Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

The quality isn't great in comparison to the rest of Europe but cant fault the drama. Shame that Degerfors are relegated and I hope BP and Mellberg stay up. IFK Göteborg deserve to go down but obviously hope they don't.

Last round will be fun. Be surprised if the game tomorrow between IFK and AIK is not abandoned at least a couple times and then followed by riots.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Be surprised if the game tomorrow between IFK and AIK is not abandoned at least a couple times and then followed by riots.

This game is always stupid in some way or other

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 20:42, Tegis said:

This game is always stupid in some way or other

And yes, on point, lets burn some kids 

Still, 1-1 and AIK are safe

6c729734-2bc9-45cb-9479-1f5a8d6bd00a?fit

All to play for today in the final round, both at the top and to avoid the relegation play off.

2nd placed Malmö FF play top of the table Elfsborg in Malmö for the gold.

Currently the worst side in the league IFK Göteborg play already relegated Varberg away and Olof Mellberg and his BP play a  Häcken side (with nothing to play for and both CB's injured) who will be rotating ahead of their European cup game. Both the gold and the relegation play off is difficult to call IMO. Obviously I want IFK to stay up even thou they deserve to go down. Also want BP to stay up and either club should beat fairy tale side Utsikten in the play off. But you never know.

Don't really care who wins the gold but guess I go with Malmö since they at least play on grass. It's a real issue and highlighted with Häcken players this week complaining about having a disadvantage having to play on grass in Europe instead of their usual door mat they play on in the league. Plastic pitches needs to be banned unless there is a real climate excuse for it like in the most norther parts of Sweden. 

# Club   W D L Goals +/- Pts
1   IF Elfsborg Elfsborg 29 20 4 5 59:25 34 64
2   Malmö FF Malmö FFSwedish cup winner 2022 29 19 4 6 61:27 34 61
3   BK Häcken HäckenSwedish Champion 2022 29 18 3 8 68:37 31 57
4   Djurgårdens IF Djurgården 29 15 5 9 40:34 6 50
5   IFK Värnamo Värnamo 29 14 3 12 36:31 5 45
6   Hammarby IF Hammarby 29 11 10 8 39:37 2 43
7   Kalmar FF Kalmar FF 29 12 6 11 33:39 -6 42
8   IFK Norrköping Norrköping 29 12 5 12 45:43 2 41
9   IK Sirius Sirius 29 11 6 12 49:44 5 39
10   Mjällby AIF Mjällby AIF 29 11 5 13 30:33 -3 38
11   Halmstads BK Halmstads BK  29 9 8 12 28:42 -14 35
12   AIK Solna AIK 29 8 9 12 31:37 -6 33
13   IFK Göteborg IFK Göteborg 29 7 10 12 31:36 -5 31
14   IF Brommapojkarna Brommapojkarna Swedish 2nd division champion 2022 29 9 3 17 38:52 -14 30
15   Degerfors IF Degerfors 29 7 5 17 29:60 -31 26
16   Varbergs BoIS Varbergs BoIS 29 3 6 20 25:65 -40 15

https://www.transfermarkt.com/allsvenskan/tabelle/wettbewerb/SE1/saison_id/2022

Well, you have to hand it to Allsvenskan. It ain't great but it's a great spectacle. 

IFK Göteborg needing to win due to BP and Melbberg winning manages to blast a penalty over the bar in the 89th minute but then scored the winner in the 95th to stay up. BP headed to the play off.

The game for the gold between Malmö and Elfsborg was abandoned at HT  due to the fire alarm going off in the stadium when Elfsborg fans setting fire to the net behind the goal. 2nd half just started after more than an hour delay.

Controversial end to the season with Malmö winning the gold after being awarded a dubious penalty in a 50/50 situation and Elfsborg denied a penalty when a Malmö defender held on to a Elfsborg player to the point that he dragged the jersey off him.

Home advantage I guess.  

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That’s a disgrace, someone must have had a large stuffed brown envelope 

Dont know if this is geo blocked, but the malmo penalty was soooooft (No VAR in Allsvenskan)

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 20:25, Tegis said:

Dont know if this is geo blocked, but the malmo penalty was soooooft (No VAR in Allsvenskan)

No contact either from what I can see.

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No contact either from what I can see.

There looks like there's contact, but the foul is by the Malmo player, not on him. He gets there second and kicks the other players boot.

Given the shirt pull wasn't given then you have to assume there's either bribery or bias going on with that ref.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great start so far for Olof Mellberg and his BP in the first of two relegation play-off games. They are 4-0 up at HT away to Utsikten and has looked rather good, especially in transition.

He's also among the names being mentioned for the vacant Swedish national side manager role. I hope we go with someone else but shows he's been doing OK. They have been playing better than the results show this season from what I've seen. Hope they stay up.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So according to the gossip the next Sweden (men) national side manager will be current Australia women side manager Tony Gustavsson. Apparently it's all done but has not been shared through the media yet.

Remains to be seen if it's true but that's what I've heard from a few different sources. Not sure how I feel about that one but it fits in with what the Swedish FA would go for.

Meanwhile the papers are running stories about Olof Mellberg being interviewed for the job. I could see him coming in as an assistant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Media now saying Mellberg is the favorite to take over as Sweden manager. Guess Tony Gustavsson turned them down just like the previous couple names they asked.

Mellberg really hasn't done anything of note as a manager so would be a monumental gamble but he does fit in with how the Swedish FA works so wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â