Football Manager 2017

V01

7 hours ago, Midfielder said:

You sir, are not only in for a treat of fulfilling gaming pleasure, but you are now due some sick-time from work. I do not know what you do, or where you work, but that does not matter. Get through tomorrow, play over the weekend, and by Monday morning be ready to phone in with The Brads (Brad Pitss- The sh-ts). That, is an instant 48 hours off (D+V) no need to fake a voice, just go for the detail, or go for food poisoning (3-5 days off). Basically my friend, get ready to start making excuses becausewhen you get into it, you will realise it was the right decision.

@Xela you are next my son, you know you want to. UNTIL THEN, WELCOME HORNSO:

50227684.jpg

Thanks for your helpful posts Midfielder. I've already stored them away for some nightime reading. Now the big question, do I start as Villa, a big club in a top division or jump right into LLM?

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Thanks for your helpful posts Midfielder. I've already stored them away for some nightime reading. Now the big question, do I start as Villa, a big club in a top division or jump right into LLM?

Personally I'd say do the Villa one second. Nice to get a feel for it in a sort of test game. Also you'll see who buys who and for how much. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Personally I'd say do the Villa one second. Nice to get a feel for it in a sort of test game. Also you'll see who buys who and for how much. 

Agreed, use your very first save to experiment and observe how the world around you revolves. I couldn't bare being a failure at my beloved Villa in a very first save. I got to Villa by January 2019 having started at Luton, and transition to Leeds.

Not everyone will agree, but starting lower down helps you learn more about organising your team, and scouting for lower cost players to fill slots. It teaches you a lot about managing your budget. And it will be your ONLY chance to win the amazing Checkertrade Trophy (sic).

• Like 2

@Hornso hey mate don't do villa first IMO. Its actually not that easy a gig and if you fail (like I did, twice) it makes you feel sad. Have a play around and enjoy and learn from a couple of other saves before taking villa. Like @NurembergVillan I have used an adaptation of @Midfielder tactic and it really does very well. Just my thoughts but I am much more serious when I'm villa and get more upset about results (just read back a few pages) so I am having fun with Sampdoria at the moment. 

• Like 2

@Hornso

one thing just came to mind. Jesus Christ the amount of times I've done this error over the years:

theres an option in settings, to turn attribute masking off. Some like it on some don't. I don't. I can't stand the thing. As the name suggests, it withholds stats from being visible until you've scouted them. Which in a way adds some realism. But anyway, if you are the type to not like that being on, turn that off before you start your save. In the past I have painfully spent ages doing the setup on day one then got to the point I wanted to look at other players outside the club and dammit I've left attribute masking on. 

I would also recommend having a thorough look at the settings I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it shows basic settings and you can press to reveal advanced settings. 

I like my heights and weights listed in Ft and inches and my distances shown in miles! 

• Like 3

The FM Cup... has anyone seen this? I'd never go for it but just throwing it out there. We should send @Daniel !

"The journey of the FM Cup lended it legitimacy. The organisers went on a tour of the country, holding finals up and down the United Kingdom to find the four best Football Manager players to compete in the grand final."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/esports/article-4477442/Why-Football-Manager-soon-spectator-sport.html

Cherno Samba making an appearance ! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Ah, he hasn't risen to the bait I see. Can I just bring to this threads attention that Mr @Xela owns a PC or a Mac, has expressed a previous interest back many many pages in this thread, has a love of football, played the original versions back in the day, may/ may not have spare time ( but who cares if he hasn't got the time, FM TELLS YOU WHEN YOU YOUR TIME IS SPARE). This lad Hornso has done the right thing, listening to the voice within. He knows now. This isn't a cult, and sure there are more productive ways to spend time...

but to be honest, of all the bills I pay, and products we all buy..... 30 notes on FM every year is great value for money for the enjoyment you get out of it. And hours. 

If he is put off by how expansive it is, since he last played, well that's what this thread is for. And Google. 

I think this man Xela needs sorting out to be honest. Like with an intervention. 

Hi mate. Sorry for the late reply. When you posted last night I was sitting on the floor of a retail car park in Oldham shovelling a KFC Zinger box meal into my face. True story. I made a right mess and they never provided any napkins or those baby wipe clean up towels. How am I meant to clean the mayo and sweet chilli sauce off my hands? Let stray cats lick it off? Anyway, I digress, i've yet to succumb to the allure of FM. One day though. I feel like Tommy in Trainspotting watching all his mates do smack until eventually relenting one day and doing it. Like Tommy, I would end up in a faeces smeared flat while dying of AIDS after a 'bad hit'. Or whatever the FM equivalent of that was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Hi mate. Sorry for the late reply. When you posted last night I was sitting on the floor of a retail car park in Oldham shovelling a KFC Zinger box meal into my face. True story. I made a right mess and they never provided any napkins or those baby wipe clean up towels. How am I meant to clean the mayo and sweet chilli sauce off my hands? Let stray cats lick it off? Anyway, I digress, i've yet to succumb to the allure of FM. One day though. I feel like Tommy in Trainspotting watching all his mates do smack until eventually relenting one day and doing it. Like Tommy, I would end up in a faeces smeared flat while dying of AIDS after a 'bad hit'. Or whatever the FM equivalent of that was. 

I haven't had a KFC in years now I am thinking that's on the cards. Not a fan of the Zinger myself more a Boneless Banquet chap, that gravy , dammmmmmn. 

