Sunglasses

trimandson

Sun Glasses.... Should I buy some this year, or risk going blind until September again?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Sun Glasses.... Should I buy some this year, or risk going blind until September again?

• Buy them you fool!
    • No no no, you'll look like a fool!

Simple enough, never wore sunglasses in my life, but Im sick and tired of squinting at everyone at bbqs and the like.

I have toyed with the idea of getting some sunglasses with a month or so, but every time I decide to start looking for some, I see someone like this....

tossers

...and can't help but think I'd look like a knob.

So, simple enough, sunglasses, yes or no?

Hate the things myself. Remember working in Brixton where 'geezers' would be driving around in the sun in their open topped beemers, with their shades perched 'coolly' on the top of their head. They'd then come into the shop with them covering their eyes... rocket polishers.

Anyway, I bought some that are bearable and I only wear them when I have no choice. They protect your eyeballs and stop you getting crows feet at the corners when you get older.

I used believe that they were for tossers too. Then I moved on to the idea of wearing them when it was hot, rather than just when it was sunny. Then I moved to Europe and realised that when the sun shines, the shades go on. Even if it's freezing. You only get one set of eyes, and you have to look after them.

You wouldn't not wear a condom because it looked silly.

PS Buy Ray Bans, because they're good.

Condoms don't protect your eyes very well though NV...

I never used to wear them because of having to wear glasses, prescription ones were just too expensive, now I wear contacts a bit more I use them quite a lot, I have a couple of pairs of replica Oakleys (C-wire and A-wire, not the skiing type wrap around ones, they look rediculous) and they're invaluable really when it gets bright.

That's 2 days a year in this country then.

My x-frames were 180 quid. Same as my t-wires. The e-wires and the plastics were cheaper. Prices have probably fallen over the last few years.

I like Oakley's becuse I can wear them for hours without noticing. I can only wear my Ray-Bans for an hour before they get annoying.

You can get Oakleys with presciption lenses on the high street.

I wouldnt pay more than about £80 for some shades.

I was looking in town the other day, and they were asking closer to £200 for some Oakleys. **** that.

My Glastonbury Sunglasses will be petrol station specials. Cos i know ill break them. Or lose them. Or break them then lose them.

My replicas were $15... ;)

As Rev suggested though it depends on the usage, if you're likely to lose them / sit on them / eat them then just pop down to Boots and get a simple pair, they have some reasonable ones in there that dont look too crap for about £20.

just bought 2 pairs myself.

both look ok and both cost about £15 each.

don't see the point in spending shed loads of money on something that you'll wear 5 times a year or when driving your car.....

How much would a decent pair of relatively-stylish-but-not-too-wanky sunglasses set me back?

Get some from Poundland, they've got enough choice so you can find some that don't make you look like a tosser, and only cost £1 (surprisingly)

Two weeks ago I got contact lenses! (first time in years that I don't have to wear prescription glasses)

One of the first things I did was buy a pair of sunglasses and bugger me backwards with a jackhammer... didn't they make a difference!

Buy them you fool!

Buy them!!

... on a side issue...

I was driving down the road the other day and a cop pulled me over. He said: "Your licence requires to wear glasses when driving Sir"...

I said: "I've got contacts"

He said: "I don't care who you know... you're coming down to the station"

Guest RantinRob

£100 for sunglasses?

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

£7.99 is MORE than enough

Oakley by name Oakley by nature. Because Oakley is my second name i only buy the best. My current pair are going through my 3rd summer now and are well worth the £135 i payed for then, and they still look spanking.

Exactly, Rantin!

I say go out and get yourself a Gucci in disguise. I quite like me red ones with the red tint...click the thumbnail to check them out further.

($5 in Chicago)

chig20169dz.th.jpg

duuuude... they´re cool. i used to have some orange-red coloured shades by oakley and i had black flys too. mind you i had bleached and subsequently dyed auburn red hair as well.

i must admit i´m wearing my shades a lot in the car lately, esp on long drives. merry hill is really easy to barter... 3 for £12 i think they were! mind you it's a bugger at nighttime...

Â