Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Something is definitely going on, it probably has something to do with redeveloping VP, it could be that they think we need a new stadium to push on. You can't rule anything out, they've contradicted themselves in the past regarding the North Stand and other areas surrounding the club, so who knows. 

I highly doubt it will be a new stadium though, there hasn't been a single rumour of a potential site for one and they aren't just going to come out of the blue and say 'oh we're building a stadium here, we just haven't told anyone'. 

We will surely hear something about this before the summer, I'd guess it will be to do with the North Stand and nothing else, but maybe they have bigger ideas and want to redevelop other stands too. 

I'm just glad the owners appear all in, we won't get better owners than the ones we have, you just get the sense they know exactly what they're doing. 

There would be plenty of good reasons why they wouldn't admit to looking at potential venues for a new stadium.  I am sure that the "cost" of sites capable of housing a PL stadium and all the services it requires would increase significantly if landowners in the area knew that Villa's billionaire owners were considering options.  Much better to deny everything, put out some feelers from an apparently unconnected third party and try and get a full understanding of the actual value of each site prior to starting proper negotiations.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Or maybe they just want trusted people on a board.

Yeah but none of those trusted people are sports / marketing people.  They're all in infrastructure.  It might be a huge coincidence - but it seems odd that their expertise is concentrated so much in one area...

• Like 1

I think given the way we do things out of the limelight if they were working on something they’d be NDA’s galore in place to restrict any leaks. I’d also expect if they were thinking of building a new stadium then someone like Manica, BIG, or Populous would be used and we would see definitive designs of the finished proposal and not some speculative pie in the sky, “I don’t know if we’re going to go with the spaceship look, but I think it gives you a strong idea of what our intent is.”  BS rendering ala SHA. 

IMG_9837.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Yes which by accident all are related to people with construction companies, funding investments and real estate project leaders.

In fairness, "people with construction companies, funding investments and real estate project leaders" is Wes and Nassif - it's natural that the people they bring in would reflect the business's they own. I think there's a bit more than adding trusted figures to the board going on, this is a team that have been brough together to do something, we just can't say for sure what something is going to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I think given the way we do things out of the limelight if they were working on something they’d be NDA’s galore in place to restrict any leaks. I’d also expect if they were thinking of building a new stadium then someone like Manica, BIG, or Populous would be used and we would see definitive designs of the finished proposal and not some speculative pie in the sky, “I don’t know if we’re going to go with the spaceship look, but I think it gives you a strong idea of what our intent is.”  BS rendering ala SHA. 

IMG_9837.jpeg

What an incredible stadium render. Looks like it was created by Bing AI: and proceeds to cut out half of the stadium...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Atairos are a fund founded by a sports/marketng company.

Yeah - I should have said none of the new people (given that Atairos option makes sense as they've just become minority owners in VSports).  The other names have come out of nowhere in terms of known official links to our club.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, "people with construction companies, funding investments and real estate project leaders" is Wes and Nassif - it's natural that the people they bring in would reflect the business's they own. I think there's a bit more than adding trusted figures to the board going on, this is a team that have been brough together to do something, we just can't say for sure what something is going to be.

I'm sure it is going to be exciting.  NSWE are showing that they are not here to make up the numbers.  They seem to be ramping things up pretty rapidly.

• Like 1

Just now, allani said:

Yeah - I should have said none of the new people (given that Atairos option makes sense as they've just become minority owners in VSports).  The other names have come out of nowhere in terms of known official links to our club.

The other names are people who work for Wes and Nassif - they aren't new in terms of what they bring to the table, the business's and interests they represent are already owned by our owners. The only new people are Atairos - they have experience in growing businesses, and especially sports/media/events businesses. It's really quite an exciting move in terms of what it suggests and the ability and experience it gives us (not to mention the finance) but in terms of construction/infrastructure development, we were very, very strong anyway.

Bashir Lebada is Nassif's right hand man and has apparently had quite a bit of impact into Villa for a little while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The other names are people who work for Wes and Nassif - they aren't new in terms of what they bring to the table, the business's and interests they represent are already owned by our owners. The only new people are Atairos - they have experience in growing businesses, and especially sports/media/events businesses. It's really quite an exciting move in terms of what it suggests and the ability and experience it gives us (not to mention the finance) but in terms of construction/infrastructure development, we were very, very strong anyway.

Bashir Lebada is Nassif's right hand man and has apparently had quite a bit of impact into Villa for a little while.

It seems like the next phase is beginning to take shape and those people are now dedicating more time and focus to grow villa. This is exciting imo.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

There we go. That's why we need a new stadium 

Because some children liked a stadium tour more? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

It seems like the next phase is beginning to take shape and those people are now dedicating more time and focus to grow villa. This is exciting imo.

As @OutByEaster? said - it's hard to believe that this is coincidental.  It has the feel of something (big) happening.  I don't think this is about rewarding people for their previous work by giving them a directorship of another company.  It feels like they've been appointed to do something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Very nice that our league performance has improved dramatically at the same time as this. Things like overseas shirt sales are bound to go up a lot if we can manage to keep qualifying for Europe and start regularly competing for trophies.

Complete guesswork but if theres anyone in this countries second city that is going to develop a huge stadium/ hotel/ retail development then it will be our lot.  

We arent going to come second to Blues when it comes to multi use . Its inconceivable that we would stay at VP and get left behind commercially  ( but not football wise) because of our emotional attachment. Every decent sized club has either moved or has plans to move. Utd , Chelsea Newcastle .  Even Crystal Palace are looking at a North Stand type development . 

The way that Heck came in , did due diligence, and then seemed to shelve/ delay the North Stand development , and then soon after Atairos are announced as minority shareholders is too much of a co incidence for me . 

Birmingham Council will i am sure due to their finances be willing to do all kinds of land deals to help fund services at the moment. We would be stupid not to take advantage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Well, this is all very interesting and exciting.

It seems Heck is off the hook for the North Stand 'pause', considering the people and investment being brought in close to the owners, it seems very unlikely he'd be the driving force behind it and not the owners themselves. 

Certainly looks like we have grander plans now, whether that is on the current site or elsewhere. That decision might not even have been made yet, we may be looking at building multiple business cases for both.

My gut feeling is they want to stay on or near the current site, but a lot depends on how much room their plans will need and how much of that we can get at a reasonable price.

I think the main thing to take from this is that our owner's ambitions aren't limited to just on the pitch, they mean business.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Oh just tell us already what the plan is.

Aitaros, Adidas and Betano first meeting with Heck and the board:

" First off... The badge is absolutely shite... we are binning that if you want us to move forward here without looking like a laughing stock "

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Well, this is all very interesting and exciting.

It seems Heck is off the hook for the North Stand 'pause', considering the people and investment being brought in close to the owners, it seems very unlikely he'd be the driving force behind it and not the owners themselves. 

Certainly looks like we have grander plans now, whether that is on the current site or elsewhere. That decision might not even have been made yet, we may be looking at building multiple business cases for both.

My gut feeling is they want to stay on or near the current site, but a lot depends on how much room their plans will need and how much of that we can get at a reasonable price.

I think the main thing to take from this is that our owner's ambitions aren't limited to just on the pitch, they mean business.

I am reading all of today's updates on the Board, etc whilst watching a replay of yesterday's match (Tielemans has just hit the bar and the post).  I'm not sure which is giving me a bigger hard on!

• Haha 1

Â