Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Sorry, don't we currently sit 10th in the championship. Steve Bruce is currently our manager.

Yeah he's got us going in the right direction but can't help thinking we'd be higher if we weren't playing such turgid drivel.

I've mentioned it on another forum but I do feel SB is carrying the can a bit for the huge mess RDM created...the words I used on the other forum are pretty much the sentence you've just typed....SB can't be that good...we're only 10th in the league.

Yes but let's remember we won the grand total of ONE game in the first 11 under RDM...don't you think we might not be quite up there with the top 2 with a terrible start like that.

SB has done his best since he came in...we're not perfect but we're tough to beat, are winning regularly at VP and for the first time in 5 seasons it feels like we have some momentum.

All your posts last season were wanting to see players fighting in the shirt and doing the basics. We are doing all those things now apart from not being that great on the ball but then again we weren't that pleasing on the eye in the MON days.

Personally I think we'll finish in the play offs. I imagine you think we won't. At the end of the season though unless SB royally f**ks up the play offs I fail to see how RDM can't carry the can for this season. Even just typing that 1 win in 11 phrase has me shaking my head.

Anyway it's New Years eve...I think I need a drink just from these posts!

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

They aren't attacking your opinion either, they are just disagreeing with it because it's a tad odd.

There's disagreeing and then calling me a liar and saying I'm posting for effect.

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

On an Aston Villa forum people are going to assume you've watched the majority of the games. Come on, you know that.

I don't know that at all. I don't think it's a given.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I've mentioned it on another forum but I do feel SB is carrying the can a bit for the huge mess RDM created...the words I used on the other forum are pretty much the sentence you've just typed....SB can't be that good...we're only 10th in the league.

Yes but let's remember we won the grand total of ONE game in the first 11 under RDM...don't you think we might not be quite up there with the top 2 with a terrible start like that.

SB has done his best since he came in...we're not perfect but we're tough to beat, are winning regularly at VP and for the first time in 5 seasons it feels like we have some momentum.

All your posts last season were wanting to see players fighting in the shirt and doing the basics. We are doing all those things now apart from not being that great on the ball but then again we weren't that pleasing on the eye in the MON days.

Personally I think we'll finish in the play offs. I imagine you think we won't. At the end of the season though unless SB royally f**ks up the play offs I fail to see how RDM can't carry the can for this season. Even just typing that 1 win in 11 phrase has me shaking my head.

Anyway it's New Years eve...I think I need a drink just from these posts!

Another sensible view, come on Woodytom we need your support Happy New Year anyway!

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Because of the event. Not the performance.

What about all the hammerings over that period, 15-0 over xmas 2012?

The performances can't have been that great then....

Edit: Reminds me of the Wigan 0-3 game....one of the games I've left the earliest at about the 75th minute mark as we were utterly clueless that day and there was no point in staying. Game I saw "live" so seems to fit the criteria.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Another sensible view, come on Woodytom we need your support Happy New Year anyway!

The team has my support. Been to 3 games in the last month and going to wolves away. 

Just because I give my honest opinion on here it doesn't mean I don't support the team and want the best for the club.

Happy new year. 

Edited by Woodytom

I think saying we're only 10th under him is a bit harsh tbh.

This is the table when he took over....

Team P GD Pts
1   Huddersfield 11 6 25
2   Norwich 11 6 23

3   Newcastle 11 12 22
4   Brighton 11 7 21
5   Bristol City 11 7 20
6   Birmingham 11 5 20

7   Brentford 11 9 18
8   Reading 11 -3 18
9   Sheff Wed 11 -1 17
10   Barnsley 11 5 16
11   Leeds 11 -1 16
12   Wolves 11 1 15
13   QPR 11 -3 15
14   Fulham 11 -3 14
15   Burton 11 0 13
16   Ipswich 11 -1 13
17   Preston 11 -2 13
18   Nottm Forest 11 -3 12
19   Aston Villa 11 -2 10
20   Derby 11 -4 10

When he took over we were 13 points off Norwich and 15 off Huddersfield.

Derby done well also but they're only 4 points better so let's not make out McClaren is doing an amazing job and Bruce an average one....Derby have a very good squad for this level and McClaren managed most of them.

Edited by limpid
fixed formatting

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

i think you did WT i think you're teasing

How did I?

The 8-0 was on sky. I was working. Recorded it.

We went 2-0 down (thought we'd played ok up to that point tbh) and then my gf told me the score and I switched off. 

The 4-0 to spurs. Working again. Didn't record it.

3-0 to Wigan was a 3pm sat kick wasn't it? Didn't see it anyway.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I DIDN'T 'SEE' THEM!!!!!!

Spurs and Chelsea were on TV same as Norwich? Unless you went to Norwich but then I'd assume PNE at 3pm on a Saturday with 5k allocation would be an easier one to get to unless you live down there?

Surely highlights can give a good indication of the batterings we got.

Think I'm all out anyway of debate.

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think saying we're only 10th under him is a bit harsh tbh.

This is the table when he took over....

Team P GD Pts
1   Huddersfield 11 6 25
2   Norwich 11 6 23

3   Newcastle 11 12 22
4   Brighton 11 7 21
5   Bristol City 11 7 20
6   Birmingham 11 5 20

7   Brentford 11 9 18
8   Reading 11 -3 18
9   Sheff Wed 11 -1 17
10   Barnsley 11 5 16
11   Leeds 11 -1 16
12   Wolves 11 1 15
13   QPR 11 -3 15
14   Fulham 11 -3 14
15   Burton 11 0 13
16   Ipswich 11 -1 13
17   Preston 11 -2 13
18   Nottm Forest 11 -3 12
19   Aston Villa 11 -2 10
20   Derby 11 -4 10

When he took over we were 13 points off Norwich and 15 off Huddersfield.

Derby done well also but they're only 4 points better so let's not make out McClaren is doing an amazing job and Bruce an average one....Derby have a very good squad for this level and McClaren managed most of them.

God,i didn't realise we were 10 points behind SHA

• Like 1

Over the last 10 games we're 7th in the form table having picked up 18 points. Of the teams above us in the form charts 5 are placed higher in the league.

Over the last 6 we're 11th picking up 10 points. 

Night and day from the first 10 games of the season.

RL was a shit owner

McL was an abortion

PL broke al kinds of records

TS took us to the bottom of the league eventually relegating us

RG was white-flagged by the board

RDM was shite

What do Ya'll conclude?

AVFC 10th without a MF -> Bruce out?

Â