Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People were screaming for resting players and giving some of the youngsters and fringe players a go. He did yet they did not deliver. I for one am glad it wasnt a pointless replay that we would have lost. There was no chester, adomah, Grealish, hogan, snodgrass, or jedinak. If it was a fall strength team then maybe you might have a point.

If we dont beat forest then bruce deserves critism. Forest is 10x more important than this game 

A full strength team was abysmal v Brentford. This team was awful v Peterborough. Our football in most games isn’t good. What happens on the training ground? We don’t have a style. That’s why we struggle. The squad doesn’t have one way of playing. Bruce has said they’d never did what he said. That’s on him if he’s cant get a message across. Onomah was awful yet never got took off. What does he see? Forest is way more important I agree but we’ve been totally outplayed by a high tempo footballing team again and that’s a worry. Bristol looks like the one off not today’s result. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People were screaming for resting players and giving some of the youngsters and fringe players a go. He did yet they did not deliver. I for one am glad it wasnt a pointless replay that we would have lost. There was no chester, adomah, Grealish, hogan, snodgrass, or jedinak. If it was a fall strength team then maybe you might have a point.

If we dont beat forest then bruce deserves critism. Forest is 10x more important than this game 

But he didn’t blood any youngsters. It was a pretty experienced line up. If he had given some kids a chance and played an attacking line up, then a poor result could have been less disappointing. Yes he rested players and that is expected, but to be played off the pitch, at home by a third division team is totally unacceptable regardless of the circumstances. Surely there is a matter of pride at stake, call me old fashioned, but the team should be prepared properly to represent Aston Villa Football Club at every level and in every competition.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

A full strength team was abysmal v Brentford. This team was awful v Peterborough. Our football in most games isn’t good. What happens on the training ground? We don’t have a style. That’s why we struggle. The squad doesn’t have one way of playing. Bruce has said they’d never did what he said. That’s on him if he’s cant get a message across. Onomah was awful yet never got took off. What does he see? Forest is way more important I agree but we’ve been totally outplayed by a high tempo footballing team again and that’s a worry. Bristol looks like the one off not today’s result. 

Not aiming this directing just at you but why do people keep saying we don't gave a style? We clearly do, it's not pretty to watch. We play mainly defensive and let the opposition have a majority of the ball. We tend to play on the counter attack and try okay it via the wings. It's not the best but it's effective if you can score goals and are able to break the opposition dosn. We struggle at times to do this against well organised sides. There does not seem to be much plan b with Bruce which is my concern. But Ido prefer this than having to rely on just kodjia producing a moment of magic. 

As for today well it's poor no denying that regardless the team. I think Bruce was right to give the likes of steer, o hare, rdl,  bree  bjarnson and Davis starts. All barring Davis and are not starters, and near enough all of them let him down just showed not good enough to be starting. People were screaming for o hare to start he did and was pretty shit I heard.

forest is the big one and now extra pressure on Bruce to deliver after today. It's strange we lost only one game this year at villa park in the league and twice last year. Yet in the cup we are bloody hopeless at villa park.

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

But he didn’t blood any youngsters. It was a pretty experienced line up. If he had given some kids a chance and played an attacking line up, then a poor result could have been less disappointing. Yes he rested players and that is expected, but to be played off the pitch, at home by a third division team is totally unacceptable regardless of the circumstances. Surely there is a matter of pride at stake, call me old fashioned, but the team should be prepared properly to represent Aston Villa Football Club at every level and in every competition.

O hare, bree, Davis all started. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

O hare, bree, Davis all started. 

Yes I know, but they all had first team experience, albeit I welcome them getting more game time, especially O’Hare and Bree. I just thought one or two more could have been involved, perhaps off the bench. My real gripe is the abject surrender, which should never be acceptable. 

