Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

How can you offer up such a critical viewpoint on pretty much everything Villa related if, as you've just admitted, you barely watched any last year and that you don't watch every game?

Why do you need to watch every game to have a viewpoint? 

I've been told I'm negative over and over again. Yet it's all in arguably the worst period of time for Aston villa. Certainly that Ive witnessed. My sk called negative view can't be so far from the truth as we have barely won a game for five years and sit 10th in the championship having spent 60m.

I get criticised for being OTT regarding Jordan amavi. (Sorry for going OT). Yet twice on the bounce he's arguably the worst player on the pitch. It's really not coincidence. 

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Come on Woodytom I respect your views as i do everyone but if you were at Bradford that night you must know

we had hit rock bottom,I've never been so embarrassed to say i was a Villa fan the day after i just felt bereft,

I wasn't there I watched it on TV. It was bad no doubt but at least we showed something going forward.

My worst 3 would be

Norwich (a) 1-0

Bolton (h) 0-2

Doncaster (a) 3-0

I said a few weeks ago, the result against Bradford was worse than Norwich but the performance imo wasn't.  We didn't even create a chance v Norwich. 

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

The Norwich game was the worst I've ever seen. The Wigan game was as bad as I've seen bar the goal obviously. There's obviously moments where it's exciting (certainly not most of it as you suggest).

If you disagree, fine. I couldn't give a monkeys tbh but don't suggest I'm postin for effect because that's bullshit :thumb:

not losing 8-0 or 7-1 to Chelsea or losing 3-0 to Doncaster or 3-1 to Bradford or getting smashed in an FA Cup final or the last 3 seasons of humiliating performances

but a 1-0 defeat to a team on a par with Aston Villa the worst game you have ever watched

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

No it isn't. It means exactly what it says.  It's the worst I've ever seen.

If you don't want to debate that further.... fine. I'm not bothered. It's something I've spoke in depth about after the game.

Don't see the need to interpret it as the 'worst villa game ever'. Because that is far from what I'm saying.

As has already been said, without knowing every single game you have personally seen the comment means nothing.

The Preston game was much much worse than Norwich.

PNE could've beaten us 5-0 easily and at the time I think they were below us in the league.

Norwich-Villa was your typical bog standard championship....low on quality, played at 100mph etc. It wasn't like Norwich had that many shots anyway.

I'm amazed you seem to be serious with that opinion WT....especially given some of the garbage we've been producing since 2010. Are you confusing Norwich with Rotherham or something? They're struggling but still got a lot of good internationals in their team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Why do you need to watch every game to have a viewpoint? 

I've been told I'm negative over and over again. Yet it's all in arguably the worst period of time for Aston villa. Certainly that Ive witnessed. My sk called negative view can't be so far from the truth as we have barely won a game for five years and sit 10th in the championship having spent 60m.

I get criticised for being OTT regarding Jordan amavi. (Sorry for going OT). Yet twice on the bounce he's arguably the worst player on the pitch. It's really not coincidence. 

Generally speaking when you want to form a well rounded opinion or viewpoint on anything you want to give yourself the best possible chance to do that by having all of the facts or at least experienced as much as you possibly can about the subject, no?

By not watching every match you are instantly limiting that ability and making your point of view weaker IMO.

To say the Norwich game is the worst you've seen is fair enough if you've only ever watched games this season. As you can probably understand though people are going to assume you've watched Villa for much longer than just this season which makes your viewpoint skewed. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

not losing 8-0 or 7-1 to Chelsea or losing 3-0 to Doncaster or 3-1 to Bradford or getting smashed in an FA Cup final or the last 3 seasons of humiliating performances

but a 1-0 defeat to a team on a par with Aston Villa the worst game you have ever watched

Sorry Woodytom but i have to agree with this,Ifelt bad when i walked out of Norwich, I felt crushed when we didn't turn up at Bradford for F****ing semi final

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Norwich was easily the worst this season but anyone who says it's the worst they've ever seen is straight up lying, unless they only started watching us this season. I'm sorry but it is.

PNE surely?

Just looking at the stats from the Norwich game....the Canaries scored 1 goal and had just 3 shots on target.

