The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'll repeat:

Is your identity more strongly, Remainer or Anti-Corbyn? Would you rather be in the EU with Corbyn as PM, or out of it with Johnson?

And vote accordingly.

If the answer is 'Remainer' then you have to hold your nose and vote tactically.

You think Corbyn is going to remain? Seriously? 

The bumbling buffoon  cannot be trusted.

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, avfcDJ said:

Looks like the best vote for me here, to get rid of Tories, is Green.

That's what I will do.

I would have chosen Labour or Lib Dems for the same reason.

Getting rid of Tories is the most important thing. 

Good for you 👍

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dem.

Stop what you're doing and read what I'm saying.

Is your identity more strongly, Remainer or Anti-Corbyn? Would you rather be in the EU with Corbyn as PM, or out of it with Johnson?

I'll make this incredibly clear.

The best chance of remaining is for the Tories to lose. The best chance for the Tories to lose is tactical voting. Voting for the most likely candidate to defeat the Tories in your seat. If that's Lib Dem, vote Lib Dem. If it's Labour, vote Labour.

This isn't about Corbyn vs Johnson.

BUT

If your anti-Corbyn stance is that strong, ignore everything I've said and don't vote Labour.

But if the Tories win in Enfield, then what can we say? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you know what the party's choice is?

Labour party choices are made at conference.

That choice is a referendum on remain and a deal created to exit by Labour.

Your obsession with Corbyn and a lack of understanding how Labour policy works is insane.

• Like 1

Dem saying he will vote Lib Dem followed by posters patronising him and telling him why he's wrong  , which is fairly typical for VT bolitics threads of course  , but he's made a conviction which seems to be based on something more substantial than ABT , so good luck to him .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dem.

Stop what you're doing and read what I'm saying.

Is your identity more strongly, Remainer or Anti-Corbyn? Would you rather be in the EU with Corbyn as PM, or out of it with Johnson?

I'll make this incredibly clear.

The best chance of remaining is for the Tories to lose. The best chance for the Tories to lose is tactical voting. Voting for the most likely candidate to defeat the Tories in your seat. If that's Lib Dem, vote Lib Dem. If it's Labour, vote Labour.

This isn't about Corbyn vs Johnson.

BUT

If your anti-Corbyn stance is that strong, ignore everything I've said and don't vote Labour.

But if the Tories win in Enfield, then what can we say? 

As explained previously I am voting lib dems so that answers that.

Labour's "stance" is something I don't trust they want to go as well. I don't believe for one second Corbyn will do another referendum.  It took him how long to decide if he is in, out, in again. I don't like Boris but at least we know he wants out and don't want to be in. Right or wrong that's how Corbyn should have been. Said I'm in no matter what. 

I actually believe the liberals that they want in more than Corbyn so they are getting my vote.

9 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Do you know what the party's choice is?

Labour party choices are made at conference.

That choice is a referendum on remain and a deal created to exit by Labour.

Your obsession with Corbyn and a lack of understanding how Labour policy works is insane.

How am I "obsessed" with Corbyn. Bit of a ridiculous statement mate.

What difference is it from all the people critsiing Johnson. Are they "obsessed" too. If the Labour party didn't have a psychopath running the party Labour would have a very good chance of winning this election.

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Dem saying he will vote Lib Dem followed by posters patronising him and telling him why he's wrong  , which is fairly typical for VT bolitics threads of course  , but he's made a conviction which seems to be based on something more substantial than ABT , so good luck to him .

It's the villatalk way tone. You can't go against them and they start belittling you. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Labour's "stance" is something I don't trust they want to go as well. I don't believe for one second Corbyn will do another referendum.  It took him how long to decide if he is in, out, in again. I don't like Boris but at least we know he wants out and don't want to be in. Right or wrong that's how Corbyn should have been. Said I'm in no matter what. 

I actually believe the liberals that they want in more than Corbyn so they are getting my vote.

How am I "obsessed" with Corbyn. Bit of a ridiculous statement mate.

What difference is it from all the people critsiing Johnson. Are they "obsessed" too. If the Labour party didn't have a psychopath running the party Labour would have a very good chance of winning this election.

You're mentioning Corbyn a lot - and suggesting he's in charge of policy.

He isn't in charge of policy.

You're free to vote as you please 👍

Just now, avfcDJ said:

You're mentioning Corbyn a lot - and suggesting he's in charge of policy.

He isn't in charge of policy.

You're free to vote as you please 👍

I mentioned him once today. Johnson gets talked alot on here but no one saying someone is obsessed with Johnson?

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You don't understand what I'm saying at all so I will bow out of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It's the villatalk way tone. You can't go against them and they start belittling you. 

The problem is, you're making claims which are untrue. You are saying that Corbyn is going to take us out of the EU - which isn't Labour policy, and yet willing to vote for Lie Dems who have history on backing the Tories - and if Lib Dems take votes from Labour, we could get a hard brexit. 

It's not like choosing who you want to win out of Villa and Wolves, it's more complex. FPTP isn't right for modern politics and it means we need to vote carefully when wanting rid of a party. A wrong vote cast can lead to no deal. 

Edited by avfcDJ
It was a prediction not a fact

Johnson is the prime minister, corbyn isn't. Johnson has responsibility for governing, Corbyn doesn't. Johnson - and the tories are responsible for bills passed over the last nine years. Labour aren't. It's not hard to see why more criticism is sent towards those who actually had responsibility for changing the course of people's lives, rather than an opposition who don't.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I mentioned him once today. Johnson gets talked alot on here but no one saying someone is obsessed with Johnson?

You said Corbyn will choose to leave the EU. It's not true. It's not Labour policy. 

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That isn't what's happening and you know that.

I am explaining what tactical voting is, with no success.

I am voting Lib Dem more than likely, so why would I patronise and ridicule him for voting the same way as me?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I shall be tactically voting, which means I shall be voting for Green again I think. Though, doesn't really matter, Worcester is Tory central. 

similar story in Tamworth.

Â