Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

4 mins of injury time granted, converted 9 mins into injury time, that sure is a dramatic way to end a game and upset Malmo at home. 

Blaranderna go top (my chosen Swedish team too), halfway point of the season reached. DIF, Malmo, AIK, Elfsborg all within 4 points... There sure is a lotta green in that form table there. 

image.png.ea6f3c4fa3fc5b5f0ebf6daded6f5599.png

Damn, look at the state of Ostersund, they got knocked out of the cup tonight to the Bromma boys too... 

Malmö won 2-0 against Lodugorets in the first CL play off game. If they reach the group stages they'll earn more money than the 2nd richest club in the Allsvenskan (IFK Norrköping) or the bottom 11 richest clubs combined have in capital. Even if they don't win a single game.

Cheers Sne! 

I cannot find any highlights on YT at all, just utter Twa-- posting PES / Fifa highlights and passing it off as actual highlights. So, the away leg to come on Tuesday and then it is on to the group stages where I presume the bulk of non MFFers wouldn't mind seeing (if they can hold the lead away) them getting grouped with the likes of say Bayern, Barcelona and some random team in eastern Russia or somewhere! Still though, dizzy heights for some of those lads regardless. Really is a massive achievement thus far though. I did see this video though and thought that's some welcome from the Ultras for the Malmo team coach... I wonder how the opposition were greeted. 

And yeah when you look at it like that, the group participation payments / TV rights money is crazy good for Malmo but incredibly disproportionate when compared to the earning capacity / current operating wealth of the other clubs combined. I should imagine that a few of those lads will have the day off on Saturday then, wrapped in cotton wool pending the away leg. Sure they're rich and scoop up a lot of the money domestically and potentially in CL group stage too only boosts that. It will widen the gap between other teams and parity for sure. Still though, fair play. And bigger, elite teams getting drawn with them might be chuffed to get drawn with Malmo but never a good thing to underestimate an underdog.  

• Like 1

image.png.4de49671ee3fd2e7d3d90732d1b2f6b6.pngimage.png.4968d8b55d142f5e99d930564fee7943.pngBig one tonight for MFFers! Found these stats on website source:  https://footystats.org/europe/pfc-ludogorets-1945-razgrad-vs-malmo-ff-h2h-stats

Also this game is on UK telly at 745pm BT Sport 2 I think, so I'll have a look during the Barrow game! I'll say good luck, but quietly! Bookies odds heavily favour the Bulgarians. But then, how many times have Malmo been the underdog thus far... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Why it's a silly idea to have a month long league break in the middle of the summer when the pitches are at their best and the weather is nice. You end up with this when the league is about to be decided..

Östersund play their games on a plastic doormat so thankfully you can drive a tractor on it.

19 hours ago, sne said:

Why it's a silly idea to have a month long league break in the middle of the summer when the pitches are at their best and the weather is nice. You end up with this when the league is about to be decided..

Östersund play their games on a plastic doormat so thankfully you can drive a tractor on it.

Could play through the summer and then have a break in the winter or all go and play somewhere warm like the Middle East :trollface:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming second on goal-difference suuuuuuuucks. The top 3 have been alternating positions until the very bitter end. Djurgarden being the biggest losers in this, dropping the second to last game against no-hopers

tee-hee-hee-evil-laugh.gif

BRCpt8E.png

• Sad 1

Just now, Tegis said:

Coming second on goal-difference suuuuuuuucks. The top 3 have been alternating positions until the very bitter end. Djurgarden being the biggest losers in this, dropping the second to last game against no-hopers

tee-hee-hee-evil-laugh.gif

BRCpt8E.png

so goddam close...

at least we topped järnkaminen

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, sne said:

Not my team but this is impressive as usual from Hammarby

One of best and surprising atmospheres I have been

Pity they lost to Häcken when I went 😂

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

One of best and surprising atmospheres I have been

Pity they lost to Häcken when I went 😂

Yeah they are fantastic at creating atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing some better videos from the march to the stadium before the game. My buddies lives on Götgatan and it's pretty much a hundreds and hundreds of meters green wall of people.

• 3 months later...

On 11/07/2022 at 22:15, Keener window-cleaner said:

As we are shopping around in the Swedish national team, is there any one else there you would like us to sign? I bet most clubs would fancy having Alexander Isak, but apart from him?

To carry on from the transfer thread I think Sweden has a couple young-ish players who are promising but perhaps not yet PL ready at the level we want to be.

Svanberg, Cajuste, Jesper Karlsson, Gabriel Gudmundsson, Elanga are all already in the senior side for Sweden and not far away. Wålemark is also an interesting young attacker.

The really interesting one is Roony Bardghji. 16 y.o kid who's already a somewhat regular starter for FC Copenhagen in Denmark. He's special and will absolutely be branded "the next Zlatan" but you never know with young players.

There is also the guys from that Brommapojkarna 06 team that's been dominating world football in their age group. Sure some of those guys will turn out good players. And I'm sure there are a bunch I'm forgetting or haven't heard about :D 

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, sne said:

Congratz on the title @Zatman 👍

Absolutely nuts for Häcken to win the league. With a manager who had almost become a laughing stock in his native Norway. What a fairytale. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Congratz on the title @Zatman 👍

I am OIS 😉 Hacken was my old local team when living there so i do like them

Probably deserved over last few seasons though a lot of bitterness today from other fan clubs over how Hacken get the money

• Like 1

Â