Next Villa Manager

Richard

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

I hope he doesn't just give it to Clarke 

2 minutes ago, midian said:

I asked the question on the train home from Preston has he ever got off his seat at any game?Never seen him do anything

Its an interesting one, he came on board with some decent pedigree and it was seen as a really strong appointment. Now he is assistant and should be very involved in the squad preparation but maybe he had his hands tied by RDM, maybe his advice was continually ignored. All I care for now is a reaction on the pitch but it will be interesting to see how he fairs.

6 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Me :P. Managing Solrød FC U17 boys, with girls, parties and beers on their minds is a more difficult task than managing AVFC. Only loss they had, i wasnt managing them...haha

Table.png

Plus 31 GD!! any chance you good loan us a striker or two? our ones seem to have some accuracy issues

Edited by Bomvilla7

1 minute ago, RaptureJames said:

We are actually lucky theres a few (what i would consider anyway) decent managers available at this time

Yes I agreee. Roy Hodge, Steve Bruce, Big Sam all potentially available (although probably out of reach for us).

I think out of those available Woy would be the outstanding candidate!

Plays football the right way, bags of experience and done a decent job where ever hes gone.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

I wish for once we'd show ambition and go all out for someone already in a job, instead of fishing around the dregs of those out of work.

Its a worry that some people think its that simple.

For example, we call Eddie Howe "Hi Eddie, we'd like it very much if we could meet and discuss the new exciting era at Aston Villa and we'd like very much for you to be a part of it".

EH "thanks very much, I'm flattered to be called but I'm not currently looking to move roles.

Its going to be the case with any decent manager in a job, nothing to do with "showing ambition".

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

If he thinks promotion is still achievable then first of all he's a bit deluded but he will look to make a quick appointment

Its looking doubtful at this stage but there's no way Dr T will give up on it.

12 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Me :P. Managing Solrød FC U17 boys, with girls, parties and beers on their minds is a more difficult task than managing AVFC. Only loss they had, i wasnt managing them...haha

Table.png

You think so?

29A025D200000578-3124002-Pictures_have_emerged_on_Twitter_of_Jack_Grealish_sprawled_on_th-m-96_1434327791379.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its a worry that some people think its that simple.

For example, we call Eddie Howe "Hi Eddie, we'd like it very much if we could meet and discuss the new exciting era at Aston Villa and we'd like very much for you to be a part of it".

EH "thanks very much, I'm flattered to be called but I'm not currently looking to move roles.

Its going to be the case with any decent manager in a job, nothing to do with "showing ambition".

Aye, but there will be good managers at clubs throughout the footballing world, doing well, for whom Villa (even in our current state) are a step up. Obviously bagging a current premier league manager is highly unlikely.

31 minutes ago, KHV said:

Whoever gets the job has got a pretty thankless task until the January window. I feel sorry for whoever has to work with this crap squad

Couldn't disagree more with this. I personally think we've got a very good Championship squad, if we pick the correct players and formation and get organised.

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

McCarthy would be a disaster, ask any Wolves fans 

He really wouldnt.  We need a manager who can get the team playing with a bit of physicality and take not sh1t.  Also i don't want to see another Scottish manager  or caretaker manager or coach at Villa as long as i live.