Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Love having these big games back. Im in the office today and it is all people talk about.

So as for the culture surrounding this match. Out of interest then...

• Is this on normal Swedish TV / a part of a satellite / PPV subscription? I presume this is box-office high demand with the buzz today 
  • Despite rivalries, will Swedish football fans in general be backing Malmo tonight? 

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

• Is this on normal Swedish TV / a part of a satellite / PPV subscription? I presume this is box-office high demand with the buzz today 
  • Despite rivalries, will Swedish football fans in general be backing Malmo tonight? 

Last part is definitely not true unless a neutral 

1 minute ago, Midfielder said:

It is on a streaming site of one of the biggest newspapers, Sportbladet. Guess the rights are too expensive for any TV-station. Usually like this before the "real" tournament starts.

It is a big game for us living in Skåne and for those of us in exile.

Don't think we are supported by other teams. They are jealous ;)

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Last part is definitely not true unless a neutral 

Much like here then. I wouldn't be bothered one bit how Man City / Liverpool / Chelsea did in European competition or any final which sounds hypocritical for me as a patriot. Football does that!

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

It is on a streaming site of one of the biggest newspapers, Sportbladet. Guess the rights are too expensive for any TV-station. Usually like this before the "real" tournament starts.

It is a big game for us living in Skåne and for those of us in exile.

Don't think we are supported by other teams. They are jealous ;)

I guess also it is tricky what with Euro tv rights / price / platform. It is a shame things are so fragmented all round and that we can't just watch UK games on normal telly and you guys too.

I should imagine! Only a few hours to go. Also... so, I just caught up and watched this below. Jumps straight into the second half, good goals and everyone will recognise the third scorer for sure. Three good goals in this game. Malmo's second, that finish, was more clinical and precise than nanosurgery. Superb first too, hardcore finish. 1pm , I'm off to lunch.

Good luck for later! So, get past Rangers and a playoff awaits (2 leg).

Youtube of first leg. 

• Thanks 1

Finances in Swedish football is almost as screwed as in France where Malmö FF are just as far ahead of the rest as PSG are in Ligue 1. Difference of course is that Malmö have earned their money through players sales and playing in Europe while PSG  are state owned.

Malmö getting into the CL would cement this even more but the sad thing is that they still can't really compete with the likes of FC Copenhagen OR Midtjylland in Denmark

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Finances in Swedish football is almost as screwed as in France where Malmö FF are just as far ahead of the rest as PSG are in Ligue 1. Difference of course is that Malmö have earned their money through players sales and playing in Europe while PSG  are state owned.

Malmö getting into the CL would cement this even more but the sad thing is that they still can't really compete with the likes of FC Copenhagen OR Midtjylland in Denmark

Its the same in Ireland, clubs earn big money which is fair but then rest of league is ****. Interesting if conference league amends finances

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Much like here then. I wouldn't be bothered one bit how Man City / Liverpool / Chelsea did in European competition or any final which sounds hypocritical for me as a patriot. Football does that!

I'd go further and say that supporting Villa, one of the few English teams to have won the big cup, makes me actively pray for the failure of English teams in Europe. **** them all :D 

• Like 1

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. So let me get this straight.

1st half. Rangers went ahead. In injury time Malmo go down to ten men. The score is 2-2 on aggregate (away goals don't count) at half time.

What the hell did Tomasson say at half time 🤯

2nd half - Malmo score two... the score is 4-2 on aggregate and it's in injury time, I have only managed to tune in to the radio coverage for the end... this match sounds crazy.

This was already an underdog story in the making.... there is going to be a lot of ahem "reaction" to this in Scotland.

Congrats to the MFF:are! 

EDIT: from BBC

NEW
Posted at 21:5221:52

FULL-TIME - Rangers 1-2 Malmo (2-4 agg)

Rangers crash out of the Champions League qualifiers against 10-man Malmo.

A masterclass from the Swedish side in how to play a man down for 45 minutes.

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

Well done Malmo, brilliant second half  especially after the play acting by Goldson to get the Malmo lad sent off.  GIRFUY Sevco and SG.

Most of the rest of Scotland were right behind you. 👍

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

Well done Malmo, brilliant second half  especially after the play acting by Goldson to get the Malmo lad sent off.  GIRFUY Sevco and SG.

Most of the rest of Scotland were right behind you. 👍

I've just seen some terribly edited highlights on Youtube not worth posting until a more official source does, but you're right, that was a disgrace from Goldson, it looked like Goldson himself was the one who committed any foul at all, it was his foot down the lad's leg, yet play acted as if he was the victim. That's a real unjust sending off that. Some karma in the result maybe. 

Bit of a shocker that scoreline. Two clear goals on aggregate, secured away, and from being ten men down, and already the underdogs going in to the game in front of a baying, full Ibrox. That is no fluke, a deserved victory it seems. 

The Malmo lads on here are probably phoning in sick tomorrow! Enjoy! Dizzy heights! Onto the playoffs.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. So let me get this straight.

1st half. Rangers went ahead. In injury time Malmo go down to ten men. The score is 2-2 on aggregate (away goals don't count) at half time.

What the hell did Tomasson say at half time 🤯

2nd half - Malmo score two... the score is 4-2 on aggregate and it's in injury time, I have only managed to tune in to the radio coverage for the end... this match sounds crazy.

This was already an underdog story in the making.... there is going to be a lot of ahem "reaction" to this in Scotland.

Congrats to the MFF:are! 

EDIT: from BBC

NEW
Posted at 21:5221:52

FULL-TIME - Rangers 1-2 Malmo (2-4 agg)

Rangers crash out of the Champions League qualifiers against 10-man Malmo.

A masterclass from the Swedish side in how to play a man down for 45 minutes.

I dont think its a shock at all

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont think its a shock at all

Yeah, Rangers is a club I expect Malmö to beat 7-8 out of 10 times.

Olympiacos next should not be impossible either.

Another player retiring from the Swedish national side, Pontus Jansson this time. Been quite the exodus after the Euro's with Berg, Lustig, Larsson, Granqvist, G Svensson and now Jansson.

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Another player retiring from the Swedish national side, Pontus Jansson this time. Been quite the exodus after the Euro's with Berg, Lustig, Larsson, Granqvist, G Svensson and now Jansson.

Yes but he is crap, hardly a loss

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but he is crap, hardly a loss

Don't rate him either but it's not like Sweden has a plethora of talented CB's to choose from behind Lindelöf. Danielsson is 32 and then it's Helander, Holmén and Starfelt. All 3 playing for terrible sides in terrible leagues (Rangers, Rizespor, Celtic). Is a shame that the most talented young Swedish CB Ahmedhodzic opted to play for Bosnia

Â