Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Wrong ! Capacity as per the Design & Access statement is around 2’500 on match days … it’s not significantly smaller either. 

http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.gov.uk/publisher/docs/DE78A5FFDAE05A5DD2477EC7617F88BB/Document-DE78A5FFDAE05A5DD2477EC7617F88BB.pdf

Interesting that the public capacity of the Villa Warehouse is as high as 2500. Does anyone recall the public capacity of the previously proposed Villa Live?

Villa live still going to happen according to this from Birmingham gov planning site

'The proposed scheme will enable the delivery of benefits of the of the Villa Live proposals in an
alternative format. While the Club intends to complete Villa Live, the Academy building represents a
meanwhile use of the site, which will (in combination with the amended North Stand) deliver all of
the benefits of the consented scheme, in an alternative package.'

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Villa live still going to happen according to this from Birmingham gov planning site

'The proposed scheme will enable the delivery of benefits of the of the Villa Live proposals in an
alternative format. While the Club intends to complete Villa Live, the Academy building represents a
meanwhile use of the site, which will (in combination with the amended North Stand) deliver all of
the benefits of the consented scheme, in an alternative package.'

The plans repeat in several places that Villa Live remains the ultimate aim. 

Also continue to mention stage 3 amending DE and Holte to take us to 53,000.

I still think though if they stress test the 30,000 waiting list after we've done The North and sold those extra season tickets they'd be mad not to look at wholesale rebuild of DE. 

I also think Grosvenor Rd/Queens Rd/Church Rd needs to be made 1 way on match day because the carnage caused by cars trying to squeeze in opposite directions, particularly on Church Rd is ridiculous and totally unnecessary if they had 1 way travel. 

• Like 1

See they’ve dropped the infill to the trinity which is a shame as it would’ve tidied up the carbuncle of a stand somewhat … They are also retaining the two storey plant room which was due to be demolished which solidifies the design IMO. 

A new Witton Lane Stand should be next on the agenda.  The more I think about it, aside from capacity, the concourses in the current stand are shocking for something built in the 1990s. I hope they are looking at clever ways of doing this - surely there are options now that weren't there in 1993? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

A new Witton Lane Stand should be next on the agenda.  The more I think about it, aside from capacity, the concourses in the current stand are shocking for something built in the 1990s. I hope they are looking at clever ways of doing this - surely there are options now that weren't there in 1993? 

Yeah I agree. 

It's not really fit for purpose. They'll probably be thinking about how much matchday revenue they miss out on due to the constraints of the concourses as much as the seat numbers. 

• Like 1

I've just thought. Could the extra seats in The DE be by sacrificing the executive boxes and building a few extra rows of seats?

There is a hell of a lot of extra executive seats in the new North Stand so maybe they don't need those down the side of the ground.  I'm not sure how many they actually sell. A lot of them seem to go to players currently. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've just thought. Could the extra seats in The DE be by sacrificing the executive boxes and building a few extra rows of seats?

There is a hell of a lot of extra executive seats in the new North Stand so maybe they don't need those down the side of the ground.  I'm not sure how many they actually sell. A lot of them seem to go to players currently. 

Depends if the long-term aim is a new DE stand. It would be fairly pointless to reconfigure the stand for 4-5 years and then demolish it.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Depends if the long-term aim is a new DE stand. It would be fairly pointless to reconfigure the stand for 4-5 years and then demolish it.

Why not? The reconfigured The North Stand for 3/4 years. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why not? The reconfigured The North Stand for 3/4 years. 

That was a fairly simple job of refurbishing the existing corporate area. Ripping out all of the executive boxes, adding extra rows of seats, and possibly reprofiling the entire lower tier would seem to be a big job if the whole thing would get flattened in the long term.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That was a fairly simple job of refurbishing the existing corporate area. Ripping out all of the executive boxes, adding extra rows of seats, and possibly reprofiling the entire lower tier would seem to be a big job if the whole thing would get flattened in the long term.

Not really. They knocked together a bunch of seperate individual boxes to make one (or two?) large restaurants. 

As it stands they're finding 3,000 extra seats in The DE and The Holte. That's a stated figure. I'm not sure how they achieve that without some pretty expensive remodelling. 

But if they are going to ultimately completely rebuild the DE that will obviously mean a departure from the current plan. So if they're not doing that these 3,000 seats will be a long term investment anyway. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

The plans repeat in several places that Villa Live remains the ultimate aim. 

Also continue to mention stage 3 amending DE and Holte to take us to 53,000.

I still think though if they stress test the 30,000 waiting list after we've done The North and sold those extra season tickets they'd be mad not to look at wholesale rebuild of DE. 

I also think Grosvenor Rd/Queens Rd/Church Rd needs to be made 1 way on match day because the carnage caused by cars trying to squeeze in opposite directions, particularly on Church Rd is ridiculous and totally unnecessary if they had 1 way travel. 

The whole effing row of streets need to be made one way. It’s a fookin joke. 

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I hope they are looking at clever ways of doing this - surely there are options now that weren't there in 1993? 

The same options that were there in 1993, spend an awful lot of money getting the land, then buy and demolish about 80 houses and possibly a school.

Italy and Turkey have pulled out of Euro 2028 to put a co-host bid together for 2032..

Does this give us the funding for the Station revamp & maybe Villa Live will get sorted quicker? 

Edited by villarule123

Â