Prince dead at 57

Demitri_C

Not my cup of tea and I can honestly say there is not one prince song I can say I like,but he was one of the true greats. Very much up there with micheal Jackson. I can definitely see why millions of people idolised him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

saw this yesterday on my timeline ( the whole song)  .. thought  beardy bloke in the hat  did a great job on the vocals (as did Tom Petty )

Hate to speak ill of the dead, but the way he chucks his guitar and struts off stage at the end always rubbed me the wrong way. He made a George Harrison tribute more about himself. Bit arrogant. 

I don't know, he never knocked on my door.

I'm over in the states at the moment and it is wall to wall coverage. They were saying that he was very religious throughout and right up to the end.

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Hate to speak ill of the dead, but the way he chucks his guitar and struts off stage at the end always rubbed me the wrong way. He made a George Harrison tribute more about himself. Bit arrogant. 

I think the guitar thing is a bit of a trademark isn't it? Just casually handing it over after making love to it?

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I did kinda think the same at first but he always played that way and you can see the others enjoying it rather than feeling they were being upstaged ( it had been rehearsed so it's not like they didn't know )

you get some players that are flash rather than good players ... Prince was a showman and a master of his trade 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think the guitar thing is a bit of a trademark isn't it? Just casually handing it over after making love to it?

Is that any way to treat a lover?

I think he's a casualty of the pain med industrial complex. He had hip surgery a while back and was prescribed opioids. 

They say his emergency plane landing last week was to get him to hospital to administer narcan, or whatever they call it. Counteracts the effects of poppy derived drugs. 

I think he left the hospital to return home and binge out on more pills. It's a **** tragedy, really. 

Prince always struck me as a bit prude, despite his overtly sexual persona. 

I really don't think he was your run of the mill drug addicted pop star. 

But maybe he was -_-

2016 is a bitch eh?

Â