Final Premier League Home Game

hogso

I'll be coming down for this, my last game was Wycombe away and I had said I wouldn't be giving the club any more of my money this year but who knows when VP will see another top division fixture so I'm relenting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making the trip down home for this one (first game since small heath). Meeting up with my mate from Uni, as well as a few of the old faces I see every visit down to B6. Although I hold no hope of the team seeing the Premier League off in style, I am looking forward to standing on the Holte End again, and having a few sociable ones in the few remaining hostelries of Aston.

Edited by dAVe80

Shame I can't be there. I hope the players bar the youngsters get the nastiest of abuse for the whole 90 minutes.

I'm not even joking here when I say that what I want to see most from this game is as many bad injuries as possible to the senior players.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I honestly can't believe that any Aston Villa fan would even consider going to this. In fact, I find the continued presence of our fans at games is sending out the wrong message to the board and the players. I hate not going to games but the stance of not going until Randy sells is the right thing to do and the only thing that could ever make a difference.

In addition, being at VP watching the likes of Lescott and Richards trundle around aimlessly, whilst Newcastle potentially secure safety and rub our relegation in our faces is just plain mental and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

For what it's worth, I think we will lose. Again.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

Don't be silly, as if we'd ever be allowed the last laugh. Embarrassing defeat that results in Newcastle staying up and they all mercilessly take the piss out of us.

That's how life goes, we lost the lottery and supported Aston Villa.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Personally, I can't believe any Aston Villa supporter would not want to go to this.  If we were in mid-table heaven OK, but the fact we're in such a dire straits, and about to exit the premier league, is precisely why I (and many others I know) would not miss this one.  It has nothing to do with Lerner or our current players.  Those things are temporary and, with a bit of luck, they'll soon be gone.  Our support is permanent and should be non-conditional.  We sing Villa till we die? and "We’ll keep the lions flag flying high."  Well, times like this are when we back those words up.  At the low points when things look bleak. So I will be there alongside other supporters, dressed in claret and blue, having a few jars, keeping the lions flag flying high and singing defiantly with a bit of gallows humor thrown in. 

Love this post mate and there are many who feel like you do which is why the protest group have not organised any protests with in the ground and will be encouraging a more jovial atmosphere. I think Saturday is about coming together as supporters and showing solidarity not to the manager, the players, the board or the owner but to the football club. An act of defiance if you like that we may be down but as long as we the supporters have breath in our bodies we are far from out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Personally, I can't believe any Aston Villa supporter would not want to go to this.  If we were in mid-table heaven OK, but the fact we're in such a dire straits, and about to exit the premier league, is precisely why I (and many others I know) would not miss this one.  It has nothing to do with Lerner or our current players.  Those things are temporary and, with a bit of luck, they'll soon be gone.  Our support is permanent and should be non-conditional.  We sing Villa till we die? and "We’ll keep the lions flag flying high."  Well, times like this are when we back those words up.  At the low points when things look bleak. So I will be there alongside other supporters, dressed in claret and blue, having a few jars, keeping the lions flag flying high and singing defiantly with a bit of gallows humor thrown in. 

I despise the current board, the current players and I also dislike Newcastle. For that reason, I can think of nothing worse than spending my Saturday afternoon watching that game. It's about opinions, and that is mine.

On 30/04/2016 at 16:58, Mantis said:

Shame I can't be there. I hope the players bar the youngsters get the nastiest of abuse for the whole 90 minutes.

I'm not even joking here when I say that what I want to see most from this game is as many bad injuries as possible to the senior players.

what and diminish even further any chance we have of selling / getting rid of them?  Literally nonsensical

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Richard said:

what and diminish even further any chance we have of selling / getting rid of them?  Literally nonsensical

I can't see any of our players getting a move tbh. Anyone who has watched us this season would realise not only how bad our team is, but how little commitment they show. We will struggle to shift them.

Â