Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I hate this term of supporters "bed wetting". I think we should top of the league because of how we are backed in line with our competitors, not just because we are Aston Villa and have any right to be.

I am not in the 'Bruce out' way of thinking because of any fear of relegation, I am in it because of the squad that HE has assembled, and it's a squad that cost and costs far more than everyone else in it besides Wolves, but yet he just has excuse after excuse after excuse. Even the games we win, we don't look convincing.

Oh and one other thing how many of you could honestly say, hand on heart, that if we played Wolves 10 times over, yesterday wouldn't happen at least 7 times! It's not the defeat itself, it's the manner of it! He waited until we were 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go before he made any sort of change to actually affect Wolves' dominance of the game.

Where is this incredible squad that should be top of the league? Forget about the transfer fees for a moment, where are superstars that should be romping the league?

Did you think that after we signed our key players from Brentford, Barnsley, Hull, Forest, Bristol City and Reading we’d be walking the league??

Its a good squad of Championship players, but you need to really question what suggested they’d be making easy work of this division.

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Where is this incredible squad that should be top of the league? Forget about the transfer fees for a moment, where are superstars that should be romping the league?

Did you think that after we signed our key players from Brentford, Barnsley, Hull, Forest, Bristol City and Reading we’d be walking the league??

Its a good squad of Championship players, but you need to really question what suggested they’d be making easy work of this division.

So you don't think Bruce has out together a strong squad? With the money spent and wages given out do you think he's done a good job then?

You seem to don't care about his signings, performances or results, anything to just support Steve Bruce. Very strange IMO. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So you don't think Bruce has out together a strong squad? With the money spent and wages given out do you think he's done a good job then?

You seem to don't care about his signings, performances or results, anything to just support Steve Bruce. Very strange IMO. 

Forget about the transfer fees for a moment because money doesn’t score goals or keep clean sheets.

I literally answered both those questions in the post you quoted.

Its a good squad, and knocking on the door of promotion at around 1/3 of the season feels about right to me. 

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

No, the point is “A manager that is tactically sound, knows what he is doing, has a plan B and can get the best out of his players” still got turned over by a newly promoted side on a shoestring.

Its the argument that is being used as a reason we should sack Bruce... wonder if Wolves fans were wetting their beds after that result?

You really don't grasp it do you. You keep mentioning teams that were on track to succeed and take one loss and then go on about their fans. No one is going to mind the odd loss when their team is on track to do what they want them to. We aren't, so it's different. Surely not too hard to grasp

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

You really don't grasp it do you. You keep mentioning teams that were on track to succeed and take one loss and then go on about their fans. No one is going to mind the odd loss when their team is on track to do what they want them to. We aren't, so it's different. Surely not too hard to grasp

You don’t like Bruce, I get it.

Will the current top 6 be the top 6 on the last day of the season? 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Forget about the transfer fees for a moment because money doesn’t score goals or keep clean sheets.

I literally answered both those questions in the post you quoted.

Its a good squad, and knocking on the door of promotion at around 1/3 of the season feels about right to me. 

Why would you forget about money? Just seems a convineint way to once again make an excuse for him. He's been able to attract the sort of quality the vast majority of clubs in this league can't. 

If pep or mourinho were sitting 7th no one would say forget the transfer fees and wages for a minute. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Why would you forget about money? Just seems a convineint way to once again make an excuse for him. He's been able to attract the sort of quality the vast majority of clubs in this league can't. 

If pep or mourinho were sitting 7th no one would say forget the transfer fees and wages for a minute. 

Pep and Jose have squads of the best players in the world.

Villa have a squad made of the better players from the middle of the league they’re trying to get out of. Quite a difference.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Maybe, who knows. It has nothing to do with my point. 

Yes it does, you said we aren’t on track to get promoted because we’re 1 place out of the playoffs and 5 points off automatic places with over 100 points to play for.

As a matter of interest @Genie you seem to imply, in saying  “learning nothing from the mistakes of the last five years” that you think sacking Managers has caused us much strife.

