The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Current thinking seems to be an extension will happen, but only a short one, and at the end of that May's favoured option of her deal or no deal will be up for a final vote, and in that scenario she'll get what she wanted months ago - a parliament caught between the cliff edge and a bad safety net.

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, hey, let's not be able to sell them anything. Let's not be able to buy anything off them. What possible problem could there be, eh?

Leaving without a deal doesn't prevent trade (it may prevent some things for a while - like organic sales, for example). It makes it more difficult/more expensive.

49 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I cannot fathom why anybody in their right mind (I suppose there's a clue there) would actually WANT No Deal?

I can see why some people would want it even if it's no deal in the actual sense of the phrase. It allows for the possibility of the wet dream of huge deregulation and a free for all. Some people get very, very excited about that kind of thing (see Raab and his merry band of Brittania Unchained co-authors, for example).

I can certainly see why some of the anti-EU veterans might prefer it to the deal that May has brought back.

But, yes, it wasn't what most of the leave campaign(er)s were all about. It was (from an economic view) about leaving, securing a deal on our terms and sunlit, unicorn-rich uplands being just over the horizon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Current thinking seems to be an extension will happen, but only a short one, and at the end of that May's favoured option of her deal or no deal will be up for a final vote, and in that scenario she'll get what she wanted months ago - a parliament caught between the cliff edge and a bad safety net.

Whose current thinking? It's not the EU's as far as I've read, they appear to be saying, you want an extension, have a 21 month one or nothing

The couple of month's thing is an ERM concession

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

**** business I need to know if I need to convert my drivers license or not, getting very last minute now. €180 **** euros too, and you have to renew every **** 10 years here. Thanks Brexiteers. 

Seriously though, that's just an illustration of one tiny thing, I've had to fork out for passports for my kids in case the now super racist UK decide that they might not be British enough for a passport,...

...really, I used to be proud of being from the UK for a whole bunch of reasons (NHS, multi-ethnic society that made some astounding art/music etc, trade union movement, invention, free schooling to PHD) and most of them have been pissed up the wall, this Brexit stuff is the last straw.  

Sorry to quote the whole thing but I’m gonna on mobile. 

I feel your pain mate. Not about the kids obviously (that’s ****) but the driving license especially. 

I’m looking to buy a car from new. I’m scared I won’t even be allowed to drive it! Absolute madness. I’m getting to the point where I don’t ever want to live in the UK again. And I always thought I’d end up coming back. 

Edited by blandy
snipped
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whose current thinking? It's not the EU's as far as I've read, they appear to be saying, you want an extension, have a 21 month one or nothing

The couple of month's thing is an ERM concession

Ian Dunt, amongst a few others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Ian Dunt, amongst a few others.

I guess they might agree to it being over before the May elections if they could see an end to the nonsense in sight but you'd have to be extremely optimistic to see that in such a short timeframe.

I like Ian Dunt but I think he's wrong on that

47 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can see that happening, but I can also see that another possibility is when T.May has to ask them to extend, they can say "sure, 21 months, or no extension" Like I said, I think they hold all the cards. If that were to be what they say, then she's toast. (in my opinion) She won't and can't accept no deal, and it may even have been rules out by the UK by then, so then she has to go, her plan lost. So then everything changes.

• Like 1

What an utter cockwomble, actively "campaigns" (read: tells St Jezza what to think) for the referendum to be respected and now claims to be walking on water to prevent Honda leaving? It's partly your fault you absolute weapon. What are you going to do to Honda, hold them hostage?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

What an utter cockwomble, actively "campaigns" (read: tells St Jezza what to think) for the referendum to be respected

That melon has never seemed to have much respect for democracy. Utter bell.

• Like 1

She was Europe Minister.  She said she hadn't read the Lisbon Treaty, not many people have, but you might hope the Europe Minister might take a passing interest, and resigned her position, saying that she was disappointed not to be offered a more influential role in the Government, and feeling that she was involved in the Cabinet only in a peripheral capacity.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

It does for the muppets part, but they research **** all

How very dare you, they've been studying Dad's Army very closely indeed. Especially the opening titles.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, peterms said:

She was Europe Minister.  She said she hadn't read the Lisbon Treaty, not many people have, but you might hope the Europe Minister might take a passing interest, and resigned her position, saying that she was disappointed not to be offered a more influential role in the Government, and feeling that she was involved in the Cabinet only in a peripheral capacity.

She's in the same league as Nadine Dorries, the Thick as  F***ing Pig Shit MP Conference

Â