January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Reports say hogan would prefer a premier club whereas Rhodes is keen on villa - if hogan comes here I'd like him to be here out of hunger and desire rather than just because we offered him big money .

interesting  mail poll has 72% preferring Rhodes and 28% preferring hogan . 

Edited by Eastie

46 minutes ago, mattyg38 said:

Is that any worse than buying utter shite from other leagues and hoping for the best?

I didn't necessarily mean it as a bad thing, it's a transfer tactic (just buying the performing players in from rival teams in your league) that has had teams ranging from Celtic, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid etc.. dominate their respective leagues for years. 

Maybe we'll get Hogan and Rhodes, imagine this:

Lansbury Hourihane Bikarson

Hogan Rhodes Kodjia

Jedi, Adomah, Grealish, Gabby as bench options  

Edit, not beyond the realms of possibility considering we could lose Gestede, Ayew and McCormack

Edited by nnock1984
  • Like 2

Can't say I know either very well but on the Utubes I'd lean for Hogan. Seems to have very good pace, and a bit of skill which you need the further up the leagues you go.

Luckily we employ scouts to have a more detailed understanding of the various pros and cons so ultimately I'll be happy with either. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If it wasn't deadline day I'd banish you from VT forever my friend for posting this saggy faced spiv's chops on the pages of VT. The hatred I have for this man knows no limits. ;)

Give him a warning! Lol 

Maybe Rhodes has an attitude problem? Club maybe asked around and were advised look elsewhere after McCormack incident?

Rhodes has a fantastic goalscoring record but for him to stay in the championship so long and then finally get promoted with Boro but not get a look in there is bizarre especially when they aren't scoring goals.

• Like 1

Gueye, when he joined, openly spoke about using us as a stepping stone to better things, and he played pretty well for us.

If Hogan is hungry for premiership football, then when he joins us he'll be putting in the performances just as much as others in the squad I'm sure, both trying to get us promoted and to play himself into the shop window.

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Everybody would like to see McCormack and Richards etc moved on, I think, but that's not always possible. What if they don't want to move? We could smuggle them out in the back of a ford cortina I suppose, if we can get the gate open. 

I have a transit van, a shovel and several rolls of old carpet....... if anyone fancies giving me a hand.... McCormack looks quite heavy.

• Like 1