Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And was it not the Boro game when Hogan decided to block the ball on the line when it would have been a certain goal.

Ya know, Scott Hogan, our saviour, the best striker outside of the top 4 in the prem except Bruce just doesn't know how to use him correctly......that Hogan......

Yeah that was the one, I swear to god that has been the  only game I have seen him so close to goal and he bloody blocks a goal!! unbelievable 

was hoping he would want to put that mistake right but has failed so far 

14 hours ago, Junxs said:

Makes no sense, as come 26 December we will reach mid season point and would have played everyone once. Rather it backs my point about being in a false position in November as we had avoided the harder teams.

We got lucky by avoiding Leeds, Derby and Sheffield united until right at the end as thats 3 of the top 6 excluding us.

It make perfect sense but yeah we wont agree  on this one 

Edited by Demitri_C

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So 2 players. That's now our lack of pace excuse. 

He can't see the future but if 2 players is the only pace we have i don't see using a lack of pace as yet another reason to defend under performing and failing to meet his targets. 

Clearly, by the signings he has made and the football he coaches, he isn't too concerned with pace being key to our success so no idea why it's now being thrown out as a reason to be sympathetic for some shit results.

Sorry DC, forgot about all those other teams filled with 15+ olympic sprinters.

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Why would he need to see into the future to see kodjia was out injured for a long period when the injury happened last season?

Its also not unreasonable to think that a player returning from such a serious injury might need time to get back into the side to prevent additional injuries.

Its also not unreasonable to think that a winger with a poor futness record in a position we have no natural backup in might get injured again.

I see nothing particularly unusual in any of our injuries this season except JTs.  In fact i think they could pretty much all have been easily predicted.

What absolute rubbish

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Sorry DC, forgot about all those other teams filled with 15+ olympic sprinters.

A team would only need 1 fast forward to rip us a new one

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What absolute rubbish

Well you are absolutely wrong there.

So many commented on the possibility that Baker, Jedi, Terry & Kodjia would pick up injuries.

Baker a head injury

Jedi because he was injured last season, because he‘s at an age where it‘ll happen more often and will take him longer to recover

Terry it was a concern for many that he wouldnt play 10-20 games

Kodjia being brought back too early and suffering another injury

Hogan has an injury record

Gaby too (not that he‘s in any way relevant)

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

A fair few of us were complaining at the start of the season about our lack of pace. It wouldn't matter too much if we played a different style of football. However, Bruce tactic is to counter attack therefore it is baffling that you would not buy players with pace, baffling. Terrible terrible decision making. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave J said:

I don’t agree with this - despite what some on here would have you believe there is such thing as a new manager bounce ( see N Warnock) and maybe the points accrued during our potential new manager bounce might just be the difference between promotion or not- personally I would twist.

Doubt they risk it unless we fall away from playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, omariqy said:

A fair few of us were complaining at the start of the season about our lack of pace. It wouldn't matter too much if we played a different style of football. However, Bruce tactic is to counter attack therefore it is baffling that you would not buy players with pace, baffling. Terrible terrible decision making. 

I don't think Bruce buys players to fit a system because there is no system. He just buys players.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You don't follow developments closely then based on this statement?

To be fair to Bruce his hands were tied with how much he could spend on squad players of any decent quality. I honestly believe he was forced to sell Baker because of FFP. 

However he is partly responsible for the lack of funds for money wasted in January. 

• Like 1

The net spend thing is a bit of a moot point. We are in a lucky position that we had the likes of Ayew, Gestede, Westwood etc that we could sell for good money and reinvest. Other clubs do not have that luxury. More importantly we have a significant number of players on £40k per week or more. Not many clubs are in that position. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair to Bruce his hands were tied with how much he could spend on squad players of any decent quality. I honestly believe he was forced to sell Baker because of FFP. 

However he is partly responsible for the lack of funds for money wasted in January. 

The squad balance, Transfer fees & Wages paid, the age/injury prone quota of some are all tied in to a totally f*****up way of building a team/squad for a sustained promotion challenge.

It‘s December and we have injuries a many, players knackered and/or out of form.

All pretty much predictable.

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Listen scrooge! We will when Santa Bruce and his eleven elves deliver 3pts on Saturday.    (Atleast for 3 days anyway)  :ph34r:

Well let's all get in the Brucie christmas spirit shall we..

You better watch out.. you better not cry.. Bruce'll be lucky to get three points, I'm telling you why...

Bruce ball is coming to town... Bruuuce ball is coming to town... Oh yeeea!..

{all together now}

Laaaast Christmas.. we delivered a pass.. but the very next game.. We gave it away..

Thiiis yeear.... instead of playing out of fear.... the fans are looking for something special... something special  oooohh...

We're Rockin' around the Brucey tree hoping for a win on Saturday....

Strikers n midfielders playing defensivily .. it's the same old, Bruce ball way!..

Stay now, pray now...    Brucies' gonna try and win this game.. I don't think we can take the pain.....  but I think it's time he made a change.....

.... Oh don't endure us to watch crap like this....  if you ask me it takes the piss.....  won't you play another way....?

All we want for Christmasssss.. is Bruuuuuuuuce  ball, Babyyyy!!..  

Class mate, real class.:D

11 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Why would he need to see into the future to see kodjia was out injured for a long period when the injury happened last season?

Its also not unreasonable to think that a player returning from such a serious injury might need time to get back into the side to prevent additional injuries.

Its also not unreasonable to think that a winger with a poor futness record in a position we have no natural backup in might get injured again.

I see nothing particularly unusual in any of our injuries this season except JTs.  In fact i think they could pretty much all have been easily predicted.

"Prepared":)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think Bruce buys players to fit a system because there is no system. He just buys players.

But there are many factors to consider......i don't think we have the funds or the attractive proposition, we once was to be able to make that our priority.....but i could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

But there are many factors to consider......i don't think we have the funds or the attractive proposition, we once was to be able to make that our priority.....but i could be wrong.

I agree. We blew it last summer and too a smaller extent in January. At the same time we needed proven Championship or Premier League players and couldn't risk unknowns or inexperience. The whole approach was short termism make or break and if it ends up break (which many think it will under Bruce).

We can start again from scratch knowing and accepting it could take several years for promotion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree. We blew it last summer and too a smaller extent in January. At the same time we needed proven Championship or Premier League players and couldn't risk unknowns or inexperience. The whole approach was short termism make or break and if it ends up break (which many think it will under Bruce).

We can start again from scratch knowing and accepting it could take several years for promotion. 

I agree too.

Â