Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I read in the General FFP thread that there is talk of including infrastructure into the FFP calculations, which I find unjustifiable and would make development of a new ground very unlikely.  Probably even the current plans would be difficult.

Luckily we only lease VP from an unrelated company. What they choose to do with it, or if we start leasing a new stadium of them, won’t factor into our FFP/PSR calculations besides a small rent increase.

Edited by fightoffyour

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Villa park has no presence on the big nights. Tonight showed. We won't miss it. 

You are chatting pure shite here. That's embarrassing .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The problem JV is that we had a good plan and it would be ready for 2026 allowing us to capitalise on the developments on the pitch.

If they have a better plan:

A. It may never happen as it could get scrapped also for inflation and other unforseeables etc 

B if there is a new plan it probably won't even have started by 2026 and finished by???

C. I don't trust them any more after they already cancelled what looked like a really sexy new development to look forward to. A cynic would think it is easy to announce plans if you aren't going to stick with it: 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The problem JV is that we had a good plan and it would be ready for 2026 allowing us to capitalise on the developments on the pitch.

If they have a better plan:

A. It may never happen as it could get scrapped also for inflation and other unforseeables etc 

B if there isba new plan it probably won't even have started by 2026 adlnf finished by???

C. I don't trust them any more after they already cancelled what looked like a really sexyvnew development to look forward to. A cynic would think it is easy to announce plans if you aren't going to stick with it: 

Yes, that is where I am basically at. I am somewhat concerned that such a huge project was seemingly dependent on one person (Purslow) and once he left we had a completely different policy. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes, that is where I am basically at. I am somewhat concerned that such a huge project was seemingly dependent on one person (Purslow) and once he left we had a completely different policy. 

I felt like a very (very!) lonely voice making this argument since December. I am glad to see I am not alone!

The biggest issue with Villa park is making the Witton Lane stand fit for purpose. The north stand is easy given the space behind. Been thinking of what they could do long term to replace it, two options being a stand similar to the old Highbury North Bank with a big second tier overhang or Portland timbers main stand stacked tiers. 

IMG_9474.jpeg

IMG_9473.jpeg

IMG_9475.jpeg

IMG_9472.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Aye, I have always thought an overhang on Witton Lane would have been a no brainer to get the most from that space.

Though I do feel getting to 50k by doing the new North stand would give us time to really think about a solution for Witton Lane. As in do we need to see if residents are open to selling etc.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Caravella82 said:

One person doesn't remember the Uefa cup Quarter final against Athletico Madrid. I've never heard any fans in any stadium make the noise Villa fans did that night.

Player performance spark the fans and that didn't happen tonight. Too many individual performances were awful. Villa park isn't to blame for that.

Spot on, the noise that night against Madrid was something I’ll never forget.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This was a very good chat.

They basically picked a scenario where one person had to make arguments FOR and AGAINST moving from VILLA PARK.

Good arguments for both scenarios in honesty which left me conflicted.

I;m thinking and hoping that the owners and Aitoros etc actually have a grand, groundbreaking plan to be able to redevelop VP in ways we never thought possible. ( I. E even better than original " suspended " plan.

Ye build it high up in the sky, so it causes a shadow over the sty, and then have the theme park around the perimeter, sorted!!

So the New Anfield Road End was fully opened today and this is what other teams are offering in terms of concourses and finishes… We get painted breeze-blocks, or the sterile Lower Grounds 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So the New Anfield Road End was fully opened today and this is what other teams are offering in terms of concourses and finishes… We get painted breeze-blocks, or the sterile Lower Grounds 

Did they give out free half and half scarves? Saw at least 5 people with them 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Did they give out free half and half scarves? Saw at least 5 people with them 😂

I have to go there quite regularly for my business and at their games v Man United (the 7-0) and Arsenal last season I barely heard a Scouse accent all day and the half scarfers were absolutely everywhere. Same at Old Trafford.

Edited by GlobalVillan

15 hours ago, thabucks said:

That appears to be a hospitality area so should be more compared to Terrace View shouldn't it? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, spiezels said:

Certainly looks that way. 

I expect the cost of that will have most people on here craving their £60 breeze-block wall and bar queue seat. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

That appears to be a hospitality area so should be more compared to Terrace View shouldn't it? 

Yep you’re right, think it is the GA+ zone … It’s just shows what is on offer without taking away from GA fans like the Terrace View did and what we’re up against.

Â