36 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree with every bit of that Neil apart from you're worry that we would lose today. Even though I'm not a fan of Steve Bruce, and accepting of the fact that he would make an awful lot of changes, Peterborough are a bog standard League 1 team and i really didn't imagine losing to them so comprehensively. 

My worry we would lose dates back way before the Bruce years. For as long as I can remember the club have  raised my hopes only to dash them shortly afterwards. Beating Liverpool convincingly at Anfield to then conceding 7 at Chelsea is one more recent example.

FWIW I am not happy with the job Bruce has done here. I do understand that he has had squad and injury issues to deal with, but then I think the forwards we had to choose from at the beginning of the season was always likely to leave us exposed if Kodjia struggled. I would replace Bruce in the summer regardless of whether he gains promotion.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Surprised so many fans turned up for it.  Masochists! 

I think its closer to Stockholm syndrome than masochism :P

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Sorry lads i can't agree. 

In the grand of scheme of things defeat is probably a blessing in disguise with regard to our priorities this season, but i hate seeing us lose in any game. The game itself may have been unimportant but being played off the park at home by Peterborough is a disgrace. 

Bang on!

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I have to ask of the people who have said this shows the fringe players aren't good enough, we're you actually at the game? Because that result rests largely on Bruce! 

Regardless if you want to go through or not, if you're 1-0 up you see the game out! The guy is taking us nowhere. But I'm sure we'll get an injury and he'll fluke a young player coming in and doing well soon and the 'Where's all the Bruce out'ers?' will be shouted like it isn't a perfectly valid opinion! 

Couldn't agree with you more.. ran out of likes but this is true.

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Nope sorry but you have it all wrong. 

We just need to...

bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

.. on this one apparantly.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not aiming this directing just at you but why do people keep saying we don't gave a style? We clearly do, it's not pretty to watch. We play mainly defensive and let the opposition have a majority of the ball. We tend to play on the counter attack and try okay it via the wings. It's not the best but it's effective if you can score goals and are able to break the opposition dosn. We struggle at times to do this against well organised sides. There does not seem to be much plan b with Bruce which is my concern. But Ido prefer this than having to rely on just kodjia producing a moment of magic. 

As for today well it's poor no denying that regardless the team. I think Bruce was right to give the likes of steer, o hare, rdl,  bree  bjarnson and Davis starts. All barring Davis and are not starters, and near enough all of them let him down just showed not good enough to be starting. People were screaming for o hare to start he did and was pretty shit I heard.

forest is the big one and now extra pressure on Bruce to deliver after today. It's strange we lost only one game this year at villa park in the league and twice last year. Yet in the cup we are bloody hopeless at villa park.

If your description of our style is right, we don’t have enough speed to play it.   That would be a major manager error.  

Stoke have sacked mark Hughes so let’s hope Steve Bruce is their cup of tea - wishful thinking I guess :)

on a serious note though stoke could do us a favour by going for Gary Rowett whose being mentioned in the running .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Well today according to Bruce we played a pressing style. We flit between styles in games for me we aren’t one or the other and aren’t that good a team either. What players let Bruce down? RDL and OHare played well. Bree did ok at CB. Birkir isn’t that good when played in his normal position which I think is left attacking mid yet he’s started at DM.The worst player on th pitch was Onomah yet he played the whole game. Lansbury came on and is an attacking midfielder yet he played DM aswell. Bruce made bad decsion after bad decision today epecially in not making substitutions earlier. Every body there could see them scoring. I’m sure the 17k fans that bothered today feel very similar to me. Going out is bad but the way we did is a joke. 

Its sounds like bruce was experimenting today. Using this as an opportunity to see how certain players would do it other positions should another injury crisis occur. Near enough all of them flopped sp another 5-3-2 failed experiment.

Personally if he was going to experiment i am glad its in this meaningless game. We would never win it and if we were to play a premier league side it would utterly embarassing we would lose with ease.

A poor result and some players badly let the fans down. For me i dont really want to focus too much on this as forest is a far bigger game

Â