Prince dead at 57

Demitri_C

I still can't believe it. Such an incredible musician, performer and person. There's a lot of details coming out now about how much he did to help his friends, as well as all the work he did to help local communities, all things that he kept very private. A truly inspirational human being.

38 minutes ago, maqroll said:

When the marching band kicks in it's like Beethoven or John Coltrane. A real true and honest moment of music, truly touching and transcendent.

• Like 1

The fact that there was a thunderstorm going on for that adds to the vibe of the whole thing. Very uplifting moment, I'm pissed I never saw him play live now. I've always loved Prince, but was never a hardcore fan. I owned Purple Rain and disc 2 of the 3 disc greatest hits release. For some reason he was never really on my radar as someone I felt compelled to go see. Bummer.

Prince Paid Off 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield's Medical Bills...
After getting diagnosed with cancer 15 years ago, legendary drummer and James Brown collaborator Clyde Stubblefield had $90,000 worth of hospital bills.

Stubblefield's wife Jody Hannon received an unexpected call while Stubblefield was undergoing chemotherapy for bladder cancer: Prince's people were on the line, and they wanted to know how much Stubblefield needed in order to pay off his massive medical bills. True to his buttoned-up, discreet nature, Prince requested that his donation -- a whopping $80,000 to help pay for Stubblefield's treatment -- be kept a secret from the press.

Billboard

• Like 3

Some heartbreaking details coming out now. He was planning on flying out to LA for drug rehab, and the doctor in LA flew his grown son to Minnesota with a bottle of medicine used to treat severe opioid addiction. The guy showed up at Paisley Park with the medicine only to hear the screams of the women who found Prince's body. It's conceivable that he was minutes away from potentially being saved. **** tragic.

Â