Just wondering then which 2/3 of Mcleish, Lambert, Sherwood, Black, Garde, And RDM you feel we should have kept.

Coz for me they were all useless.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pep and Jose have squads of the best players in the world.

Villa have a squad made of the better players from the middle of the league they’re trying to get out of. Quite a difference.

Our back 4 all played premier league football last season. 

Whelan and Snodgrass played premier league football last season. 

Adomah and Kodjia are proven top quality at this level. 

Hogan scored loads at his previous club at this level. 

Jedinak came from the premier league. 

Onomah played premier league football last season and wasn't allowed to be loaned to just any team. 

Hourihane was performing at a ridiculous level in this league when we signed him. 

Pep and mourinho have some of the best squads at their level because of the money they've been allowed to spend, the same applies to us. 

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

As a matter of interest @Genie you seem to imply, in saying  “learning nothing from the mistakes of the last five years” that you think sacking Managers has caused us much strife.

Just wondering then which 2/3 of Mcleish, Lambert, Sherwood, Black, Garde, And RDM you feel we should have kept.

Coz for me they were all useless.

EXACTLY!!! and now we have a good manager, we’ll regarded, picking up points, scoring goals etc and people want to roll the dice and risk another of those clowns. That is why I suggested we need to learn.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes it does, you said we aren’t on track to get promoted because we’re 1 place out of the playoffs and 5 points off automatic places with over 100 points to play for.

Err. We aren't. How are we on track for promotion? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Err. We aren't. How are we on track for promotion? 

:wacko: because there is over 100 points to play for and we’re bang in the mix. If they award a place for being top after 12 games you’d be right, but they don’t. 

Would you have sacked Rafa after he lost the first 2 games of last year on that logic? No of course you wouldn’t. 

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

So what you're saying is that we don't have arguably the best squad in the league? It's his squad, he put it together so for the outlay do you not expect more?

I'm saying that they should be making easy work of this division, as I'm sure that if a few of our rivals had that sort of money at their disposal, they would be making a much better go of things than we are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

So what you're saying is that we don't have arguably the best squad in the league? 

We have one of the best squads in the league, and the table suggests we are on the best teams in the league based on results.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

:wacko: because there is over 100 points to play for and we’re bang in the mix. If they award a place for being top after 12 games you’d be right, but they don’t. 

Would you have sacked Rafa after he lost the first 2 games of last year on that logic? No of course you wouldn’t. 

You seem to be confused as to what “on track” means

We are not “on track” for promotion. We are not even “on track” for a 1 in 4 shot at promotion

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We have one of the best squads in the league, and the table suggests we are on the best teams in the league based on results.

We are 7th, outside of the playoff places. You can say we are on-track all you want but we are not.

If the season finished tomorrow then we are not in the play-offs. You can state how many points are up for grabs still, but we can just as easily lose as we would win.

We have 1 victory against a side in the top half of the league so far, the current top 2 have beaten us easily (away fixtures granted), You may want to dispute this but everything I have said so far in this post is fact.

I'm sure we will pick up a number of victories this season, my worry is that when we have to play away at sides in the top half of the table, we will see all too many performances like yesterday/Cardiff, and that is the reason why we will not be getting promoted this season.

And as for you mentioning how many points are still up for grabs, that is probably the reason most of us would like Bruce removed from the club now - it would give another manager a chance at actually getting us promoted.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

You seem to be confused as to what “on track” means

We are not “on track” for promotion. We are not even “on track” for a 1 in 4 shot at promotion

I know what it means, you don’t seem to understand that teams will almost certainly not finish the season in the same place they are after 12 games.

Changing the manager is an enormous task and an enormous risk, only a fool would do it at this stage.

Contine the form of the last 6/7 games over the next 6/7 games and we’d probably be sat in the automatic places. You want to roll the dice, change the manager now and potentially blow the only momentum we’ve had in about 4 years? Who you bringing in? I heard Ancelotti and Hiddink mentioned in the past :lol: 

Edited by Genie

Â