Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

On 25/07/2022 at 09:27, The Fun Factory said:

Would be useful if the club gave an update on the inner city academy. They have broken ground but a few pics on the site would be appreciated. 

I not sure it be that interesting yet. 

I already seem some people post pics on Twitter and just looks like a building site atm

Edited by Villa_Stateside

2 hours ago, Villa_Stateside said:

I not sure it be that interesting yet. 

I already seem some people post pics on Twitter and just looks like a building site atm

That's why I was interested in who the main contractor was, they'll do more stuff on their linkedin etc than the club will at this stage

Might check skyscrapercity later

• Like 1

I’m not sure if this doable but it would be nice to have one of those time lapse videos when it’s finally nearing completion so we can see it all come together, without watching a live feed for months. 

I don't know about the Inner City Academy building, but I'm pretty sure that for the North Stand, the project is being managed by a company called Trivandi and that the architects are Grimshaw.

Websites are here:

https://www.trivandi.com/?page_id=7

“Our mission is to make every event and venue even better than the one before it, whilst leaving a positive impact on the environment and communities we work in”

https://grimshaw.global

Grimshaw is a place of ideas and invention, driven by a desire to connect people to each other and the world around us. We recognise the urgency of the challenges that face our planet, and our duty to deliver architecture and design best suited for a flourishing future.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2022 at 18:15, OutByEaster? said:

I don't know about the Inner City Academy building, but I'm pretty sure that for the North Stand, the project is being managed by a company called Trivandi and that the architects are Grimshaw.

Websites are here:

https://www.trivandi.com/?page_id=7

https://grimshaw.global

That word salad sounds like the same stuff that  the poor bbc commentators had to read out during the Commonwealth opening ceremony.

• Haha 1

On 15/07/2022 at 11:07, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of what we were told, there are no plans currently in place or in consideration for the redevelopment of the Doug Ellis Stand - either in phase 2 or beyond - it's here for the foreseeable.

Phase 2 seems to be a set of ideas and proposals with some design work behind them, I think as each part of it becomes something that reaches implementation they'll tell us about it - but it's smaller stuff, remodelling the hospitality areas, adding hospitality terraces, remodelling pavements, using the space under the Holte; that sort of thing - not rebuilding stands.  

Yes but I thought the overall plan was to increase capacity to around 60k after phase 2. Does that mean that the Doug Ellis, or what ever it may be called by then, basically gets a facelift and some tweets but the big lift in capacity will be a new Holte?

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but I thought the overall plan was to increase capacity to around 60k after phase 2. Does that mean that the Doug Ellis, or what ever it may be called by then, basically gets a facelift and some tweets but the big lift in capacity will be a new Holte?

I honestly think the Birmingham big picture plan has regeneration in mind for that area. I honestly see possibility of a new stand happening in this Situation, as they might knock down homes to bring in new builds. So Villa could take advantage. 

this won’t be great for locals, but i just get the sense this is long term plan behind the scenes will make the WItton Station more attractive to local government and train companies. The HS2 is a game changer

of course I am just guessing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sooo- they said late summer? When can we expect the application to be dropped? End of the month/early September?

Well my daughter went back to school today up here in Scotland, so I’m officially calling late summer. Let’s see those mega plans!

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sooo- they said late summer? When can we expect the application to be dropped? End of the month/early September?

I was thinking this.   The Summer is well past middle age now,  another week it two and it will be positively ancient. 

On 16/08/2022 at 17:17, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think the application will be dropped!

Reafing  the latest astonvilla.wtf and highly recommended MOMs newsletter https://www.astonvilla.wtf/?s=r&utm_campaign=pub&utm_medium=web

He mentions we can reconfigure the lower Holte and add 2-3k seats and goes with what’s others have said about space under the Holte being utilised for pitch access… 

Apparently, according to Villa’s Head of Estates, around 35% of the rubble of the old Holte terrace is buried under the current Holte End.

It’ll probably come as no surprise to older fans, as it seems like the classic kind of move Deadly Doug (Ellis) would make to save on the cost of excavation!

Apparently, clearing this out could create the space to allow for a restructuring of the Holte and its lower concourse to potentially increase the capacity of the stand by 2000 to 3000 fans.

It’s an intriguing proposition, but any such work on the Holte would come in a phase after the North Stand has been rebuilt. Nevertheless, it’s interesting to see how Villa Park can potentially have a further increase in capacity without having to rebuild an entire stand. 

Get ready though for the selling off of the Holte rubble… ‘Another chance to own a piece of the famous old Holte End’.

Maybe Ellis missed a trick there?

Bet rid of the awful junction between the Holte and Witton 

09788A00-8FF7-48A9-9366-9611876FD95E.jpeg

Nah honest that's relatively normal 

You do demo, you take it off site at a rate of say £50 per cube because its rubble so classed as non hazardous rather than inert, you then bring in imported crushed recycled stone from another demo site at a rate of say £60 per cube... Or you just hire a crusher for half the cost... 

It depends on the size of the building and the space to store the crushed material 

But it is normal and makes sense and either way they have to build on a compacted stone sub layer, all that stone serves a structural purpose you can't can't just take it out 

Unless they're saying that instead of excavating say 1m of soil they excavated 3m of soil and stuck the stone there... But that doesn't make sense because they'd still have to pay for the additional excavation and cart away the soil so it's not a cost saving thing because that's not cheaper 

• Like 1

Â