The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

7 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

In all seriousness, would you mind explaining how you come to that conclusion? 

Would I mind explaining how I came to the conclusion that was contary to your finger in the air ' it matters quite a lot if you buy anything imported'?

Really?

Edit: Sorry, but that is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen put forward.

Edited by snowychap

I really think the television coverage is wrong to keep focus on political party lines. I really don't see the link. I am happy with my choice of voting in this referendum which doesn't necessarily match the recommendation of the political party I tend to vote for. I don't see that as a slight against the political leaders I align mostly with.

In summary, the way people are voting in this referendum has little or nothing to do with following or rejecting party politics.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Would I mind explaining how I came to the conclusion that was contary to your finger in the air ' it matters quite a lot if you buy anything imported'?

Really?

Edit: Sorry, but that is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen put forward.

It's not a finger in the air. If the pound is weak, it buys less with foreign currency. I'm genuinely interested to hear why you think that wouldn't be the case or is not significant.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villakram said:

this is trending in a scary direction...

That depends...

I still think the huge remain majorities expected in the highly populated London boroughs may swing it.

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

I really think the television coverage is wrong to keep focus on political party lines. I really don't see the link. I am happy with my choice of voting in this referendum which doesn't necessarily match the recommendation of the political party I tend to vote for. I don't see that as a slight against the political leaders I align mostly with.

In summary, the way people are voting in this referendum has little or nothing to do with following or rejecting party politics.

I think it's important in demonstrating that it's a right old **** mess, mainly labour failing to get the message across to the working class in the north east that they in theory should be miles better off staying in

Kate Hoey won't be getting promoted anytime soon .... Interestingly she kinda raised the same point i did but doesn't appear to have upset anyone by doing so :)

49 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

And low turnout in London.  Soft southerners costing the referendum because they didn't want to get their hair wet?

Even with low turn out the sheer density of population in London will tip balance I think especially as I expect big remain results.

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think it's important in demonstrating that it's a right old **** mess, mainly labour failing to get the message across to the working class in the north east that they in theory should be miles better off staying in

I don't buy the failure to 'get the message across' theory. Perhaps the message was heard loud and clear but disagreed with. For example, I could calmly tell you of my opinion on a certain subject and you could carefully listen and consider my opinion deeply. You would still be entitled to disagree with me even though I had definitely got my message across to you.

• Like 1

Just now, Nabby said:

Even with low turn out the sheer density of population in London will tip balance I think especially as I expect big remain results.

City of London: Remain 75.3%, Leave 24.7%

if the rest of London mirrors that then remain could edge it  but ITV are putting Wandsworth at 65% which if replicated thoughout may not be enough 

Â