You will for the next version. Even if it's a bit of the old Ludovico technique in person like Alex deLarge in a clockwork orange. Leave you a hand free for the mouse but straight jacket and eyelid clips , necessities. 

The FM equivalent isn't anything that drastic. The worst it gets is holding off going for a piss, but you have a million things in game to do and you're in that autopilot mode of not even having to think, click click play game etc , then the urge gets more and more to the point you literally just forget to piss completely, and the pain evaporates and you keep drinking more and more liquids having forgotten the tanks are full.

Then actually deciding to take a break and thinking I was meant to do something, can't remember what... then wander casually into the bog and unleash five litres worth with such sudden unexpected pressure release that your purple veined hooligan is flailing about the place, piss going up the wall , back of the seat where it's a fker to clean, all up the bog rolls, shoes, everywhere like a fireman dropping the hose and it going nuts like a possessed pissing cobra as you fight to regain control. 

No aids, just yellow toilet paper for the next time you curl one off, which similarly, gets held off to the point your turtle head is threatening to autograph your boxers. 

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

hahah! Check the guy who wrote his tactic down word for word on that bit on paper.

Yep, I'm a pen and paperer too. Didn't realise there were things like that for FM but I'd get my ass whooped as they say, those guys are probably the real deal. Like playing chess with that Kasparov dude

The transfer fees in my game are slowly creeping up. Stoke, United and Newcastle both have big money (Newcastle with the tycoon takeover).

trans.png

On 06/05/2017 at 18:12, Daniel said:

The transfer fees in my game are slowly creeping up. Stoke, United and Newcastle both have big money (Newcastle with the tycoon takeover).

trans.png

My game sees Forest paying Depay £165k p/w after one season in the Prem.

Is it just sampdoria or is it normal for Italian teams to have over 40 players out on loan. 

Its worrying me as I have no room to move in my wage budget and I really don't want them to come back at the end of the season. 

Usually one thing I'm very good at is my finances. Regularly get above 80% in the first season or so. I'm below 50% currently. Making it hard to offer players new contracts, think about possible signings or release players who I deem not good enough. 

Also another thing I haven't experienced before in FM is I have ManU, Arsenal, Valencia and a German team (forget who) all trying to buy a 16 year old and 17 year old. Its pretty exciting determined to hold on to them. Have already sold a high quality 18 yr old keeper for 1mill but that's only because I also have a 16 yr old keeper who was even better. Really enjoying this side of the game as there is massive potential for the future. 

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Is it just sampdoria or is it normal for Italian teams to have over 40 players out on loan. 

normal, they dont have a reserve league, they have U19s and the loan system, i think the co-ownership nonsense has stopped at least

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:45, Midfielder said:

I haven't had a KFC in years now I am thinking that's on the cards. Not a fan of the Zinger myself more a Boneless Banquet chap, that gravy , dammmmmmn. 

You will for the next version. Even if it's a bit of the old Ludovico technique in person like Alex deLarge in a clockwork orange. Leave you a hand free for the mouse but straight jacket and eyelid clips , necessities. 

The FM equivalent isn't anything that drastic. The worst it gets is holding off going for a piss, but you have a million things in game to do and you're in that autopilot mode of not even having to think, click click play game etc , then the urge gets more and more to the point you literally just forget to piss completely, and the pain evaporates and you keep drinking more and more liquids having forgotten the tanks are full.

Then actually deciding to take a break and thinking I was meant to do something, can't remember what... then wander casually into the bog and unleash five litres worth with such sudden unexpected pressure release that your purple veined hooligan is flailing about the place, piss going up the wall , back of the seat where it's a fker to clean, all up the bog rolls, shoes, everywhere like a fireman dropping the hose and it going nuts like a possessed pissing cobra as you fight to regain control. 

No aids, just yellow toilet paper for the next time you curl one off, which similarly, gets held off to the point your turtle head is threatening to autograph your boxers. 

Welly-welly-welly-welly-well... right-right-right?

Never underestimate the power of FM to sharpen you up for a bit of ultra-violence... and for a bit of the old, 'in out-in out...'

Cue the speeded up William Tell overture while scouting for players.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Welly-welly-welly-welly-well... right-right-right?

Never underestimate the power of FM to sharpen you up for a bit of ultra-violence... and for a bit of the old, 'in out-in out...'

Cue the speeded up William Tell overture while scouting for players.

Also fellow Droog can I say this. Ultraviolence is an employable tactic in FM. 

How Midfielder ?

closing down - always

tackling - hard 

marking - tight 

pressing - hell yeah

oh and TARGET OPPOSITION PLAYER

24th minute - "X has suffered an injury, it looks serious, Birmingham city substitution....."

midfielder, how do you reply to Harry Redknapps claims about your teams physicality?

i think it's nonsense , he simply "met with an accident"

• Like 1

On 06/05/2017 at 18:12, Daniel said:

trans.png

Damn, talk about inflation. I think the most in my Torino save was about 65m , what year is that save game in?

Think I have found a tactic that works for me, and what's more exciting is a started it from scratch. 

Its a defensive one but I needed it bring sampdoria and the owners being complete tight asses. 

4-1-3-2 is the go, can't give more info right now as I'm at work and am currently the only baker who bothered to show up on time. So back to making pies I go. 

I took your advice on board and started a game as Leyton Orient, but then I figured I might not have too much time to play so I figured I'd play as Villa as I have prior knowledge of the squad.

Turned the first transfer window off and commenced an overhaul of the staff.

Have just finished pre-season, wish me luck for the real stuff.

• Like 1

Â