Preston scored two goals and had 7 shots on target....we were utterly clueless that day and RDM rightly got dismissed the Monday after.

Above all I'm failing to see how a game where the opposition didn't even trouble us that much bar the goal they scored being described as the worst ever. It's a bit like going on BlueMoon and seeing Man. City fans describing tonight as one of their worst ever performances.

Surely games last season when we were letting teams stroll through us and were actively gifting the chances would begin to scratch the surface of worst ever performance.

What about losing 0-4 at home to Man. City reserves in the FA cup last season? Surely for a start that's worse than Norwich?

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

As you can probably understand though people are going to assume you've watched Villa for much longer than just this season which makes your viewpoint skewed. 

Well that's their decision to assume or ask for further confirmation. Instead people are just attacking my opinion suggesting it's not real when it's not. What the **** have I got to gain from saying the Norwich game is the worst I've ever seen? I thought it was utterly dreadful. People see football differently. Interpret football differently. 

I obviously have seen a lot more games than this season but tbh, it took about 30 trips to villa park to see a defeat. 

I've said some positive things about Steve Bruce. He's genuinely grown on me as a man. Found him an irritating word removed before tbh.... and he is getting results. But, having watched 7/8 of the last ten games I'm concerned regarding the performances and don't see how we can possibly continue playing so poorly and end up where we want to be.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Zatman you're bringing back bad memories but you forgot Liverpool 0-6,i don't like to bring it up

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How is that relevant to Steve Bruce?

Sorry, don't we currently sit 10th in the championship. Steve Bruce is currently our manager.

Yeah he's got us going in the right direction but can't help thinking we'd be higher if we weren't playing such turgid drivel.

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I wasn't there I watched it on TV. It was bad no doubt but at least we showed something going forward.

My worst 3 would be

Norwich (a) 1-0

Bolton (h) 0-2

Doncaster (a) 3-0

I said a few weeks ago, the result against Bradford was worse than Norwich but the performance imo wasn't.  We didn't even create a chance v Norwich. 

Norwich are miles better than Bradford though....they have about 7 internationals in their team (Ruddy, Naismith, Bassong, Martin, Hoolahan, Brady, Klose) while Bradford were 10 lower league journeyman and Nakhi Wells.

Surely you need to take into account the quality of opposition aswell....Bradford was a total embarrassment while I forgot about the Norwich result about 24 hours later.

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

Zatman you're bringing back bad memories but you forgot Liverpool 0-6,i don't like to bring it up

sorry :blush:

hopefully 2017 will be different and that crap wont be happening again

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

Sorry, don't we currently sit 10th in the championship. Steve Bruce is currently our manager.

Yeah he's got us going in the right direction but can't help thinking we'd be higher if we weren't playing such turgid drivel.

so who should we have brought in instead of Bruce to get us playing silky football in Championship?

Zola maybe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Well that's their decision to assume or ask for further confirmation. Instead people are just attacking my opinion suggesting it's not real when it's not. What the **** have I got to gain from saying the Norwich game is the worst I've ever seen? I thought it was utterly dreadful. People see football differently. Interpret football differently. 

I obviously have seen a lot more games than this season but tbh, it took about 30 trips to villa park to see a defeat. 

I've said some positive things about Steve Bruce. He's genuinely grown on me as a man. Found him an irritating word removed before tbh.... and he is getting results. But, having watched 7/8 of the last ten games I'm concerned regarding the performances and don't see how we can possibly continue playing so poorly and end up where we want to be.

On an Aston Villa forum people are going to assume you've watched the majority of the games. Come on, you know that.

They aren't attacking your opinion either, they are just disagreeing with it because it's a tad odd. If I said to you that I thought that the Burton Albion game was the best performance I'd ever seen would you not think that was a touch on the crazy side?

You went to 30 Villa home games before you saw a defeat? Starting to see now why you find our current situation so hard to swallow. You were sold a lie.

Edited by sexbelowsound

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Because of the event. Not the performance.

nope the performance against Bradford, being dominated by a League 2 team in 1st leg and then not being able to reverse it in a home game was certainly a shambles

though Lambert did throw on all the strikers on his bench so maybe that entertained you ;)

Â