Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

We cannot get rid of Bruce, will we ever learn? Let's get rid of Bruce and get some massive name into our massive club and then let the new manager decide he doesn't like half the players. Then we can spunk aload more money on players and us fans expect it to gel straight away. 

Just now, bobzy said:

You're right, 3-5-2 is dead.  I'll call Conte.

I'm not even "defending" Bruce - I just have no problem with experimenting with formations and personnel when we're playing for nothing.  It's not a stick.

"Identity" is a load of nonsense.  You need flexibility to adapt to different situations.

Not worked whenever deployed previously, why would it would now? 3-5-2 isn't dead, but Bruce is certainly no Conte and he clearly cannot implement it correctly.

Just now, bobzy said:

You're right, 3-5-2 is dead.  I'll call Conte.

That's what I said? :crylaugh:It didn't work for us. That's obvious by context.

If you're resorting to outright making things up, then the conversation is over. 

Where have these ideas come from that he doesn't know his best XI or system? IMO he does and it won us a bunch of games without conceding. 

It's almost as if we played two days ago, have nothing to play for, and he's trying something different when it can't hurt. 

• Like 2

Very frustrating to watch, but then again Fulham are a good side still in the hunt for the playoffs, so of course their going to be bang up for it.

I don't like the way we're playing, but if Bruce is getting good info out of this for next season then I'm reasonably happy. 

If we're in this same situation a month into next season, then my voice will be joining the detractors I think.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not worked whenever deployed previously, why would it would now? 3-5-2 isn't dead, but Bruce is certainly no Conte and he clearly cannot implement it correctly.

Why wouldn't it now, against a side that uses width and will be exposed when we break?

The notion that you cannot go over tested ground is bonkers.  Maybe we should just play 4-3-2-1 forever because that's what we played during our good run?  Zero flexibility in tactics, nothing new to be tried please.  Thank you.

I've reluctantly accepted that those in power at Villa wan't Bruce to be our manager next season, so that's how it will be.

But I really can't stand this slow, hesitant, cautious ant-football.

Steve Bruce, nice guy he may be, is the polar opposite of the type of manager I hoped for when we got a new owner after Lerner.

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Prior to the red it was predominately down our left, three times in quick succession prior to their goal.

Your other comment said it was our right?  It's been both.  Amavi has been woeful defensively.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Why wouldn't it now, against a side that uses width and will be exposed when we break?

The notion that you cannot go over tested ground is bonkers.  Maybe we should just play 4-3-2-1 forever because that's what we played during our good run?  Zero flexibility in tactics, nothing new to be tried please.  Thank you.

The notion that he should try a previously failing formation is not just bonkers, but down right retarded. Worked a treat so far hasn't it?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, bobzy said:

Problem is, when we break we do it at walking speed.

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Where have these ideas come from that he doesn't know his best XI or system? IMO he does and it won us a bunch of games without conceding. 

It's almost as if we played two days ago, have nothing to play for, and he's trying something different when it can't hurt. 

That's how I've become to realise that our fans are not fickle. We lose, Bruce out, we go on a good run, Bruce out.

• Like 2

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Bit disrespectful to our defenders tbh 

It's nothing to do with our defenders.

You could have the best defenders in the world, but when you just sit back and sit back, you're going to concede eventually.

As it is under Bruce, we concede and we don't win. It's far too much pressure on ourselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We played a system that worked for 9(?) away games in a row. We were multiple points clear of 5th, sat in 3rd. 

We buy Heskey, change the system for the hell of it, and we finish 6th.

When you have a system that works, changing it for the sake of it is madness.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It's nothing to do with our defenders.

You could have the best defenders in the world, but when you just sit back and sit back, you're going to concede eventually.

As it is under Bruce, we concede and we don't win. It's far too much pressure on ourselves.

It got us a few results but the way we played, that's all it would ever lead to. I don't believe we'd get enough points over a season playing the way we have. 

• Like 1

Â