under RDM (I might be wrong) to be honest, and by "batter" I meant plethora of chances, shots, hitting the post etc. not scoreline

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably under RDM (I might be wrong) to be honest, and by "batter" I meant plethora of chances, shots, hitting the post etc. not scoreline

I kinda understand your view.....but I think too many if us in our views on our team are looking at certain aspects of our play and not the whole thing.

we are good a certain things and poor at others.....even when we are managing to secure points.

sometimes you get away with things and win.....other games you get dumped, because your weaknesses let you down on that day.....or the opposition expose them better than the last team.

I suppose the worrying aspects of our push for promotion is that we have yet to beat any team other than Reading who will be involved in the promotion battle ,now we have played the majority of these teams away as well but it's still worrying there is much more in this side we need more goals which is our biggest issue ,our forwards haven't clicked and we have little creativity in the midfield sort this in Jan and we will go from strength to strength our next  10 games are crucial .

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

we dont have many athletes or players willing to do it in my view. I think it was Wolves game when McCormack tried press their defenders and he turned around and nobody was up for it.

Huddersfield team are full of willing runners

I suspect there will be a team full of intent on Sunday, Bruce has cajoled them but not no more and tbh I think he should have said those things after the Leeds game. I think we have good players for this division, but they all need to show it now. If anyone wants to go in January, leave them out and lets have a spirit in the team. I am surprised by the continual exclusion of Tishibola, he seems to be an ideal foil for Jedinak and I hope he gets a chance on Sunday. Bacuna was doing well in midfield, but I would put him right back for the next few games. Ayew doesn't seem to want to be here, he has got talent but leave him out. I want players who are committed to the club. I hope Baker is back for Sunday as his partnership with Chester looks good. 

8 hours ago, villanfromluton said:

I suspect there will be a team full of intent on Sunday, Bruce has cajoled them but not no more and tbh I think he should have said those things after the Leeds game. I think we have good players for this division, but they all need to show it now. If anyone wants to go in January, leave them out and lets have a spirit in the team. I am surprised by the continual exclusion of Tishibola, he seems to be an ideal foil for Jedinak and I hope he gets a chance on Sunday. Bacuna was doing well in midfield, but I would put him right back for the next few games. Ayew doesn't seem to want to be here, he has got talent but leave him out. I want players who are committed to the club. I hope Baker is back for Sunday as his partnership with Chester looks good. 

Started to think might be better to cut our losses with ayew. Not scoring at this level and doesn't look bothered half the time

• Like 1

The play off bus is leaving the station now.

We really need to start racking up 3-pointers again if we are not to be left behind.

If the current results stand and Leeds get a win we are 10 points behind 6th going into the QPR game.

Ifs and buts of course, but...

• Like 2

I wonder if anyone still thinks we can get automatic promotion... Or has reality finally set in that we are a work in progress and to think we will be anywhere near going up is just absurd.

Having realistic expections is the only way to go and we are not even remotely in the race for promotion this season. I say this because there are far too many posts expecting way too much and I'd hate to see Bruce under pressure for not delivering a miracle.

He will get us there, I'm pretty sure of that, but not this year. 

9 points behind the play offs.

Have to win tomorrow now.

To be honest I'd say we have to win our next 3 to stand a chance.

Leeds and Wednesday are playing very poorly and yet keep winning. Real momentum with them and Derby also looking very strong. 

Its probably gonna have to be next year

1 minute ago, sonic_bouma said:

9 points behind the play offs.

Have to win tomorrow now.

To be honest I'd say we have to win our next 3 to stand a chance.

Leeds and Wednesday are playing very poorly and yet keep winning. Real momentum with them and Derby also looking very strong. 

Its probably gonna have to be next year

Plenty of time yet - we are not even halfway through and a good points haul over the festive period will see us back within touching distance - far too soon to write off our chances irrespective of what happens tomorrow .

i see no reason why we can't take 10 points from the next 4 games .